• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 232,321

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
You never said signed, you said players that age aren’t given 120k a week 3 year contracts. They just extended Matic until 2023, he’s the same age and earns roughly the same. Liverpool gave 34 year old Milner a two year extension, he also earns the same amount (not quite the same length of contract but considering the age and length of contract arguably worse).

Milner is on around 100-110k a week. Less than Willian. Another thing is Milner bleeds work ethic and in pre season beats everyone at the fitness tests. He is a rare breed. He also can play basically every position in midfield along with left back and probably right back if needed. Willian is not that player.

Milner also has been praised for his leadership qualities and Klopp even said with Henderson as captain and Milner vice captain I dont even need to keep the boys in line. They do it. Milner is instrumental to that team in more ways than one.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Milner is a squad player who will be on incredibly modest wages. I would be very surprised if hes on 120-140k a week. He could be but I would be surprised. Another thing is Milner bleeds work ethic and in pre season beats everyone at the fitness tests. He is a rare breed. He also can play basically every position in midfield along with left back and probably right back if needed. Willian is not that player.

Milner also has been praised for his leadership qualities and Klopp even said with Henderson as captain and Milner vice captain I dont even need to keep the boys in line. They do it. Milner is instrumental to that team in more ways than one.

I couldn’t care less if Milner runs a marathon every morning before training with Klopp on his shoulders, that’s not what we’re talking about. The point remains that players at that age and on that wage are given long contracts. Also he was earning around £120k or £140k a week from what I can gather with a little googling, so unless he took a pay cut he’d be earning that for the next two years.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I couldn’t care less if Milner runs a marathon every morning before training with Klopp on his shoulders, that’s not what we’re talking about. The point remains that players at that age and on that wage are given long contracts. Also he was earning around £120k or £140k a week from what I can gather with a little googling, so unless he took a pay cut he’d be earning that for the next two years.

You might not care what Milner does but Liverpool contract dealers do. You dont see them throwing money around on players that arent worth it.

This stinks of Petr Cech all over again. Willian wants to stay in London. He wants 3 years but only been offered 2. He is willing to sacrifice maybe winning something with Chelsea and being part of a developing squad just for 1 more year?

That stinks of I want more guaranteed even if I join a club mid table.

That isnt the attitude that is going to get us back to the top anytime soon.

There is also no surprise that hes had one of his best seasons in a Chelsea shirt when hes in his last year of his contract. I distinctly remember another player getting a new contract and before the ink had even dried was laughing while eating his Turkish delight and thinking what level he was on in fortnite.

zilfy

****. That means we have to sign coutinho now. Gotta keep Kia happy or else very bad things happen

tcahill

You never said signed, you said players that age aren’t given 120k a week 3 year contracts. They just extended Matic until 2023, he’s the same age and earns roughly the same. Liverpool gave 34 year old Milner a two year extension, he also earns the same amount (not quite the same length of contract but considering the age and length of contract arguably worse).

There are differences between these examples and the Willian case.

1 - They are staying at the same club. The club knows the players. No questions about motivation, work ethic. The club understand the player and his role. Willian could well just be after a secure paycheck.

2. The individuals themselves. Its no secret that Willian plays better when there's a contract on the line look at any Chelsea forum.
As others have said, Milner is a physical monster, and plays a utility role that would be difficult to replace. Matic only plays once a week maximum. While you're right that some players play well in their mid 30s, the majority don't.

GunnerShy

Aubameyang, Pepe, Saka, Martinelli, Nelson.

Sorry why on earth would we want Willian.

I'll have serious misgivings if this is what we are chasing in the transfer market. It's totally at odds with what the new direction is.

I'll cop Mari, Cedric and Luiz as a mix of cheap, squad pluggers short and medium term.

But Willian on a three year contract when we have talented young wide players... No thanks, fk off.

Put the resources towards Party, Pereira, CAM, Ceballos.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Not sure who was the commentator on Sky, but it looks like someone from the inside told him that we're working on this transfer. Probably more reliable than 99% of twitter links we repost on this forum

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Arteta didn't win the FA Cup just to have Kia throw another of his bums at him. Please, Raul.
Willian is far from being a bum, we're talking about a player with an exceptional career.
The main question would be how much longer he can play at the top level and what would that contract look like. At 32, I would guess he could give us another season as an option for wide positions, or maybe playing behind the striker

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Willian is far from being a bum, we're talking about a player with an exceptional career.
The main question would be how much longer he can play at the top level and what would that contract look like. At 32, I would guess he could give us another season as an option for wide positions, or maybe playing behind the striker
Never liked Willian, even as a younger player. But fair enough, he did play for a top team for a long time.

But with the three years he's asking in his new contract, that would be a blow if we fall for that imo.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Never liked Willian, even as a younger player. But fair enough, he did play for a top team for a long time.

But with the three years he's asking in his new contract, that would be a blow if we fall for that imo.
Would probably be more like 2 + 1, but I'm not sure if we would even get 2 years out of him. He basically has nothing to play for anymore, except for the money

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Sourness thinks Willian is chelsea best player and that their mad if they dont resign him.

You would certainly have to say it's between Willian, Pullisic and Kovacic for their best player this season.

Last edited:
D

Dial Square 1886

Sourness thinks Willian is chelsea best player and that their mad if they dont resign him.

You would certainly have to day it's between Willian, Pullisic and Kovacic for their best player this season.

Yes, but then Souness talks ****e most of the time, so go figure...

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

You would certainly have to day it's between Willian, Pullisic and Kovacic for their best player this season.
Souness called Modric a 5 side player and has a weird agenda against Paul Pogba and Grealish. Souness doesn’t know ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom