• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Chelsea | 06/04/04

Mark

Established Member
Henry is the best example of how the talent is there but how the attitude is questiobale. When this guy is at the top of his game like the performance in Milan and countless others he is up there with the best in the world but the way he has disappeared in recent games is not good enough for teams trying to win trophies. This is what got us last season and it could well get us this season.

kanooo

I'm really gutted !!!

Will not be posting many after this one.

Henry wasted about 2 chances in the first half.

We really did not do anything notable since the score was levelled to 1:1.

I have no idea why Wenger took off Henry? Although Reyes starting is justified (by his goal), I still think Bergkamp should have had a spot in the starting line up as well.

And alarmingly, we looked really really tired. I have no idea how we are going to get through Liverpool and Newcastle games.

Point to ponder : Is our squad really really thin to compete in several competitions???

Consolation : At least we have Real Madrid for company to get knocked out !!!

Gunner Ossie

Ime actually suprised that some of are suprised we lost tonight.

It was blatantly obvious that arsenal have been in meltdown since the draw with man u and chelsea have been gaining in confidence.

I actualy think we will screw up the league as well because right now were not playing with any confidence, which seems to have dissapeared and this is inviting other teams to have a real go at us.

I actaully dont think our form has anything to do with our defending as such. I think its down to our strikers poor finishing and our midfielders who are being out hussled and who look knackered.

This was clearly shown by the amount of long balls we have started to play in both of the last 2 games.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Adam said:
Lehmann's parry from Lampard wouldn't have happened had the crowd drove the players on at the start of the second half. That is when they took the ascendancy.

yes its when they took ascendency, the key moment in the game. no it wasnt the fault of the fans. there is no way lehman can be defended in this, he cost us, big

Stim

That's it now season over, the one thing they wanted to win is now gone, so if they cant even try to get through this then what the **** are they gonna think when it comes to the Premiership?

For a start - Thierry Henry. Where the **** was he? Best player in the world? No chance, 3 games in a row, doesnt even ****in turn up in one of them. Damn right he was taken off, ****in ****e. Three good chances in the first half wasted by him. **** this messing about just put it in the ****ing net.

Crossing - whats the point in crossing when nobody is gonna head it anyway? If we're gonna cross get on the training pitch and get all the strikers to learn how to head the ball in.

As soon as they scored the first goal it was like watching Saturday all over again. Pathetic. All the work over the whole season, wasted now probably.

How are we gonna recover now? Firstly we need some fight, who cares if we are tired or not, we need people who fight all the time. Did the Chelsea players look tired today? They played almost the same team at the weekend aswell. Tired doesnt cut it now, no excuse at all.

Also i've backed Jens all the way, but i hope to god that the rumour about Frey is true because now he's done my head in to all i can take now.

Wenger needs to give Henry, Pires, etc a good arse kicking because they are the non performers in the team that has let us down these past few games.

We NEED to win the league now, it is not an option to lose it.

Jasper

As soon as the barrage kept coming during the 80th minute we should have stormed the field!

Yes fans, we have no one to blame but ourselves.

We could have stopped the game and saved Lehmann!

DOls

USArsenal said:
and yes, Monaco is thru.... OMG, i cant believe friggin FRENCH team gets to the Semi's by beating REAL MADRID, and we cant even beat Chelsea

We have already beat Chelsea 3 times !!!

What's the matter with you people!?
We need a huge group huddle and hope for more silverware next
season.
We should praize our outstanding, fantastic, record-breaking team
and tell them we love them, because they have achieved so much this season.
Have you all forgotten other fruitless seasons?
Those who have doubts about our great qualities will never be satisfied anyway.

Come on, WE ARE the best team in Premiership and not only points-wise.

I loved the first half performance, we dominated them coplately,
yet we couldn't prove it with goals.

Let's not forget that our Gunners are just people like us.

Hopefully we won't get down enough to squadner our lead in the League.

Come on Arsenal!!!

laolu

DOls said:
USArsenal said:
and yes, Monaco is thru.... OMG, i cant believe friggin FRENCH team gets to the Semi's by beating REAL MADRID, and we cant even beat Chelsea

We have already beat Chelsea 3 times !!!

What's the matter with you people!?
We need a huge group huddle and hope for more silverware next
season.
We should praize our outstanding, fantastic, record-breaking team
and tell them we love them, because they have achieved so much this season.
Have you all forgotten other fruitless seasons?
Those who have doubts about our great qualities will never be satisfied anyway.

Come on, WE ARE the best team in Premiership and not only points-wise.

I loved the first half performance, we dominated them coplately,
yet we couldn't prove it with goals.

Let's not forget that our Gunners are just people like us.

Hopefully we won't get down enough to squadner our lead in the League.

Come on Arsenal!!!

bullshit

Fuzzo

Hands up to Chelsea they deserve it.

Im worried that this bunch of Mercenaries seem to have a stronger desire than our accustomed Arsenal team.

Shocking.. Absolutely shocking, I have to question Wengers decision to bring off Thierry, that gave Chelsea a massive psychological boost.

Ljungberg was average, Pires looked tired, Henry looked under-par. How can we expect to win anything when we cant depend on our big players to carry us through.

Last time I was this gutted was the exit to Valencia in Quarter-Final.. same old story..

All I can take out of this is the hope that Arsenal are enabled to concentrate totally on the league, although, with Chelseas confidence on a high nobody can tell.

COME ON ARSENAL, PICK YOUR LAZY ARSES UP AND DO SOMETHING.

Adam

Established Member
We start too well in games and in tournaments - we have to prove we can carry it through before it comes a psychological issue. Dammit.

Another year, and another learning curve of the same issues. This year the squad's spirit and mentality cannot be questioned, but their fatigue. I think they would have had the mentality and belief had they had the physical ability to win the match - basically, they knew they were knackered and Chelsea took the ascendancy and had the belief. Chelsea are not a better side than us as we have proved countless times this season - it is the conditions that have brought us to this loss (fixtures, and the lack of luck in going for a treble). The only thing is the naivety in giving all our effort in the first half, in disregard to the second. Our physical condition needed preserving for the more important time of the match - and it may be the same in the Championship.

A

Anonymous

we choked

i see us losing agianst pool & castle now

sell henry, ****ing useless

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson
Top Bottom