• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who is our best midfielder in the past decade?

Who's our Best midfielder of the last decade?

• Arteta

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coquelin

• Wilshere

• Xhaka

• Rosicky

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
would genuinely take Cazorla back for next season if we dont make any CM signing
Quite sad that a finished Cazorla would instantly become our best CM if we sign him.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Quite sad that a finished Cazorla would instantly become our best CM if we sign him.
To me it highlights how good he actually is. Could have played for any of the ‘super clubs’.

But yeah, sad indictment of our CM area.

interestingly there appears to be a lack of quality in that position throughout the prem in my opinion.
Even City and Pool aren’t comfortable in CM. City’s are mostly ageing with Foden in the prospect category and Liverpool have Henderson who we all know is shiyte really. An injury to Fabinhio and they could be in trouble.

uniteds best CM is Mctominay which is telling.
Id rather have any of them instead of Xhaka mind

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

uniteds best CM is Mctominay which is telling.
Id rather have any of them instead of Xhaka mind

I mean we do have Pogba, Bruno who might disagree with that.

McTominay is a very good player, from what I've seen he's better than Xhaka. He has discipline in his early 20's and a stronger mentality that the latter will ever have.

roz

Fake News Merchant
I mean we do have Pogba, Bruno who might disagree with that.

McTominay is a very good player, from what I've seen he's better than Xhaka. He has discipline in his early 20's and a stronger mentality that the latter will ever have.
No dig at Mctominay at all, I think he’s excellent. Meant telling in the sense that your “prospect” is in my opinion, your best CM by some distance, far superior to Xhaka.

Pogba though is perhaps one of the most overrated players in the last century. Doesn’t Bruno play more advanced? He looks good so far but hard to judge on 2months of games really.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Cazorla for me. After that Arteta and Coq. It's not only about style but never being scared of a no show or horrendous error when these guys stepped on the pitch. Of course they had some dodgy moments but apart from age and serious injury, they were pretty durable too. I'd take that now as a three man midfield-creativity, playmaking and defensive know how. And they're probably all struggling to make the top 5 of any Wenger midfielder.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Pogba is a beast, but he has Özil tendencies sadly as in he’s almost more trouble than he’s worth and such a big star. Its hard to tell such players what to do, even Wenger was quoted saying as such.
Undoubtedly world class when he’s up for it though, don’t think he’s overrated at all.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Pogba is a beast, but he has Özil tendencies sadly as in he’s almost more trouble than he’s worth and such a big star. Its hard to tell such players what to do, even Wenger was quoted saying as such.
Undoubtedly world class when he’s up for it though, don’t think he’s overrated at all.
Decent player, nothing more. Media attention negates what ability he has anyways

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Pogba is world class on his day. But is massively inconsistent.

Reminds me of of 2013-2017 Özil

roz

Fake News Merchant
Pogba is world class on his day. But is massively inconsistent.

Reminds me of of 2013-2017 Özil
Is he though? Played in a superb Juve team. Mostly average at united. Better than Xhaka sure, but not by much

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
It's a thing with AM.

I'm not surprised.

Giroud has become world class since leaving us.

Iwobi has suddenly become top class.

The length some posters will go to just to prove a point

Actually its a human thing. People forget/downplay bad things overtime. Cazorla is probably overrated by a few people here

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Actually its a human thing. People forget/downplay bad things overtime. Cazorla is probably overrated by a few people here
How TF is cazorla overrated? If anything, he's massively underrated.

A finished 35 year old cazorla walks into this team.
Better than Özil for sure

If Özil had 8 goals and 6 assist this season, most people on here would be wanking him off

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Where are the Özil acolytes BTW. Why aren't they voting for their master?

:lol:

Reactions: roz

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Özil is great player, but delicate and niche. With the likes of Cazorla, Ramsey and Sanchez up front the lad was the icing on the cake.

With Xhaka, Torreira and Lacazette up front he looks like a carthorse. He gives a beautifully weighted pass in the thick of defenders, runs for the return and rarely gets it back. You can see his frustration at their lack of vision.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Pogba though is perhaps one of the most overrated players in the last century. Doesn’t Bruno play more advanced? He looks good so far but hard to judge on 2months of games really.

I think it’s difficult to be overrated when everyone is on your back even when you’re not playing (Souness et al). He’s a level above everyone in the squad. I’ve watched him weekly for a long time, he’s not inconsistent, he’s just played in sides that has a lot of mediocrity. It’s difficult spending most of your career with Fellaini who had some good qualities but will never pass forward. Or having attackers that can’t finish your amazing created chances. Paul Scholes would have struggled playing in the sides Pogba has.

I have a lot of sympathy for Arsenal fans that had to deal with Özil bashing, thought some of you may be able to relate to the above. Says a lot when a manager like Mourinho who is so fixed on his principles and football ideology opts for a player like Özil during his prime years in such a pressured environment such as Madrid.

Anyways I’ve voted for Özil on this thread for that 15/16 performance, don’t think I’ve seen much better in the half of the season from an individual.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I will make a case for my boy Elneny, only frauds fail to score at Camp Nou, the real elites no how to bang em in top corner in Barcelona

GDeep™

League is very weak
Where are the Özil acolytes BTW. Why aren't they voting for their master?

:lol:
Maybe they’ve voted elsewhere? Which shows they aren’t invested in one player, if anything.

Unlike you, who seems obsessed with Özil like a crazy woman. He slept with you and didn’t call you back?

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Maybe they’ve voted elsewhere? Which shows they aren’t invested in one player, if anything.

Unlike you, who seems obsessed with Özil like a crazy woman. He slept with you and didn’t call you back?
You're the who goes all hysterical if Özil is mentioned in anyway or form in a negative light

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom