• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

#10 Jersey

thegame24

Established Member
So far i cant see bentley taking the number 10 NO WAY.

i reckon leave it alone or maybe pires can take it when hes older.

It also depends on who we sign, if we get totti or ronaldinho they can have 10 since they are quality.

patrick42uk

Established Member
i'd be surprised if bentley got it. i think when bergkamp retires that number will be unused till we get an ashburton grove funded superstar playmaker.

Dennis will be here next year, after that it should just be left like #2 and #6 have till a suitable player can take it.

Bentley ain't ever gonna make it for us, he might end up doing a job in the 1st division but i'd be amazed if in 5 yrs time if he's sill with us

Aliadieire has a chance, so in a couple of years he could take the step up

P.S
kNiteMare said:
I don't think traditionally #10 is for a striker.
:? Not sure I can agree with that

Mark

Established Member
I don't like retiring shirts. I'm sure we will have another legend who can wear these great shirts one day. Kolo is certainly looking like a decent candidate to get no.6 and I think Bentley has the potential to be a future no.10. He just needs more games.

AFCG7

Established Member
Henry should be offered the number 10.. if he doesnt want it then nobody else should get it.. that number 10 has to be earned!

Soler

Established Member
It's Up For Grabs Now said:
P.S
kNiteMare said:
I don't think traditionally #10 is for a striker.
:? Not sure I can agree with that

The #10 isn't the striker's number, it's the supporting strikers number. #2 and #3 are the fullback's numbers (usually), #5 and #6 are the centre half's, #4-#7-#8 and #11 are the midfielders and #9 is the poaching strikers number. #1 is the keeper, of course.

But most of that goes out of the window once you hit U15 level.

Nickkj21

Reyes should get No. 10, thats his number and all, and he only has 9 till the end-of-season. Ali should get 9.

Also Reyes is No. 10 for Spain so he has to get it. Plus he is the best out of Ali, him and Bently.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why would Bently want the 7 jersey. He's not a Beckham type of player is he? Always thought of him as the natural successor to Dennis Bergkamp.

Xanshin

Bergkamp's doing another year hopefully...after that, give it to Aliadiere or Bentley, depending on who plays best next season.

kNiteMare

i dont like the idea of giving #10 to a striker, more preferably to a creator/forward/attacking midfielder, call me old fashion, traditional, whatever, just the way i like it.

Though i would doubt Bentley would fit it anytime soon. Still Bergy will stay for another year so he should have it. I think tit deserves it though he makes 14 a legend his own now. Maybe Arsenal will buy a bergkamp like player soonish before bentley will be ready and take the #10. But in the meantime it is best to not give it away prematurally after bergkamp retires. Kinda like #6 now.

beaney

leongsh said:
I foresee Kolo Toure and Phillipe Senderos (if he lives up to the phenomenal promise expected of him) getting the #5 and #6 jersey numbers respectively.

Kolo may have the number 5, but im sure you will remember that the number 6 has been retired...........

satan_beckham

actually it really doesnt matter who gets what number,most important thing is that they perform...well jeffers get 9 which is the top striker number but he did not really perform..

kNiteMare

#6 has not been retired. If a shirt has to be retired everytime a great player comes along, in 10 years time we will have to retire 4, 14, and maybe a couple of others.

Isragooner

Well bentley is using the #7 jersey in the U-19 england squad,and he picked the #37 jersey in arsenal,and i think he tries to be that off the pitch stylish football player....(like becks...)
you know henry was #6 in juventus...well in italy you can say that the wingers are more like full-backs anyway.

Bader

:angel NO WAY IN THE HELL HENRY WEAR 10 ... SO ME I :angel
:mrgreen: it`s better to keep the #10 away ... as Argntenia and MARADONA ...

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom