• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

outlaw_member

Established Member
I thought the spot was designated for Nasri but Wenger has barely even played him in central midfield this season. Maybe it's down to a lack of options in the forward positions but having spent a large portion of last season testing Nasri in the position, it is counter productive to play him as a wide forward now. Especially, when he isn't executing the role of the wide forward properly. Against Hull he was the RW, yet he was in the middle of the park within 5 minutes of the game. Is it any wonder that Sagna or Eboue get so much of the ball down the right flank?

Ramsey does seem to have the skillset to act as the 3rd midfielder and Diaby and Denilson only need to improve in certain areas to also be viable options. However, is it really worth spending time waiting for these guys to develop at the expense of the team, now that we have a significant amount of money to spend and no time to waste? The more games we stutter in due to a lack of quality, the more I think that we should just sell D&D and buy a proper first team player.

Lord Dula

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Lord Dula said:
xbox one n it plugs inta the controller - how can you hear me?
Through the TV. I just turn down the commentary, crowd noise etc. Too a fairly low level.

reading between the lines, you're saying I'd be a top replacement for gray n tayles on sky and i'm the new russ brand?

why thanks rick :)

ricky1985

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
I thought the spot was designated for Nasri but Wenger has barely even played him in central midfield this season. Maybe it's down to a lack of options in the forward positions but having spent a large portion of last season testing Nasri in the position, it is counter productive to play him as a wide forward now. Especially, when he isn't executing the role of the wide forward properly. Against Hull he was the RW, yet he was in the middle of the park within 5 minutes of the game. Is it any wonder that Sagna or Eboue get so much of the ball down the right flank?

Ramsey does seem to have the skillset to act as the 3rd midfielder and Diaby and Denilson only need to improve in certain areas to also be viable options. However, is it really worth spending time waiting for these guys to develop at the expense of the team, now that we have a significant amount of money to spend and no time to waste? The more games we stutter in due to a lack of quality, the more I think that we should just sell D&D and buy a proper first team player.
I thought Nasri would slot in nicely there too. However, now the season's underway and you can physically see how the team is fucntioning, I now don't think it will work. In an ideal perfect world I reckon we need a Essien-clone to make our team work. Someone with real physical power, an aggressive, determined attitude, but able to pass and move intelligently and incisivly - in other words a near impossibility.
The only way I could see a Song-Fabregas-Nasri axis working in our midfield is if Nasri being there resulted in us dominating more games and having a lot, lot more possession than we've had so far this season. Our forwards would also have to be pretty special. If we have 50-55% of the ball like we have for most of this season, then that midfield wouldn't be capabale of adequately protecting the back four. Similar to Barcelona, when they get outplayed in midfield there is usually only one outcome; they lose! Fortunately for them that doesn't happen very often.

The bolded part I'd agree to in a heart beat, and I'm not saying they're really poor players. i just don't think they will ever develop into the players that Wenger is convinced they will, and they'd fetch a pretty penny too.

fabo

6.51 / 10
ricky1985 said:
.....And if the answer is to go out and get someone, we all know what we need in that position, but who offers it and is available?

I'd still be in favour of an aggressive, mobile midfielder. But unlike the summer, I don't think a big name is absolutely essential. I'd be more siding towards a relatively cheap option to give us more opportunities to rotate throughout the season, but someone who wouldn't command a starting place from the off.

My worry is the lack of successful combinations of 3 from our batch of midfielders(by successful i mean giving the team balance defensively and offensively). There's a severe lack of balance in the defensive positions.

I'd be in favour of signing someone like Reo-Coker or Parker tbh, though Cana would have been perfect. Fact that wenger was interested in Melo tells me he isn't in the market for this type of player though - when in reality Melo is basically a taller version of denilson and capable of the odd forward run.

dbig

Oh Lord Arsène up at Arsenal's hallowed halls, please hear this prayer from your most faithful and humble of servants:

Please bless us with a defender strong and tall,
Send us a midfielder who shields the back four like a wall,
Grant us a forward who strikes fear through all,
And a 'keeper who flaps not at the ball.

ricky1985

Established Member
Lord Dula said:
ricky1985 said:
Lord Dula said:
xbox one n it plugs inta the controller - how can you hear me?
Through the TV. I just turn down the commentary, crowd noise etc. Too a fairly low level.

reading between the lines, you're saying I'd be a top replacement for gray n tayles on sky and i'm the new russ brand?

why thanks rick :)
I was thinking Pleat and Tyldsley on ITV, and the new Alan Carr.

Anzac

Established Member
dbig said:
Oh Lord Arsène up at Arsenal's hallowed halls, please hear this prayer from your most faithful and humble of servants:

Please bless us with a defender strong and tall,
Send us a midfielder who shields the back four like a wall,
Grant us a forward who strikes fear through all,
And a 'keeper who flaps not at the ball.

Amen.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
He has been converted into a more attacking midfielder, and its working well for him and the team

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Angel Di Maria. Man U have made an offer of 8m euros (according to the rags).

We were almost signing him according to his and the Wikipedia (touched by the hand of a Gooner) website ... like the Reyes thing.

He is as good as Reyes at LM ... problem? ... that he is the same with cold weather.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Melo available again? <a class="postlink" href="http://goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/12/23/1705175/arsenal-back-for-juventus-midfielder-felipe-melo-report" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/1 ... elo-report</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Since he was voted worse player of 2009 ... LOL. Maybe he is ready for a cheeky, cheapie?

"Brazil coach Carlos Dunga claimed Juve "were ruining the player's career", as he voiced his World Cup concerns."

Has he still got it? He must have. Take him on a loan with an option. You can't go wrong with that. Then sign Villa, a goalie and away we go.

I can't believe Villa is still there.

Zico

Established Member
Why would Juve give up on an excellent player 6 months after buying him for €25 million. It just does not add up. They would sooner get rid of that Ferrera chap to help revive the team as a whole.

Would love Melo here. He could sit back, and allow Song to move around a little more.

Zico

Established Member
Either / or. I think in the Brazil team, Gilberto is expected to sit back more and Melo has a little more leeway to attack as you point out.

Floating

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1238057/Tottenham-Hotspur-Arsenal-alert-15m-rated-Goran-Pandev-wins-battle-leave-Lazio-nothing.html?ITO=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490</a>

Goran Pandev for free anyone?

ricky1985

Established Member
Chamakh or Dzeko, given the choice what way would you go?

I haven't seen that much of Dzeko, but I've seen enough of him to know what he's all about, whilst I think he is comfortably the better goalscorer of the two, Chamakh, in my opinion, would be a better fit for the team. His link play is absolutely top class, and he's a very cultured and technical footballer, capable of playing wide too, such is his range of abilities.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom