• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian: Moving back to Brazil

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Willian is an inconsistent player but you give him a pass today. Our ‘best’ attacker today was probably the guy currently getting destroyed for his miss.

Can’t judge any of your attackers when playing suffer ball.

(Suffer ball is a phrase my mate coined for what we let Liverpool do to us. :lol:)

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Can’t judge any of your attackers when playing suffer ball.

You can though. I mean they could at least offer a getaway option for the team, like keep the ball, get a freekick, etc. Give the team a breather. None of them are capable of it. No wonder we suffer as much as we do.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You can though. I mean they could at least offer a getaway option for the team, like keep the ball, get a freekick, etc. Give the team a breather. None of them are capable of it. No wonder we suffer as much as we do.
I would have liked to start Pepe as I don’t think he’s a cameo player and then maybe brought Willian on. If anything he’d win us some free kicks but that is debatable I guess.

But yeah, nothing really sticks to anyone up there.

Pop Tart

Established Member
He was in full Özil mode for their 2and goal. Needed to track back,could of made it less easy for them. He was at anonymous same as the west ham game. Think maybe one decent pass was all he could muster..

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Wasn't great today but there's still plenty of time in the season and I'm sure he'll prove valuable.......this season.

But still I just can't change my mind that getting him wasn't worth it.

We should be giving this time to trying to get something out of Pepe (who I think needs to start and needs time to get into games instead of coming in cold). And Nelson.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Why does he suddenly look old?
Because we can't play Fulham every week.

I think he should be dropped next game and Pepe needs some games quickly. Can't believe we've brought Willian to be our first choice RW instead of working with Pepe

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Not sure how you can slaughter any of the front three in a game where the midfield just couldn’t get hold of the ball. All that was left to do is make sure that you track back and Willian done that on numerous occasions. He grafted. They’ll be better opportunities to show his clear worth.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He is playing way more than I expected.

Probably because Özil is out of favour.
It stands to reason that all the attacking players are going to get more opportunities if you put one of them in the bin. I expected him to be used as a first team player because that’s how good he is, so I’m not surprised he’s playing.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It stands to reason that all the attacking players are going to get more opportunities if you put one of them in the bin. I expected him to be used as a first team player because that’s how good he is, so I’m not surprised he’s playing.
I was thinking more of a rotation guy with Pepe as the main dog.

He's been put front row center.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I was thinking more of a rotation guy with Pepe as the main dog.

He's been put front row center.
I didn’t think Pepe was going to be the main guy because I doubted Mikel trusts him yet. We needed a more reliable, experienced player to raise the overall level of the team over a stretch and that’s why I thought Willian made perfect sense. Pepe’s style of play suits the sub role of the two better at the moment, so until he starts showing more game sense, that’s where he’ll stay.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I didn’t think Pepe was going to be the main guy because I doubted Mikel trusts him yet. We needed a more reliable, experienced player to raise the overall level of the team over a stretch and that’s why I thought Willian made perfect sense. Pepe’s style of play suits the sub role of the two better at the moment, so until he starts showing more game sense, that’s where he’ll stay.
I don't know what more Pepe can do. He was the most creative player we had last season (apart from you-know-who).

Even if you saw Willian as a first team player, I wouldn't expect him to start against Liverpool on the wing over Pepe.

You could put Willlian in the #10 and drop Laca. Play Saka on the left and Pepe on the right or whatever. What is he expected to do against Robertson/TAA? He cannot out-run them.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Without a doubt, but definitely not at the expense of Pepe. I was always expecting him to play behind the striker and that we would move to 4 at the back with Pepe on the right. That idea looked great to me and it's fair to say this is a disappointment now.
I understand some people will not rate Pepe and some will not rate Willian, but it's more of a formation and setup issue than a specific player being in or out.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom