• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savaloisav

mood said:
Ashley would've left the club already. He's just being honest in his book, you cant blame him for that... that's what he thinks, but he's still a Arsenal fan and that's why he's still at the club and I believe he will remain too.

Let Cole feel whatever he wants to feel. He needs us more than we need him. That's why he's still at the club as well.

I tottally agree with the last sentence of your comment. But i think him being an Arsenal fan doesnt play a massive part in his decision. If so, he wouldnt have gone to speak to chelsea in the first place. If an offer was made and he was given permission to speak to them i dont think the majority...or ALL arsenal fans would have been as disgusted as they are.

End of the day we shouldnt have players who dont want to play for us. Hes laying his path out for his exit, well thas what i think anyway. No player is bigger than the club, and we dont need him. I just hopes he goes Real Madrid and wins **** all.

Savaloisav

mood said:
Ashley would've left the club already. He's just being honest in his book, you cant blame him for that... that's what he thinks, but he's still a Arsenal fan and that's why he's still at the club and I believe he will remain too.

Let Cole feel whatever he wants to feel. He needs us more than we need him. That's why he's still at the club as well.

I tottally agree with the last sentence of your comment. But i think him being an Arsenal fan doesnt play a massive part in his decision. If so, he wouldnt have gone to speak to chelsea in the first place. If an offer was made and he was given permission to speak to them i dont think the majority...or ALL arsenal fans would have been as disgusted as they are.

End of the day we shouldnt have players who dont want to play for us. Hes laying his path out for his exit, well thas what i think anyway. No player is bigger than the club, and we dont need him. I just hopes he goes Real Madrid and wins **** all.

Viper

Established Member
What a ****ing idiot. He clearly wants to get out of the club, and he will clearly leave.

I'd be amazed if we sold him to Chelsea as I highly doubt Wenger is stupid enough to sell him to our league rivals. I hope he ****s off to Real Madrid, the ungrateful little ****.

The English mentality is great, isn't it? Its just money, money, money. FFS.

Travelling Gooner

So "loyal" is to go talking to our biggest rivals, because you can't get paid an obscene amount of money rather than a slightly less obscene amount of money.

Buy a dictionary Ashley, even Arsenal's meagre wages should afford you that.

I hope he goes abroad, 20million for a left back is a great sale. Failing that, we play Chelsea and Thierry makes an absolute fool of him.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
At the end of the day, he's shot himself in the foot by allowing The S*n exclusive access to his book. I've met him a few times and he honestly is quite a shy person, so I'm as surprised as anyone about this.

The fact that the book has been somewhat critical of Arsenal has hurt the fans, and understandably so. But when the book refers to Arsenal, we take it to mean the whole family - the club, fans, players and manager.

He should have singled out the individual people involved (Dein, board representatives etc..) and I do not for second believe that he has a proble with Arsène, the players or the fans, but this could have landed him in deep trouble with the law.

I can defend the guy no more other than say that none of us truly know what went on behind the scenes. As much as I'd like to believe that Dein was an angel in all of this, I suspect otherwise. The book also probably criticises Chelsea in equal measure, but those quotes alone wouldn't be as sensational as the ones criticising Arsenal.

His book may now fly off the shelves, but is that worth sacrificing a relationship between himself and those who once idolised him?

Travelling Gooner

Good points Poppa. It really is a shame that it's come to this, but I think that unless the book is radically different from the excerpts, there is no way that he can stay at Arsenal.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
if i am wenger and wanted revenge. i would purposely not sell him and play him in reserves to let him rot. urh no. should not even play him at all and let him be borgarde. but for money's sake, i would sell him to madrid. i hope we do not sell him to chelsea or barca for them to bolster their already strong squad.

now who are we left with. only clichy in our squad is a real left back. but he is too inexperienced and is weak defensively. maybe we can give him half a season of games to train him up till cole's standard.

and who can we buy? zambrotta? lahm?. previously we are linked with salcido but he is snapped up by psv.

junialum

Cole has performed well as a football player but not as a professional.

If he shows extreme distaste for the club. He should and must go.

Is this a way for him to make his way to Chelsea? Is this Chelsea's plan for Cole to dig a mountain out of a mole hill so that Arsenal would want to sell him?

If anyone has bought his book find out what he says and put in here.

If that guy tells the truth then the Arsenal board should be guilty.

If not, sell him and sue him.

The_Insider

Dont worry ash know's who his friends are and Wenger and Dien at ones.

He's been treated like a dog , i feel for the lad.

Didnt know wenger or dien had this in them.

Ziontrain

Ginger_Reyes said:
Its a shame because he's the best LB in the world and we will be weaker because of his exit. And if chelsea get him they will be laughing at us all the way to the title. I don't care what anyone says about Clichy he's not up to the standard yet, and although Flam had a good run he ain't there yet and he's not a natural LB either.

Actually the moral of our strong late run last season was the the "Star" players are not what make a "stellar defense".

For all Ashley's flash and dash, the truth is that Flamini was a far better defensive player - which is scary - and that is why we locked people out.

In attack Ashley gets up and down the field but hey he can't dribble anybody so he cannot turn the corner of oppising full backs. His crossing is okay not super, nor does he score or assist on the level of Roberto Carlos and Maldini regularly in their heydey. So what is he but flash and dash? Where is the substance? Roberto Carlos is 32 and IMO he plays no worse defense than Ashley today - and produces far more offensively. So what makes Cole "the best left back in the world"? Hype? Good looks? 3rd rate "celebrity" wife? Oh ok.

Flamini did the job on defense and his runs focus on making space to free the left midde to do his thing. Plus Flamini was far more diligent in getting back into defensive position after his lung bursting runs - which left us less vulnerable to counter-attacks.

I guess what I am saying is that if you want a "star" left back you should assess on the players productivity and whether he actually makes the TEAM better, as opposed to drawing camera attention because he wears white boots! ;-0

And if Clichy is looking to make his break into the team, he'd do himself a lof of good to emulate Flamini's approach to the position, rather than Cole's. if you're a full back the foundation of your case is water tight defense. The offensive stuff is an extra. Defense is what we need from full backs, if we want to be in Chmapions League Final every year.

BreakAway

From the sun...
anyways,tbh,Clichy is not so good as Cole.Cole has been an Arsenal player for a long time(one of the longest).He's suitable for Arsenal.if we can try to keep him in our team,we must.Unless we sign a new left back(at least as good as him)

wengerboy

Established Member
well his having a go at guy at the top not at club but its his fault for talking with chelski, his in the wrong, arsenal were just doing the right thing.

Lukazan

Established Member
****. Absolute ****.

Throw him at whichever club offers the most ridiculous money. The man is a disgrace, I just can't believe how he blames Arsenal for his big **** up.

Arsenalguru

I don't think Cole had time to make any comment during the past few days. He would be so busy with the wedding.

If any interview or promotional material of his book was made, it should be sometimes ago and the media should know that for quite sometimes.

The Sun just made a sweet revenge on Cole on his wedding day.

Imagine what everyone is thinking in the Wedding after seeing newspaper in the morning?

;)

James

Established Member
I've never really criticised him through all this, but i regret not doing so now. I felt a great urge to at the time, but i wish i was one of those on the stands booing the little judas now. It's time to **** off Cashley.

When will he realise no player is bigger than the club.

Let Madrid have him for £15m+ and get either Italian full back Zambrotta or Grosso in.

Number8

I don't see how the wedding matters one bit. Its got absolutely nothing to do with football. Its just his anti-arsenal behaviour that pisses me off. He has to realize that the David Dein isn't the club. We're the ones that make the club and he seems to be taking it out on us. Thats what annoys me. He's a sneaky money grabbin fool. Its quite evident from his cheesy interviews with these girly magazines. Hope he finds peace somewhere else and we get someone who really wants to wear the Arsenal shirt to fill his place.

famous no 10

Established Member
The_Insider said:
Dont worry ash know's who his friends are and Wenger and Dien at ones.

He's been treated like a dog , i feel for the lad.

Didnt know wenger or dien had this in them.

You're having a laugh right?

Treated like a dog? The little c**t went behind our back talking to chelski, and is still trying to make us look the bad guys.

Feel for the lad? Yeah , ok...on f**k knows how much money a week, wants even more and shagging cheryl Tweedy, terrible life for the poor boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom