• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

1.st time in Arsenal history without British-born player

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabret00the

Established Member
i agree, as i said in a thread not long ago, Sp**s got 3 for a combined fee of 12.5 million, something like that is worth a splash especially when it's players of the calibre of Carrick, Defoe and Dawson, i hope we do put the effort into signing a bit more home grown talent.

Asterix

Established Member
We won 5-1. I don't care where the players come from. Until FIFA or whoever it is actually introduces and enforces the minimum quota for local players Arsène's only mandate is to assemble a squad good enough to consistently challenge for and win trophies.

_scorpion_

Established Member
pv_ice said:
more British-born player needed, i don't like british team without british-born player.. at least Man Utd got Rio, Rooney, G.Neville, A.Smith N Chelsea got Lampard, Terry, Bridge..
c'mone Arsenal.. more England player needed.. london club..

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idN ... 2&idSez=12

less ****** in this forum needed.....

How old are you? 4?

WE WON 5-1 you door stopper!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone lock this up before i loose it....

Asterix

Established Member
Calm down Scorpion - you can see the other side of this debate - it's the English Premier League and it's going to be a talking point when a club fields a squad entriely devoid of English players. It's understandable there will be a loss of identity for some people, just as it's understandable that you and I don't care so long as Arsenal are winning.

IndoGunnerz

Asterix said:
Calm down Scorpion - you can see the other side of this debate - it's the English Premier League and it's going to be a talking point when a club fields a squad entriely devoid of English players. It's understandable there will be a loss of identity for some people, just as it's understandable that you and I don't care so long as Arsenal are winning.

Bolton did it earlier this season, I dont remember its been brought up at all in any media :roll: (except in the match report, one day after the game, and never again)

Canuck

Established Member
It's not like we play every match with 100% non-british players. It just worked out coincidentally. Of course Wenger is going to field his strongest team available. Why should he include a Brit if he doesn't have to. Besides it won't seem like very long before UEFA have their new rules in place, and then you'll have all the naturalized players you want...

Aussie

Established Member
_scorpion_ said:
pv_ice said:
more British-born player needed, i don't like british team without british-born player.. at least Man Utd got Rio, Rooney, G.Neville, A.Smith N Chelsea got Lampard, Terry, Bridge..

How old are you? 4?

No auctually i wouldnt be surprised if you were the four year old. Its a issue and one that people will have different views on.

We are a English club and if we cant at least put one English player on the pitch its a bit dissapointing.

Chicago

what makes a team english? where it's located? or who plays for it? With all of the European competition going on, I don't think that the nationality of players should matter at all, and honestly I find it makes the game more interesting when foreign players are allowed to play

_scorpion_

Established Member
Aussie said:
_scorpion_ said:
pv_ice said:

How old are you? 4?

No auctually i wouldnt be surprised if you were the four year old. Its a issue and one that people will have different views on.

We are a English club and if we cant at least put one English player on the pitch its a bit dissapointing.

So Wenger planned this all along?

He planned not to have 1 Englishmen in the team?

In case you havent noticed, the Englishmen at our club are either the best in the country and possibly in the world - Cole , Campbell. The ones that dont make it, dont make it for a reason. the ones that do, well we have seen the results.

To come out and say Wenger has some sort of conspiracy against English talent is stupid.....its 4 year old stuff and if you think it AW owes you an explanation for it I say keep waiting for it..........

Asterix

Established Member
Yes, and if you're waiting for AW to apologise for Jack the Ripper keep waiting for that too...

I think you're drawing a bit of a long bow and reading too much into some poeple's comments there scorpion

Aussie

Established Member
_scorpion_ said:
Aussie said:
_scorpion_ said:
pv_ice said:

How old are you? 4?

In case you havent noticed, the Englishmen at our club are either the best in the country and possibly in the world - Cole , Campbell. The ones that dont make it, dont make it for a reason. the ones that do, well we have seen the results.

To come out and say Wenger has some sort of conspiracy against English talent is stupid.....its 4 year old stuff and if you think it AW owes you an explanation for it I say keep waiting for it..........

Mate i didnt even mention anything about Wenger. So i dont know where you pulled that theory from.

I simply said it was dissapointing that we did have a English player in the team and squad tonight for the FIRST time in our History.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Aussie said:
_scorpion_ said:
Aussie said:
_scorpion_ said:
pv_ice said:

How old are you? 4?

Mate i didnt even mention anything about Wenger. So i dont know where you pulled that theory from.

I simply said it was dissapointing that we did have a English player in the team and squad tonight for the FIRST time in our History.

tell me something....if Cole and Campbell had played and we lost 2 -1 tonight.....would you feel less disapoointed? .........

i cannot understand the disapointment you feel so ill leave it at that. Personally 5-1 was a fantastic result for a team that was looking for confidence before the CL.

Arsenal316

I could hardly care less if there isn't one English born player in the team. If we were fully healthy, we would have had two in the starting XI. So people crying conspiracy against the English players on Wenger's part should just go get a life and move on.

A

Anonymous

Not a cause for nationality at all to be honest. I couldn't care what nationality, color, race or religion our players who played were out there. THough all this topic highlights is the lack of homegrown talent coming through our ranks recently. Cole being the exception ofcourse. We won 5-1 though, so who cares about who was out there. :lol:

_scorpion_

Established Member
coolcool2 said:
Not a cause for nationality at all to be honest. I couldn't care what nationality, color, race or religion our players who played were out there. THough all this topic highlights is the lack of homegrown talent coming through our ranks recently. Cole being the exception ofcourse. We won 5-1 though, so who cares about who was out there. :lol:

Now you dont care? shouldnt it be 4-1 for you? ...surely Reyes goals dont count for you because his heart wasnt in it?

Arsenal316

scorpion, don't start winding up other posters. I don't care if that was your intention with that post, but that's what you're doing. Cut it out.

A

Anonymous

_scorpion_ said:
coolcool2 said:

Now you dont care? shouldnt it be 4-1 for you? ...surely Reyes goals dont count for you because his heart wasnt in it?

make a good point there actually. Didn't realise that myself until you pointed it out. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom