• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who is our best midfielder in the past decade?

Who's our Best midfielder of the last decade?

• Arteta

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coquelin

• Wilshere

• Xhaka

• Rosicky

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
AM always bashed him, Ramsey was hated on here, me aside.
He was inconsistent. He was bashed when he had bad games same as every other player that played for Arsenal.

He's not the first player to be bashed.

Remember when he used to bomb forward and leave our midfield exposed?

I'm sure you don't remember. You only care about your agenda

Since I started supporting Arsenal, I'm not sure any arsenal player has escaped criticism, except Özil to an extent

Reactions: roz

GDeep™

League is very weak
Cazorla better than Özil? You’ll only see that on AM.

Outside AM Santi is known for having to be substituted at HT against Sp**s because he was dizzy, meanwhile Özil is regarded as one of the greatest AM’s to ever play the game, his CV has every accomplishment there is.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
AM always bashed him, Ramsey was hated on here, me aside.
Before I even joined this forum, back when Ramsey would get absolutely violated (by people who ended up loving him) I was always protecting him. The guy had a horrible injury and I was willing to give him time, and ithe clubs patience paid off.

I would say though that quality wise he wasnt top top level, but he was talented and had a good mentality. My only issue with Rambo was that I feel like his ego was a little too big at times on the pitch, he'd go for audacious goals and dribbles when simple passes were on. But I guess that arrogance and self belief was the same thing that allowed him to come in with some clutch goals for us.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Outside AM Santi is known for having to be substituted at HT against Sp**s because he was dizzy, meanwhile Özil is regarded as one of the greatest AM’s to ever play the game, his CV has every accomplishment there is.
Put some respect on Cazorla's name. If you take his and Özil's Arsenal careers in isolation there is no debate. You are applying pre concieved perceptions of Özil (as well as his god given talent) to his actual performances in an Arsenal shirt.

Let me tell you this, Özil has had more dissapointing games in an Arsenal shirt than good ones. How can you call someone one of our GOATs based off that. You must be Turkish or something, some sort of bias is there.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

He won trophies, which is more than most Arsenal players, his peak season here was one of the great Arsenal seasons in the history of the club.
Jenkinson won trophies too. Just because he was part of the team doesn't make him integral to out trophy winning team.

Cazorla, Alexis, Ramsey, Koscielny, Mertesacker and Walcott were more integral to our FA cups win than Özil.

How many goals or assist did he give in those fa cup runs?

This is the same narrative that's being peddled by by the Anti-Lacazette brigade, "Oh Giroud won us three FA cups"
FFS :lol:

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

There's no debate. Cazorla had a far better Arsenal career than Özil.

Even oppo fans rate Cazorla's Arsenal career over Özil's.

Even my Chelsea and United mates reckon Cazorla Arsenal career was better than Özil's Arsenal career.

You're talking about the Sp**s game.

Everyone knows Özil is Mr sick note :lol:

Last edited:

roz

Fake News Merchant

Santi is the better, more complete player. Pretty telling that most would take a 35 year old santi over mesut right now.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Cazorla was on par with Xavi and Iniesta in his prime.

Also was pretty much the best performer in the national team then he final got chances.

Sadly was out of the limelight due to Barca and Real taking up every place for a long period of time.
Spain simple had too many good players at a time in midfield.

Most two-footed player I have ever seen.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Madness to suggest Özil is anywhere near Santi’s level. Love how teams couldn’t bully him despite his size. Something mesut could learn from

roz

Fake News Merchant
Also how comes Ramsey is suddenly twice the player since he left us?

Very good player that we shouldn’t have let leave but still, you’d think he was Zidane the way people go on about him.

I remember him having Song syndrome. Pulls off a flick and then does it every 5mins to give the ball away

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Also how comes Ramsey is suddenly twice the player since he left us?
It's a thing with AM.

I'm not surprised.

Giroud has become world class since leaving us.

Iwobi has suddenly become top class.

The length some posters will go to just to prove a point

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I feel like Ramsey and Özil definitely had higher peaks than Cazorla. I think that's a fair statement to make but when Ramsey and Özil were bad, they were really bad. I doubt Ramsey or Özil will be able to do what Cazorla is doing right now at 35. Ramsey cos he's injured 60% of the season and Özil has semi-retired.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

A 35 year old Cazorla vs a 31 year old Özil.

The 31 year Özil looks more the pensioner.

Meanwhile, Özil is getting pummeled in poll :lol:

You love to see it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

…found it!

Good song choices, he was probably as good this season as Ramsey in 13/14 and Mes in 15/16.

Last edited:

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

He won trophies, which is more than most Arsenal players, his peak season here was one of the great Arsenal seasons in the history of the club.
By "Peak season" I assume you're
referring to the 15/16 season where he had 19
assists. 17 of those were in the first half of the
season. In the second half of the season he was diabolical

Meanwhile Santiago Cazorla had 14
assist and 12 goals in the EPL in 12/13.

That's 26 g/a in 38 games.

I'd say that's significantly better than anything has produced in an Arsenal shirt. If you look beyond the stats, You'll find out that he was our most important player.

He was our 2nd highest goal scorer plus
top assister that season. He played 38 games
and was phenomenal in almost every single
one of them.

Meanwhile the last time Özil was consistent/phenomenal throughout a 38- game
league was 11/12 while in Madrid.

Last edited:

roz

Fake News Merchant
:rofl:
It's a thing with AM.

I'm not surprised.

Giroud has become world class since leaving us.

Iwobi has suddenly become top class.

The length some posters will go to just to prove a point
Tbf, im one of the ones that rates Giroud

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Santi is the better, more complete player. Pretty telling that most would take a 35 year old santi over mesut right now.
Cazorla is still balling in the best league at 35 after a career-ending injury, what is Mesut up to these days btw? Haven't heard about him since his retirement in 2018.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Cazorla is still balling in the best league at 35 after a career-ending injury, what is Mesut up to these days btw? Haven't heard about him since his retirement in 2018.
Think he works with the Arsenal foundation-just giving. Nice that we look after our players when they’ve finished their playing careers.

would genuinely take Cazorla back for next season if we dont make any CM signing

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom