• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

All Time Managers

Who is the greatest modern day manager? I have excluded Herbie Chapman, as his pre war record will s

• Bertie Mee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terry Neil

• George Graham

• Stewart Houston

• Arsène Wenger

• Total voters

Spartan

Arsène wenger for me...taken us to a next level i never thought i'd see at Arsenal 8)

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Wenger. No question.

And to be fair to him, I honestly think that in 50 years time when people look back at this era, they'll agree he was every bit as important in the history of our great club as Mr Chapman.

Btw - who can name me 4 other Arsenal managers since Bertie Mee?

Alexone234

Georgie Graham was an exceptional manager, who gave us a great team, but Wenger has changed our ambitions to being a truely world beating club.

vin de guerre

Arsène wins hands down. I do feel sorry for Bertie Mee who made a great team out of a pile 1960's tripe. Wenger defenately added a new dimension of professionalism throughout the club and not just on the pitch. :!:

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
vin - much as I think Mee deserves praise, to say he built a team out of tripe is rather unfair on the players already at the club when he took over. All it needed was a couple of signings and the influx of youngsters that were already coming through to turn it into a double winning team.

vin de guerre

ExiledInNewcastle said:
vin - much as I think Mee deserves praise, to say he built a team out of tripe is rather unfair on the players already at the club when he took over. All it needed was a couple of signings and the influx of youngsters that were already coming through to turn it into a double winning team.
accepted although what i was comparing with was the general low quality shown through out the sixties.
I would presume the only trully competitor to Arsène is Chapman!

Superdudes

Arsène makes the other club manager looks bad.. lets see.. since Arsène came in, we have not been to 3rd place.. i repeat.. not ever 3rd before.. in a league where they's the devils, the supposedly great liverpool, the magpies and also chelski.. chelski has made a major revolution to its squad thus far and i reckon that they might posed a threat to a 2 horse race.. its interesting though to see man u and chelski fight it out for 2nd placing..

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
vin de guerre said:
ExiledInNewcastle said:
accepted although what i was comparing with was the general low quality shown through out the sixties.
I would presume the only trully competitor to Arsène is Chapman!

True - but it's strange to think that excepting Graham and McNab, virtually every player that won the double was at the club already.

thegame24

Established Member
WENGER!!!!!!!!

he won the double with inherited players, and he won the double with his own players.

he also made my dream come true which was to see arsenal win the league. i never ever thought we could win it until 1997

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady
Top Bottom