• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rafael van der Vaart

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Re: Van der Vaart

kamikaze80 said:
he solves our CF problem how? another guy who doesnt really penetrate off the ball. not at all what we need.
Don't worry, an N'Zogbia link is surely up next.

Zico

Established Member

If Arsenal have been in touch with Madrid, it's for Ruud or Gago or Diarra. Those guys are more closely aligned to our needs. vd Vaart would not add points.

Anzac

Established Member

Unless he's a replacement for Rosicky & Diaby????

VDV in the hole ahead of Cesc???

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!

Van der Vaart is a goalscoring attacking midfielder. So I think he can play as a 2nd striker aswell.

MDGoonah41

Established Member

90% chance he signs in January.

And I bet its for less than 8M.

Good piece of business, especially when we lose Nasri to injury

Anzac

Established Member

If we ARE to be ruthless then IMO if VDV were to come then we'd see the last of the likes of Rosicky/Diaby/Eboue and possibly more than one or two.

dbig

How good is he now? Saw that he's had 13 appearances for Real Madrid so far this season, but not sure how many minutes he's played in total.

Hard to see him coming here unless we're offloading someone in summer. Still, his goal scoring record as a midfielder in Bundesliga is pretty amazing - 0.6 goals per game.

Anzac

Established Member

Didn't have a good game for Real last weekend v Valencia & was subbed off in the 2nd half for Raul from memory.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Re:

Mark said:
I think he might well go to Man U, he'd be a good Giggs replacement in a few years. I hope I'm wrong though the kid is excellent.

Amazingly, Giggs is still playing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom