• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cedric Soares: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I thought I said final transfers but perhaps not.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/where-are-they-now-arsenals-last-20-january-signings/

Final ones were.. Kallstrom, Bielik, Gabriel, Elneny, Bramall, Mavropanos, Mhiki, PEA.

All unsuccessful aside from PEA.

Mikhi was part of the Sanchez deal. Bielik we sold for a massive profit, guys like Mavro and Bramall came for tiny prices, Gabriel went back to Spain for a good price.

None of them were bad business, El Neny aside.

Generally though, Wenger signed great players in Jan.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Gdeep in crisis. He’s been broken.

Arsenal tend to break me at least once a season tbh. What’s the saddest/funniest ‘breaking’ we’ve witnessed on the forum?

Has to be Emery on my boy @razörist for me. That was painful/hilarious to watch. :lol:

smashed

Mikhi was part of the Sanchez deal. Bielik we sold for a massive profit, guys like Mavro and Bramall came for tiny prices, Gabriel went back to Spain for a good price.

None of them were bad business, El Neny aside.

Generally though, Wenger signed great players in Jan.

We had a massive offer (70m?) for Sanchez a few months before and instead swapped him for a player failing at man Utd and who had little confidence at arsenal and was shipped out. Our end of the deal was just as bad as Utd, it was City that came out winners.
Bielik made us lonely but was no use for a mid season transfer.
Mavro was 2m wasted and now paying the wages.
El Neny is costing us money as we speak.
Kallstrom was a waste of time.
Gabriel was sold for a loss and also considered sub standard.

It is OK to admit that you are sometimes wrong :) we are all human.

Cedric has not been great recently for saints but he will cover the position for now and the risk is low (the same logic Arsène used for his previous transfers).

GDeep™

League is very weak
We had a massive offer (70m?) for Sanchez a few months before and instead swapped him for a player failing at man Utd and who had little confidence at arsenal and was shipped out. Our end of the deal was just as bad as Utd, it was City that came out winners.

Cedric has not been great recently for saints but he will cover the position for now and the risk is low (the same logic Arsène used for his previous transfers).
Bielik was on for the future and had made us a massive profit. Mavropanos was another future signing, he could develop into a player that we can atleast sell for a profit. Paulista i didn’t want us to sell as I thought he was better than what we already had, he was a good signing despite us having to sell for a loss.

El Neny was a flop.

Your initial post was about “January windows” and not only the latter ones. Wenger, in general, has a superb record.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Arsenal tend to break me at least once a season tbh. What’s the saddest/funniest ‘breaking’ we’ve witnessed on the forum?

Has to be Emery on my boy @razörist for me. That was painful/hilarious to watch. :lol:
Not broken at all. How?

The last time I was apparently broken was when we signed Lichtseiner and I said he was crap, I had to leave the forum because you guys thought he was great.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Hard to look past @say yes eviscerating Giroud. Genuinely thought he might run onto the pitch and harm the guy at one point.

smashed

Bielik was on for the future and had made us a massive profit. Mavropanos was another future signing, he could develop into a player that we can atleast sell for a profit. Paulista i didn’t want us to sell as I thought he was better than what we already had, he was a good signing despite us having to sell for a loss.

El Neny was a flop.

Your initial post was about “January windows” and not only the latter ones. Wenger, in general, has a superb record.

Agreed, my post was generalised but I meant to say final transfers. Equally, your comment was that he would never allow such rubbish to be signed but my post still disproved that.
Agreed again, arsenal are declining. Level with Burnley though... :)

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Didn't say it was Wenger, think Grimandi was taking bungs though.

Or like most of the people around Wenger at that time he was just grossly incompetent. Some of the stories about the likes of him and Gerry Peyton are embarrassing.

Now it’s something grimier, getting into bed with scumbags like Joorabchian is a massive overcorrection.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Yeah well in the end he broke us all. Took others just more time than it took me to realise it

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Isn’t he injured? He’ll cover nothing.

progman07

Established Member
We will probably look back to this signing and never understand why the Club did it (apart from suspicious agent activities).

Arteta today:
He had an issue in his knee, it is not completely healed yet and he hasn’t been training with us so I expect him to be back in the next couple of weeks but I can’t give you a date.

By the time he returns it is March, he hasn't played in 2-3 months, we will only have important games and Bellerin - AMN will manage the games... His best chance is a Kallström moment, isn't it.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We will probably look back to this signing and never understand why the Club did it (apart from suspicious agent activities).

Arteta today:

By the time he returns it is March, he hasn't played in 2-3 months, we will only have important games and Bellerin - AMN will manage the games... His best chance is a Kallström moment, isn't it.

Lovely to see our “risk free” loan signing won’t even be taking the field until March at the earliest with a lingering knee issue.

Reactions: roz

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
If the club keep progressing in the FA Cup and EL there will be plenty of games to go around. I don't think Arteta sees AMN as a full back anyway, since he complained about playing players out of position there.

Judge him in May.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom