• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeVinna

Established Member
The Europa League money covered Gabriel, and the Ceballos fee.

Martinez money will be spent on a replacement. Partey/Aouar money will have to come from a combination of sales of players such as Torreira and perhaps Bellerin.

I would hope we don’t spend all the Emi money on a replacement. We should be smarter than that.

Regarding Bellerin, I’d rather see Torreira, Kolasinac, Sokratis and Guendouzi out the door first. Those last three seem hard to shift, though.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
All the Europa money wouldn’t have gone on Gabriel. There’s not a chance we paid £27m up front in the current climate. There was no loan fee for Ceballos either. We probably only need to sell Torreira to be able to pay a sizeable first instalment for Aouar.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Getting both seems unlikely, but I still think we'll get 2 more midfielders though- one of these 2 and then a cheaper option.

Ie aouar and soumare
Or
Partey and buendia

So many games this season there will need to be plenty of rotation, and willock/el neny doesn't cut it
Soumaré's asking price is around about the same as Partey's ....

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Surprised nobody has snapped up Sangare, Toulouse were relegated surely his cost would be lower now, would be worth a punt for any side....

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Partey & Aouar 100M?

Sangare and Szobozslai at 40M will do.
I was also thinking of Sangare.. since it seems we’re struggling to get rid of some players and since our owner won’t invest bagels. We should probably go for Sangare and Aouar

MikeVinna

Established Member
I was also thinking of Sangare.. since it seems we’re struggling to get rid of some players and since our owner won’t invest bagels. We should probably go for Sangare and Aouar

We’ll still have to free up 2 spots for them. Sales need to happen soon.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I was under the impression that registration takes place after the window closes so as long as they leave at some point they don't have to leave first, surely it's more about bringing in funds?

You're right but at the same time we need to guarantee we can get shot of 3 of the non home grown players.

Breezy

Personally I think Szobozslai arguably has an even higher ceiling than Aouar.

TornadoTed

Established Member
You're right but at the same time we need to guarantee we can get shot of 3 of the non home grown players.

Of course it wouldn't be great having more than 17 non home grown players after the window shuts. Surely even in an absolute worst case scenario we could find a loan or 2 on deadline day even if it meant subsidising part of the wages.

I just think it's a bit of a non issue and it's far more about generating cash.

Incidentally, do people think Özil will or won't be registered? I can't see him playing any part this season, that's potentially one spot saved.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Lille reject 35M from Newcastle for Soumare so his they probably asking close to what Partey will cost us and we all know Partey is levels above.

Szobozslai already announced he not leaving.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Haven’t really been following the transfer news. What are the chances of Aouar or Partey looking like? Seems very quiet.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Lille reject 35M from Newcastle for Soumare so his they probably asking close to what Partey will cost us and we all know Partey is levels above.

Szobozslai already announced he not leaving.

They didnt reject it. He rejected Newcastle no?
30 million would be enough for him.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Haven’t really been following the transfer news. What are the chances of Aouar or Partey looking like? Seems very quiet.

Slim to be honest. Finally managed to sell one player, and it seems like we're reinvesting most of that money for a GK backup.

Players like Torreira, Guendouzi, Lacazette, Bellerin/AMN who could fetch good fees have been for sale but no bites yet. Torreira looks like the best bet but Italian teams are shameless.

So, it probably is gonna come down to whom we manage to get rid off. We made an "offer"(Juninho said there hasn't been any official bids, but confirmed that we mentioned Guendouzi) for Aouar of 35M + Guendouzi, so perhaps we can come back to him if we manage to sell Torreira.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom