• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
I Wish the sale of:

-Almunia (might get a couple million for him)
-Silvestre (let him go, period)
-Traore (not that i mind him at the club, but he would probably fetch a few million that we could use on other players)
-Denilson (as strange as it sounds, i bet we could get 5 million for him)
-Merida (again, dont mind him here, but surplus and not likely to stay anyway - and his contract is up)

I also wish the purchase of:

-new keeper (who will be available? no idea.. wouldnt mind Frey, Akinfeev, etc)

-new CB (also, not sure who is available)

-new DM (as a backup or rotation with Song)

other than that, I am liking Diaby's progression this season more than any other season.. being given the B2B midfielder role has seen him blossom a bit (cant believe im saying that).. Ramsey's ceiling is quite high.. Rozza just signed a new deal, Nasri it quality, just needs to impose more..

eh, im rambling

dutchMasta

In (order of priority):
Lloris/Frey (don't know, any good GK)
Subotic/Garay (don't know, any promising CB with some experience)
Flamini (replace Denilson)
Chamakh (replace Eduardo)
Krasic (need to improve the right side)

Out (order of priority):
Senderos (clearly doesn't want to stay)
Almunia (****)
Denilson (****)
Campbell (contract over)
Traore (surplus)
Eduardo (surplus)
Silvestre (don't mind if he stays as 5th choice CB/3rd choice LB)

--------------------LLoris-------------------
Sagna-------Gallas--Vermaelen--Clichy
-----Fabregas---Song--------Flamini---
------Krasic----van Persie--Arshavin----
Bench: Szczęsny, Subotic/Djourou, Eboue/Gibbs, Ramsey/Diaby, Nasri/Rosicky, Chamakh/Vela, Bendtner/Walcott

Hmm, this squad could cause quite a few players to be unhappy. We'll always have injuries anyway, so best to prepare. Could definitely compete on all 4 fronts. Diaby should get a lot of game time, he's stepped up nicely. Chamakh looks quality so should be up there, but needs to prove himself of course. Bendtner earlier this season was very impressive, could be in the running. Ramsey and Gibbs have shown good signs too. Nasri and Rosicky don't seem to have adjusted fully to the new formation, but both will be useful I'm sure. Vela and Walcott, especially the latter, have work to do.

Anyway, most of this is based on youtube or what others have said, so not 100% sure, but was confident about Hleb and Arshavin based on their youtube vids and they turned out great! (I know many will disagree about the former)

Zico

Established Member
I wish the disposal of Almunia, Walcott, Vela, Denilson.

I wish the extension of Gallas' contract.

I wish the acquisition of a central midfielder who runs 12km a game and grabs his opponents by the balls to intimidate them once in a while, as Vinnie Jones was known to.

I wish for a striker who can be counted on to score. He does not necessarily need to be a Hulk (sic), but he should be able to score with head, left foot, right foot, chest, knee.. the works. If he can whack it in with his member, even better.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
May I know why Vela and Walcott?

And you seem to be missing a central defender backup

Anzac

Established Member
Talk in f365 that we were after Sorensen on the last day, and that we were also after 2 more loan players including a CF, one of which was with a view to buy.

Bossa

Established Member
Ibrahim Affelay, 23 years-old and captain of PSV. Best midfielder in the Eredivisie. He's similar to Denilson but better in every aspect. He doesnt want to extend his contract so we may get him for a decent price.

Lespin

Bossa said:
Ibrahim Affelay, 23 years-old and captain of PSV. Best midfielder in the Eredivisie. He's similar to Denilson but better in every aspect. He doesnt want to extend his contract so we may get him for a decent price.
I was thinking the exact same thing when i was watching the PSV-ADO summary last night. He was more of an attacking MF a couple of years ago but it seems like he has evolved into more of an all round MF. I definitely would pick him over Denilson.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
We have been linked with Afellay over the last few years, so it wouldn't be that big a surprise if Wenger finally signed him.

I hope this summer Wenger ditches Almunia, Denilson, Walcott and Eduardo. I wouldn't oppose to us selling Sagna if someone offered £10m+ for him.

We need a striker (Chamakh), a top class goalkeeper and I can see us going for Azplicueta.

Floating

Established Member
Chamakh and Frey will do nicely, thanks.

Sell Almunia, release Silvestre, and then add some various youngsters: Lukaku, Azpilicueta, Savic, etc.

AxlGunners

TOPG said:
Joe Hart, Kjaer, Flamini and Chamakh

Too much though..........
These were the exact players I was thinking. Throw in Lukaku too. If he's really as good as people make him out to be, we should not miss this opportunity because its really now or never. Providing he isn't over the top expensive we should look to sign him (a figure of 8m or less is fine by me). Sell Walcott to finance this move, he's had his time and shown he's another English flop. Could probably still fetch a decent 6-8m. Alongside selling Denilson (5-6m) and Almunia (3m) with Silvestre and Senderos gone- everything starts to look a bit rosier. Give Campbell a contract extension too- he's looked good for a 4th/5th choice centre-back option and he isn't a dirty manc.

IN:
Hart
Kjaer
Flamini
Chamakh
Lukaku (if 8m or less)

OUT:
Walcott
Denilson
Almunia
Silvestre
Senderos
Vela (loan deal)
Wilshere (loan deal)

Providing the board gave Wenger 20m to spend at least this summer, we should be able to secure those signings with the selling of above mentioned players.

------------Hart------------

Sagna---Gallas---TV---Clichy

------Flamini------Song-----

----------Fabregas----------

---Chamakh----------Arshavin

------------RVP-------------

Subs:

Fabianksi
Kjaer
Diaby
Ramsey
Bendtner
Nasri
Eboue

Rosicky, Eduardo, Campbell, Djourou, Lukaku, Gibbs, Eastmond, Szczesny, Traore

Should provide ample back-up for the first team. Treble here we come!!

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
AxlGunners said:
Providing the board gave Wenger 20m to spend at least this summer, we should be able to secure those signings with the selling of above mentioned players.
one would think we would have plenty of $ to spend in the summer.. logically, if Wenger had 30m to spend in January, we have to have additional monies to spend in the summer, so realistically, we could have upwards of 50m to purchase players..

i, too, would not mind Kjaer playing here.. he has really come on this year at Palermo and is a tall, strong defender.. Chamakh is also likely is reports are to be believed (though he would be free, or we would pay a pittance to Bordeaux for him, as a gesture of good relations).. Hart is unlikely to come, but we agree that we need a new keeper (still would like Frey or Akinfeev as well) and a CM is a priority, but Flamini is highly unlikely..

having said that, we need to secure as many signings BEFORE the World Cup.. Afterward, the prices for players rise significantly (typically) especially if they have a decent tournament.. not going to matter in Chamakh's case, but a player like Kjaer could see his price double after the WC (if he plays half-decent)..

AxlGunners

As soon as I read your comment about players prices doubling after the world cup, I felt a twinge of pain in my stomach as I could hear Wenger saying "It is difficult to sign players in the World Cup off season because when somebody has a good tournament their price skyrockets. I'm looking to bring a player or two here, but only at the right price"

He's mentioned the world cup thing before hasn't he? :(

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
yes, he has.. and not just this year either.. invariably, its true.. if someone has a great WC, their prices go way up.. (actually, if they participate in the WC, their prices tend to go up)

Lord Dula

Established Member
Early deals is what's needed.

Tie up Chamakh asap
Sniff out a top quality keeper - lloris would be great
Get another experienced central midfielder and a proper pacey wide man who can dribble

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
A central defender is a must too. Gallas is going to be 33 in August. I hope Wenger goes all out for someone like Subotic or Cahill.

Timleaf

Established Member
Lord Dula said:
i fear we need to much to happen for Arsène to resolve in one tranny winda

I think it depends on the quality of player brought in. We saw how Arshavin transformed our attack when he came last season.

2 world class players, in the right positions, could be the difference between us being also-rans and dominant in my opinion.

Floating

Established Member
Exactly. A GK is a must. The addition of someone like Frey, Neuer, or Lloris alone could reshape the entire defense, and help immensely.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
We need four changes to the squad but we will likely make the changes with two signings and a rash of departures.

I think Silvestre and Campbell are gone. Gallas might leave depending on the contract situation. We will need one Central defender at the very least. Ideally, we would go into the season with Vermaelen, Gallas, Djourou (a player I still have very high hopes for), A new central defender and a youngster (Nordveit?).

We would all like a new keeper signed. Knowing Arsène, the best we'll get is Almunia ****ing off and Fabianski taking over. I just dont see him signing a new no. 1. I would love to see it happen but Arsène rarely does things that way.

We could get Chamakh for free. I think Arsène will bend over backwards to make this happen.

I'd like another central midfielder. I've lost almost all faith in Denilson. Wenger will probably stick with him in the squad but ideally, I'd like to see him go and a better, older player come in to vie with Diaby for the spot beside Fabregas.

It'll be interesting to see what Arsène does. I have a feeling we're going to have a much more interesting summer than we're used to but every summer since 2001 points to the same old tight fistedness from the boss.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom