• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Aston Villa vs Arsenal | Tuesday July 21 | KO: 20:15 BST | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 40 75.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Aston Villa win

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
What's the most attacking midfielders you can buy under law? Like 5 or 6, right? We should get 6, maybe even 7 and hope the authorities don't notice.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Don’t get what the problem is tbh. Beat Watford, relegate them and secure EL football.

Sign Sarr, Brooks and Benrahma for cheap once they’re stuck in the Championship and sign Ceballos and Partey.

Sell Lacazette, Guendouzi and maybe Chambers, Holding and Leno. Go big for one more player, maybe a striker and we’re top four again.

Literally don’t get the moaning on here, it’s all good.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I think economics plays a part. Success in the nineties and early 2000’s doesn’t do much for you in the 2010’s because the economy has grown so much that the money we made off of success back then is not worth much now in an age of multiple transfer fees of £70m plus. Money clubs like Chelsea and City have played a massive part but that was always going to happen, whether through them or different owners, those clubs happened to win the lottery.
There was a big change though, in the identity of the new owners. Opening up foreign ownership created a whole new pool of wealth which wasn't there before. The Halls at Newcastle and Walker at Blackburn put money into their clubs but Abramovich was the first of a new breed, totally different level of finance..

This was what disrupted Arsenal's masterplan to gain an advantage with the new stadium. And he board then failed to realise that the game was up and you needed to find shareholders who would invest money in the club. Instead they got Kronke, whose only interest was in the leverage the stadium would provide for his other "franchises".

Kav

Established Member
Don’t get what the problem is tbh. Beat Watford, relegate them and secure EL football.

Sign Sarr, Brooks and Benrahma for cheap once they’re stuck in the Championship and sign Ceballos and Partey.

Sell Lacazette, Guendouzi and maybe Chambers, Holding and Leno. Go big for one more player, maybe a striker and we’re top four again.

Literally don’t get the moaning on here, it’s all good.
It is literally not all good. LOOK AT THE TABLE, more importantly look at our performance. It was poor. However i get that this is a transition year. Patience is needed with Arteta. It does not take away from the fact that the players did not do much today.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
ceballos torreira midfield.... its literally the shortest weakest and clueless midfield possible

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It is literally not all good. LOOK AT THE TABLE, more importantly look at our performance. It was poor. However i get that this is a transition year. Patience is needed with Arteta. It does not take away from the fact that the players did not do much today.

Manager has the sauce. Just needs the players now.

GoonerJay24

You know what?

This 100% the United team before they signed Bruno.
They had nearly excactly the same problems.

Better defending, good on counters but struggled in possession.
They changed it and we have to do the same in summer.

We finished above United team of last season you dafty

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Should be important to get players that fit in 433 formation the 343 formation is so dreadful if you want to attack heavily dependable on your wingback And invidual magic.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If we win against Watford it mean we won only 14 games in league its seriously dreadful even with wenger last season we won 19 games in league. It's important to improve our away form because it's just awful specially when we go goal down.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Hopefully, our feet are back on the ground now.

A lot of work to be done, especially in the transfer market. I'm ready for this lot to go out, beat Chelsea, bring home the cup and boost their transfer value.

Keep Auba, Leno, Martinez and anyone aged 24 and under. The rest of the squad can be stripped bare and sold for parts

African Flair

Don't understand how Arteta envisioned this game. Laca, Auba and Eddie. Non can drive the play at all. If Auba actually is close to sign that thing I hope there's is a plan ahead to get him away from the wing.

The longer this game went on the more I want us to go after Grealish.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I have a question.

Can anyone explain to me why we were playing 3 CBs against a team in danger of relegation?

Another one. Has anyone realized that playing so many defenders and defensive-minded players have absolutely killed our creativity and it hasn't consistently improved our defence?

Balance is the key.

Manberg

Predator
I have a question.

Can anyone explain to me why we were playing 3 CBs against a team in danger of relegation?

Another one. Has anyone realized that playing so many defenders and defensive-minded players have absolutely killed our creativity and it hasn't consistently improved our defence?

Balance is the key.

For continuity. 3-4-3 has got us results. Used it against Norwich that got us a 4-0 win. We changed to 4-3-3 in the second half and it looked better attacking wise but we became likely to concede in open play as we went back to having gaps between defence and midfield like early in the season. Simple reason is, 3-4-3 is the only formation that suits our current players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom