• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
It must be close cos Wenger could barely contain his big ass grin.

I remember seeing that same expression when Walcott was due to be announced.

I love Pascal Cygan.

Just thought I'd add that I don't have a link - it's just something I've read somewhere else.

If it turns out to be wrong then so be it but I figured others would be interested and the source is reliable and credible.

stuart

Established Member
the only disadvantage of cole out gallas in is that eventually we are going to need a certain ammouint of home grown players but i would rather have gallas as he can basically play anywhere in defence plus we could do with some more experience!

arsefanfan

Likewise. Worn out by the transfer rumors two weeks ago!
How I wish someone else, say Milan or Real, could take Cole, if he has to go!

MancunianGunner

if cole does end up staying i wouldn't be suprised to hear he broke his leg in a freak accident on the 1st of sept. meaning he would be out for the rest of the season. but if he does end up going to chelski then i do hope he does break his leg in a freak accident on the 1st of sept.

Feis-al

MancunianGunner said:
if cole does end up staying i wouldn't be suprised to hear he broke his leg in a freak accident on the 1st of sept. meaning he would be out for the rest of the season. but if he does end up going to chelski then i do hope he does break his leg in a freak accident on the 1st of sept.

Common mate, You can't wish for somehthing like that and actually you don't need to, Reason, I can't remember someone who left Arsenal controversially and went on being things, NO One.

qs

Established Member
Feis-al said:
MancunianGunner said:

Common mate, You can't wish for somehthing like that and actually you don't need to, Reason, I can't remember someone who left Arsenal controversially and went on being things, NO One.

Why cant he wish for that? Id sure as hell be happy.

Anyway if we get Gallas the summers waiting will have been worth it.

Gallas and Rosicky added to the team of last season (which didnt really feature Cole and gained little from Sol or Bobbys presence) and we're looking very strong for second place.

kooldawg

Established Member
Lets face it, Gallas is probably not going to take a pay cut, he's already rejected a 70 thousand contract and probably wants something in the range of 80-100 thousand. No way we can afford that, so we can effectively count him out.

As for cashley, this damn thing is taking to loong, i'd take 20 mil for him if chelski were offering that much.

AGooner

YuenBiaoFan said:
It must be close cos Wenger could barely contain his big ass grin.

I remember seeing that same expression when Walcott was due to be announced.

I just saw the interview on the bbc website. It's good to see the gaffer smile, yeh hopefully he must have something in the pipeline.

Legend#1

Established Member
kooldawg said:
Lets face it, Gallas is probably not going to take a pay cut, he's already rejected a 70 thousand contract and probably wants something in the range of 80-100 thousand. No way we can afford that, so we can effectively count him out.

As for cashley, this damn thing is taking to loong, i'd take 20 mil for him if chelski were offering that much.

It's because he didn't want to stay at Chelsea.

I'm sure we'll offer him around £60-70k a week, Cashley is going and is on £70k a week.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
kooldawg said:

It has little to do with wages IMO. I think Gallas is a man of principles and he's sticking by them. He has obviously made his mind up regarding Chelsea, either because of the position he plays there or the fact that they are pure ****s..either way, he's made his decision and there's nothing they can do to change that.

Ratinho

Established Member
Gallas isn't on the kind of wages Terry, Lampard, etc are on btw.

He wants out of Chelsea, that's why he's turned down their £70k/week offers.

And yeah, die Cole. :)

Dignan

gangess said:
There is no way Gallas will take a paycut if he is coming. The guy is as greedy as cole.

IF he wants to play for us, I'd think he'd be fine with wages that reflect his value to the club. I.e., he'd compare his wages to the other Arsenal players', no to the ****s' he's leaving behind at Chelski.

I actually think players are rarely greedy as much as they are egotistical. At this level the players have more money than they can spend anyway, so wages become more an estimate of status and value. At £50.000/week at Arsenal you're one of the clubs most valued stars. At the same wage at Chelsea you're about on par with the cleaning lady.

Feis-al

gangess said:
There is no way Gallas will take a paycut if he is coming. The guy is as greedy as cole.

Wrong again, This guy has been paid 35G's for his time at Chelsea and all he asked was a little respect but what did they do, Up the ante and continue underlooking him yet without him, Terry Carvalho are all weaklings. Now Cole is the definition of greed and to those wishing Cole to break a leg, There's no point kicking a dying horse mate, Talent without attitude = Anelka, Pennant and soon we might have Cole

AGooner

Gallas is a bit of an enigma, normally players want to leave the Chavs because they are not playing whereas Gallas plays regularly, maybe sometimes out of position, but he's still a regular.

He's undoubtedly a good player for the Chavs, the fans like him but for a board where money is not an issue, they don't want to pay him the same (or nearly the same) as Terry. I think his contract negociations have been handled badly, and now he wants to leave no matter what.

Can we afford his wage demands? if it's 70-80K then probably yes as we have got Sol off the wage bill and Co$tley Ca$hley is (hopefully I can son say was) on around that.

I am more inclined to think that Milan is Gallas's more likely destination, but if they wanted him why didn't they insist on it as part of the Shevchenko deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom