• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

qs

Established Member
Loan with a view to buy? Thread should be re-opened, no point closing threads just cos Wenger says we don't want a striker.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
qs said:
Loan with a view to buy? Thread should be re-opened, no point closing threads just cause Wenger says we don't want a striker.

Im glad someone else finally said this too. Its like we're doing something illegal in this forum talking about transfers that may never happen. Oh, Wenger doesn't come flat out and admit he wants to buy player X? Close the thread!!

asajoseph

Established Member
The standard rule is that transfer threads should be closed when a player either signs a new contract, or signs for someone else, or, alternatively, at the discretion of a moderator when it just gets a bit silly.

dave_rwr

Established Member
Well, it sounds like he was pretty badly injured today, so I think the chances of us signing Remy as a short-term loan option are officially 0%.

Illusion

Established Member
dave_rwr said:
Well, it sounds like he was pretty badly injured today, so I think the chances of us signing Remy as a short-term loan option are officially 0%.

Some might say that would increase the likelihood of us signing him on a long term deal though ;)

Goonereagle

Old boring ground I know, but, if Flam is available to be loaned out and we don't go for him it's frickin' madness.

Could you picture Flam joggin' back like Denilson today when Rooney scored? He'd have killed himself to stop that. I could see Verm lovin' havin' Flam infront of him too.

So angry because we won't sign anyone, now. It's kind of too late to sign someone now in terms of savin' the league aswell.

AxlGunners

Ideally- Denilson out. Flamini in.

A midfield trio of Song, Flamini and Fabregas has a much better balance and workrate and a second DM would hopefully trade off for our sometimes gung-ho mentality. Ramsey, Diaby and Nasri is a nice little back-up trio too. You'd then still have Eastmond etc as well.

Silvestre out- young CB in.

Don't really care who, preferably with some PL experience but anybody is an upstep really.

Right winger. Tired of seeing Walcott doing ****, Nasri ineffective and Rosicky not being able to keep a string of games up. We need a proper winger, someone with crossing ability and willing to make runs behind the fullbacks. This is where we should be looking to spend big bucks imo. Sell Walcott if we must to fund it- i've given up hope on him anyhow. We'd then still have Bendtner, Eduardo, Rosicky, Vela as back-up.

Floating

Established Member
Axl, I completely agree. A trio of Flamini, Subotic, and Krasic would be awesome. But you're forgetting a GK!

AxlGunners

floating said:
Axl, I completely agree. A trio of Flamini, Subotic, and Krasic would be awesome. But you're forgetting a GK!
As much as I do agree with concensus on here that Almunia is just a stop-gap and getting a new GK in would be ideal I do not see it as imperative. We know we don't have a lot of money and I believe strengthening these three positions whilst booting out some others is more important than replacing Almunia. He's a decent shot-stopper and admittedly has had an average season but more importantly right now is getting a better balanced side, and someone who can really fire in a lethal cross.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
AxlGunners said:
As much as I do agree with concensus on here that Almunia is just a stop-gap and getting a new GK in would be ideal I do not see it as imperative. We know we don't have a lot of money and I believe strengthening these three positions whilst booting out some others is more important than replacing Almunia. He's a decent shot-stopper and admittedly has had an average season but more importantly right now is getting a better balanced side, and someone who can really fire in a lethal cross.
agree that we need to strengthen other positions, but a keeper is one of the most important positions. look at the teams that win things, they have great 'keeping.. (or at least GOOD keeping).. we have average at best keeping... if we arent going to let one of the younger keepers play, then we need to get someone considerably better than Almunia... good/great keeping can get you an extra 3-5 points per season, and we need all the points we can get..

a better keeper most likely makes the save on the first goal yesterday, and the game stays 0-0, and gives us a chance to win.. i see a better keeper as a top priority..

on, and you mention "someone who can fire in a lethal cross:... for what? we dont play that way, and we have no one in the box for crosses anyway..

AxlGunners

As proven time and time again teams allow freely to play down the flanks because they know we're not designed to play that way. We need to, imo, counteract this belief with actually developing some sort of second option. Look at the amount of crosses Sagna and Clichy put in there yesterday, it's just such a waste. Someone with a better delivery would give teams something to think about before pushing us out wide. Obviously I'd hope to have a fit RVP or Bendtner on the pitch to at least give us some height in the box too.

This might actually give teams something to think about before they decide to crowd us out through the middle. I can think of many times this season that Walcott et al have gotten behind the full back and delivered the worst cross known to man.

qs

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
qs said:
Loan with a view to buy? Thread should be re-opened, no point closing threads just cause Wenger says we don't want a striker.

Im glad someone else finally said this too. Its like we're doing something illegal in this forum talking about transfers that may never happen. Oh, Wenger doesn't come flat out and admit he wants to buy player X? Close the thread!!

Yeah unless he signs for someone else or Wenger outright states he doesn't want him by name it shouldn't be closed IMO. In the case of them signing a new contract at their own club I think then a level of discretion should be used by mods. If he signs with a view to stay lock but if its one of those sign with a get out clause ones then it should probably be left open.

Honestly if we were to lock every thread that was mostly bullshit we wouldn't have a transfer section on the site. Let us have our fun.

Floating

Established Member
In:
Chamakh - £0
Subotic/Garay - £8m
Frey - £14m

Out:
Silvestre - Released
Senderos - Released
Almunia - £3m

Next year's XI:

- - - - - - - - - - Frey - - - - - - - - - -
Sagna - Gallas - Vermaelen - Clichy
- - - - - - - - - - Song - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - Fabregas - Diaby - - - - - - -
Chamakh - - - - - - - - - - Arshavin
- - - - - - - - van Persie - - - - - - - -

Bench: Fabianski, Subotic/Garay/Djourou, Eboue, Ramsey, Nasri, Bendtner, Eduardo

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
As soon as we can only loan players now:-

In now - Gago or Reo Coker (loan) with a view to buy

In the summer - A quality commanding goal keeper - Lloris, Neuer, Adler, Buffon (15M+)

Young CB - Subotic, Sakho to take over from Gallas in 2011/2012 season.

Out:-

Silvestre and Sol (replaced by Djourou and new CB)

Almunia - **** (whatever fee would can get for him)

Denilson - around 5M, sure we can find some good moments from his time here and make a youtube complation to make him look good!

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Judging by how he's looked so far, I'd love for us to tie up Campbell for another year. Not sure he's happy with being a backup player though but if he is it's fine with me. Would help to easen the transition too. Campbell in and Silvestre out would be excellent squad depth business. All we'd need in that case is another player to replace Gallas with if he up and leaves. We would have Vermaelen, New Player, Campbell, Djourou and Bartley in that case (and Sagna and Song who both can substitute if needed to).

ricky1985

Established Member
I thnik with how fit Campbell has looked, as long as he continues to work as hard off the pitch as he currently is, he's a virtual shoe-in for a new contract.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom