• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 659,555
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Need City or Bayern to sign Sancho. Need someone not called Man United to sign Sancho.

benjamin86

Established Member
Man only 41M? There's so much value you in Ake imo. Guys only 25 yet has a ton of PL experience and is home grown I believe. Especially when you look at Maguire going for 80.

Such a shame we didn't go for him.
I mean what would be the point when Man City are interested?

Gunners1616

So many good deals to be made this summer. This is the worst window to be poor.

You've got Partey with his clause, Gabriel for cheap, Soumaré at Lille with a contract till 2022, Draxler at PSG with his contract expiring, Zaha pushing for a move, possible loan for coutinho, Malang Sarr on a free, Upamecano with an expiring contract, Koopmeiners from the dutch league, Ismaila Sarr/buendia going down,...

The list just goes on and on...

Somehow i'm scared we gonna end up extending Mustafi and signing Willan on deadline day.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I mean what would be the point when Man City are interested?
Depends on the player really. If the player is happy to go to either then it’s a bidding war.

If he likes the assurances we offer him then it’s not about selling price. We would offer him undisputed starter status.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

So many good deals to be made this summer. This is the worst window to be poor.

You've got Partey with his clause, Gabriel for cheap, Soumaré at Lille with a contract till 2022, Draxler at PSG with his contract expiring, Zaha pushing for a move, possible loan for coutinho, Malang Sarr on a free, Upamecano with an expiring contract, Koopmeiners from the dutch league, Ismaila Sarr/buendia going down,...

The list just goes on and on...

Somehow i'm scared we gonna end up extending Mustafi and signing Willan on deadline day.
Sad thing is, we’re not poor. We’re choosing to die with this self-sustaining model rather than spot a unique window and go for it.

This window is the ultimate buyers market but we’re not going to do anything about it.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's better than every other CB bar Laporte. Don't think they can rely on a 35 year old Fernandinho much longer and they know that.

In the last 3 League seasons he's played 38, 38 and 29 games per season. He's dependable.

In my opinion, for the sake of stability and having a dependable defender he starts.

It's kinda an unwritten rule that you don't have two left footed CB's tho. I can't imagine Pep starting both him and Laporte in a 4 at the back. Pep seems like someone who'd be dead against something like that.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Sad thing is, we’re not poor. We’re choosing to die with this self-sustaining model rather than spot a unique window and go for it.

This window is the ultimate buyers market but we’re not going to do anything about it.

What's funny is that us having a somewhat conservative approach is actually gonna do more harm than us taking a few risks. Because the less we do the more the others are gonna pull away so even if we are still secure financially the longer we leave it before we actually get serious the more we're gonna end up needing to do.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It's kinda an unwritten rule that you don't have two left footed CB's tho. I can't imagine Pep starting both him and Laporte in a 4 at the back. Pep seems like someone who'd be dead against something like that.

They need homegrown players badly. When Kompany left they could only replace him with a HG player which is why they spent so long haggling for Maguire last year.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

i think at the end they'll realize this won't improve us and they'll be forced to change. good thing we spent 300m last 3 windows so when we needed we'll pay the money.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Our owner/board, all scumbags mate...think of where we were when we first moved to the Emirates and where we are now.

What did we do to deserve this :(

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

What's funny is that us having a somewhat conservative approach is actually gonna do more harm than us taking a few risks. Because the less we do the more the others are gonna pull away so even if we are still secure financially the longer we leave it before we actually get serious the more we're gonna end up needing to do.
The thing is, Kroenke isn’t an idiot. Neither are Raul and co. It’s so blatantly obvious that we aren’t going to luck into the top four without serious investment.

That’s why I’d rather they put us out of our misery and tell us what the plan for the club is. If it’s a gradual 3-5 year rebuild then at least we know.

We’ve tried fixing 3-5 holes in the squad with 100M and all we’ve learnt is that it gets you midtable players. Something needs to change.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

It’s funny because Liverpool are actually the blueprint for how to wake up a sleeping giant. Similar stadium size, revenues, midtable club etc.

First you get a good manager. This one is hard to match but Arteta shows promise.

Then you start to sign players that are your managers first choice. This is the big one. The success you get is incremental but it fuels the transfers. Liverpool snuck into the top four with an attack that was built just how the manager wanted. Coutinho is an extreme example but that good play from being part of Klopp’s system earned them 120M. At the time he was sold he was averaging a goal/assist per game and that definitely contributed to the fee.

Then they went after VVD. When they couldn’t get him in summer they didn’t sign a plan B. Another big one. Plan B players = mid-table finishes. They kept their money and went back in for him in Jan.

More incremental improvement. This time they hung on in a title race and made a CL final. GK cost them the final and they replaced him, not with any GK, but with the best on the market at the time. 70M for a keeper is a lot but think about how much they earned from a CL final run. They’re probably self sustaining now.

The blueprint is literally there for the people running are club to follow. Maybe take next season as a chance to assess Arteta but for me, if he wins the FA Cup I’d start backing him from this summer.

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
Not sure Ake is such a great move particularly at that price. Pep has recurring issues with defenders which are difficult to overcome unless you are at the level of a Pique or Laporte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom