• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Compare the big 6: who has had the best transfer window?

Which TWO clubs have had the best window so far?

• Total voters

TornadoTed

Established Member
Nah that's mad, can't agree with that. He's not Dani Alves, but he's been fantastic for them down that right flank. Constant threat going forward and supremely consistent. Might not be the best defender, but definitely think he's an upgrade on Aurier there for Sp**s. And he doesn't need to defend much if Jose uses him as a wingback.

Don't take my word for it. Go on a Wolves forum and you will find the majority rated Doherty and Saiss as the worst 2 players in their first XI. I have loads of respect for Doherty, he was fat, lazy and despised by the Wolves fans 5 years ago, buckled down and turned it around and became a solid mid table Premier League player. He gained the fans love and made Wolves a load of money but you won't find many fans who don't think they can do much better.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Chelsea cant really have had the best transfer window when there defence contains:

- A very poor Kepa as keeper
- mid 30s Silva
- a very declined Azpilicueta
- Cloggerwell
- Zouma there only decent defender ( although I expect James to to replace Azpilicueta.)

Last edited:

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Doherty the kinda player that looks good in highlight reel, or the random livescore check

Ashybashy86

I hope we finish the window with both Partey and Auoar. It's cheeky how S**** have a stadium to pay for and took out a government loan, but still spending a lot. I hope most of it ends up being wasted and they win nothing yet again.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
He's genuinely really good.

I think he looks very good in a three at the back situation, helped by Wolves having really good CBs and players like Dendonker, experience like Moutinho in the midfield. I am not sure about his ability in a four at the back, but surely worth a punt for a relative low fee

say yes

forum master baiter

Pretty incredible move from Sp**s. Add Reguilon to the mix and they’ve definitely had the best window after Chelsea.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Damn just read United are in for Amad Traore. With him, Stevanovic, Martial, Rashford, and Greenwood that is a ridiculous plethora of attacking talent, especially if they add Sancho next summer. Have to say, though it doesn't look like a good window for them in the short-term, Stevanovic and Traore would make two really astute signings.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Sp**s have also been working a swap deal with Inter for Skriniar/Ndombele.

Honestly this Sp**s business makes them a problem. Say what you want about Bale but he could easily fire them into the top 4 this season which is what they want.

Sp**s are taking the risk to get them back into the CL. Their front line is full of goals and they also have decent backup in Moura. Mourinho said they'll definitely sign a striker as well.

If we fail to bring in both midfielders it could be a right dog fight to get top 4.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We better get him in along with another athletic strong midfielder. Spuds and Chelsea now pretty much taken up the top 4 spots.

Sp**s? They have a manager they are stuck with as they cannot afford to sack him. He doesn't know how to build play from the back or through midfield. He isn't on good terms with Ndombele and Ali. He doesn't know how to use attacking full backs. They dont really have a right back. They lack a centre half.

Bringing in Bale does not solve all their problems and it's not like Mourinho will know how to use him. Bale isn't the same player that tore up the Premier league btw.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
We better get him in along with another athletic strong midfielder. Spuds and Chelsea now pretty much taken up the top 4 spots.

Chelseas and Sp**s keeper and defence are ****e. Sp**s cm apart from Hjobjerg is also very ****e.

akhil

Bale to Sp**s could very easily end up like Sanchez to Utd. Mourinho was in charge then as well. Bale is 31 and has had a number of injury issues.
Contracted season with them Thursday and Sunday.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Sp**s? They have a manager they are stuck with as they cannot afford to sack him. He doesn't know how to build play from the back or through midfield. He isn't on good terms with Ndombele and Ali. He doesn't know how to use attacking full backs. They dont really have a right back. They lack a centre half.

Bringing in Bale does not solve all their problems and it's not like Mourinho will know how to use him. Bale isn't the same player that tore up the Premier league btw.
Their midfield is pretty good actually. Bale can very much be revived by Mourinho. More than that though they have depth when it comes to rotating Bale but even more so there major weakness in the squad was high quality fullbacks. Their CBs are good if not great but they can rectify that in the window. They have out of nowhere gotten hold of their major weaknesses for the most part. I think a striker and maybe a CB sets them up for top 4 if Mourinho can get them to respond to him.

Chelseas and Sp**s keeper and defence are ****e. Sp**s cm apart from Hjobjerg is also very ****e.
Hjobjerg is a decent serviceable player that can play multiple roles in midfield and their defense is actually pretty strong if they either revive Ndombele or find an alternative while I get the feeling Mourinho can reinvent Ali's role. Not to mention two new quality fullbacks expands their attack, defense and midfield in numerous ways.

I agree Chelsea's defense is poor at the moment and their GK but they've strengthened their attack significantly which means their defense with Silva as a leader might not have as much pressure. But yes with Lampard things maybe not that great right away.

Bale to Sp**s could very easily end up like Sanchez to Utd. Mourinho was in charge then as well. Bale is 31 and has had a number of injury issues.
Contracted season with them Thursday and Sunday.
Yeah, Bale's more major issue is motivation and he is quite a few levels above Alexis as an individual while unlike at United Mourinho has numerous alternatives to rotate with Bale.

Anyway, maybe I'm a little panicked but I unless we get in both Aouar or Partey/alternative, we'd be in a difficult situation. If that goes over the line then I would be confident.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom