• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 662,456
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Only thing I can think of is that Laporte's injury impacted on them so heavily last season that they want someone who can step in. There could be a possibility that he may be used as a left-back, very slim I might add as Pep requires specific traits from his full-backs but I do remember him using Laporte as a LB in certain games so it might be a ploy for Ake to do that while leaving Laporte at CB.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
When city being stupid and spend 40m on guy that his team just relegated of course Villa they'll ask for 80m for Grealish. These team ruin the market because of thier unlimited budget.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Man only 41M? There's so much value you in Ake imo. Guys only 25 yet has a ton of PL experience and is home grown I believe. Especially when you look at Maguire going for 80.

Such a shame we didn't go for him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Man only 41M? There's so much value you in Ake imo. Guys only 25 yet has a ton of PL experience and is home grown I believe. Especially when you look at Maguire going for 80.

Such a shame we didn't go for him.
He good but not 41m player. City just over spend like usual because ge home grown

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

City trying to get all their business done early. Assume Ake will just be used as a backup unless I'm missing something.

He's better than every other CB bar Laporte. Don't think they can rely on a 35 year old Fernandinho much longer and they know that.

In the last 3 League seasons he's played 38, 38 and 29 games per season. He's dependable.

In my opinion, for the sake of stability and having a dependable defender he starts.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He good but not 41m player. City just over spend like usual because ge home grown
I’m not sure what a 41M player is anymore.

Would I pay 41M for a combative CB that is PL proven, not too short, not too slow and is at least average on the ball with two more big contracts left in him? I think I would you know. I think that’s what 41M gets you nowadays.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Is Ferran Torres pacy? Sterling is City’s only fast winger, I would have though he would want a Sane replacement.

Their traditional 433 with Sane and Sterling playing as natural wingers was used a lot in their 100 point season.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I’m not sure what a 41M player is anymore.

Would I pay 41M for a combative CB that is PL proven, not too short, not too slow and is at least average on the ball with two more big contracts left in him? I think I would you know. I think that’s what 41M gets you nowadays.
You sign Ake and you don’t have to worry about your CBs costing you a game out of the blue. You know that if he flops you can sell him for at least 20M and he’s left footed too.

The more I think about it the more I think that’s a good deal. Harry Maguire went for 80 ffs.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
You know what annoys me the most about this Ake transfer? It's knowing that a relegated Bournemouth will probably get better value for their money than we will. We are running around trying to swap players knowing it will in turn lower the value of that player, were even telling the whole world Guendouzi is for sale and that's pushed his value down too ffs.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

You know what annoys me the most about this Ake transfer? It's knowing that a relegated Bournemouth will probably get better value for their money than we will. We are running around trying to swap players knowing it will in turn lower the value of that player, were even telling the whole world Guendouzi is for sale and that's pushed his value down too ffs.

There's value in Ake. There's not in Mustafi. That's what it comes down to. He's young, prem-proven and genuinely a solid player.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

For a homegrown player which they desperately need he’s probably as good as you can get on the CB market especially when compared to say Lewis Dunk as an alternative.

Don’t think he’s anything special but he’s a solid player who won’t make them any worse.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

United would be scary if they had a good manager. As they do not, I'm not bothered if they sign Sancho and Grealish.
They will eventually ditch Ole. But they’ll still have Pogba, Bruno, Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and Sancho. The scary is definitely on its way. :lol:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Feel he will be a player that kicks on with better players round him & in the dominant team now. The fee seems pretty fair.

Suprised Chelsea have not moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom