• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cedric Soares: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This is so simple yet people make it so complicated. He was brought in because we've only got one actual RB and he himself has had injury issues in recent times. Arteta has bemoaned the fact that he's had to play a winger and a midfielder as his full-backs. AMN has said on numerous occasions that he wants to be considered as a midfielder an rightly or wrongly doesn't want to be tied down to being a RB. This is literally a risk free transfer, if he's absolutely horrendous he'll not be here after this season. Also FWIW Cedric has also played LB at times so the added versatility might have been a factor.

progman07

Established Member
Don't care about this deal, Cedric is **** and **** Kia too! Wish the club had nothing to do with the shady bastard, his client list is poverty.
I'm sure if a few of these kinds of signings fail (I'm still suspicious of the Denis Suarez one), Edu and Sanhelli will be under a lot of pressure. But anyways it doesn't look too well so far.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Yeah, I mean we didn't actually buy a Southampton winger who scored over 100 goals for us (several in cup finals, CL knock-out ties, Sp**s and Chelsea derbies).
I know many rate Walcott but I don't. Stats aside, and nice words from Pep back in the day don't change the fact that he was never able to be consistent and help us to even a flimsy title challenge. He flattered to deceive and his money for nothing contract was the source of anger (eventually) amongst many Gooners. We'll have to disagree on this.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I know many rate Walcott but I don't. Stats aside, and nice words from Pep back in the day don't change the fact that he was never able to be consistent and help us to even a flimsy title challenge. He flattered to deceive and his money for nothing contract was the source of anger (eventually) amongst many Gooners. We'll have to disagree on this.
He joined in an era where we were doing well just to finish top 4. Guys like Walcott, Giroud, Ramsey etc were signed for 30M, always got us top 4, scored and assisted in over 350 goals.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

Time to play another round of AM’s “you’re either world class or you’re ****!”

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He joined in an era where we were doing well just to finish top 4. Guys like Walcott, Giroud, Ramsey etc were signed for 30M, always got us top 4, scored and assisted in over 350 goals.
I'm not talking about lots of past players it's just my opinion that players we've bought from Southampton haven't been that great for us. Compare Bale at Sp**s and VVD at Liverpool. There's always Schneiderlin so we're not alone.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
I'm not talking about lots of past players it's just my opinion that players we've bought from Southampton haven't been that great for us. Compare Bale at Sp**s and VVD at Liverpool. There's always Schneiderlin so we're not alone.

Walcott had a good career here

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Welcome to Cedric- I’m a fan of signings with prem experience we never do enough of those.

Side note but Walcott had a fantastic career with us btw. Mainly ruined by unrealistic expectations and injuries, but he had special moments with us for sure. Plus he’s a centurion.
His lack of natural technique and genuine love for football ultimately held him back from being truly elite, but his Arsenal career is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of - he was great for us.

Keplaz

I know people say AMN is a solid right back and good cover for Hector, but he isn't a natural there and sometimes gets exposed. And he doesn't like playing there.

We also need cover for Lucas Torreira whose role has taken extreme importance under Arteta. None of our other midfielders apart from AMN have a similar skill set and the pace and energy levels required for that role.

If Cedric allows us to give Torreira a rest, with AMN playing his favoured position, then that's a smart sigining. He has experience in this league and shouldn't take too long to bed in. And if he does struggle then at least we still have AMN..

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Raul Sanllehi must‘ve collected quite a lot of money for this transfer to happen, good on him, he truly has a big **** energy about him. Except that we‘re getting f*cked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom