• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

10 reasons why Henry should/shouldn't leave the GUNNERS

mistaz23

SHOULD (In no particular order)

1) To play alongside Samuel Eto'o and his gifted pal Ronaldinho
2) Barca is the best team in the world and his game would fit in perfectly
3) La Liga is the best league in the world
4) There is alot more space and time for him to perform his magic in la liga
5) He would make alot more cash wage wise as well as endorsements
6) The weather is a million times better in Barca than in London
7) It would be great for his career resume. Monaco-Juve-Arsenal-Barca
8 He would have a better chance at winning the Champions League
9) Better chance at winning World And European Player of the year awards
10) He would be recognized by all and not only arsenal fans as the best

SHOULDN'T

1) He should stay loyal to the man who made him into what he is today
2) He can continue to gun for glory with an exciting and highly talented young side with a bright future
3) He is already adapted to the premiership and knows his opposition well
4) He is settled in at London and has a British wife and kid
5) He is clearly the best player we have and is the captain while that might not be the case at Barcelona
6) He still hasnt won the champions league with us
7) Every arsenal fan will cry if he does leave :cry:
8 He knows the English language well. Spanish is hard to learn.
9) He would gain more respect if he stayed even though he would gain more fans if he left
10) he would be able to play at the new stadium

What are your reasons why he should or shouldnt stay???

kanooo

Should

If he continues to play without commitment (IMO, he's not giving his best and seems not focused nowadays - like a certain player at Juventus before he left us).

Shouldn't

I would be devastated. We would find it extremely hard to find a replacement.

kamikaze80

Established Member
its funny, reading that list, it doesnt seem like theres much holding him back. when you consider that the 3 teammates he was closest with will not be at emirates (vieira, pires, bergkamp), the only things keeping him here are wenger, his family and the prospect of being the first captain at emirates. one can only hope thats enough.

A

Anonymous

Agreed - when laid out there are more reasons to leave than stay.

Lets hope that we sign Torres and with Reyes they become the next lethal and legendary arsenal strike partnership. :D

geoffreye2

kanooo said:
Should

If he continues to play without commitment (IMO, he's not giving his best and seems not focused nowadays - like a certain player at Juventus before he left us).

Shouldn't

I would be devastated. We would find it extremely hard to find a replacement.

I think in his own way he is directly irreplacable but we will find other strikers, just not like henry

Biggus

Established Member
charliespeed said:
Agreed - when laid out there are more reasons to leave than stay.

Lets hope that we sign Torres and with Reyes they become the next lethal and legendary arsenal strike partnership. :D

Yeah we'll see how they sweep Spain to world cup victory.....Good grief :roll:

Gurgen

Established Member
mistaz23 said:

First of all Ronaldinho is not his pal, and who'd want to play alongside that **** Eto'o? :lol:

Number 2 and 3 are blatant lies.

Henry doesn't need a resume, he is Henry, therefore #7 is also nonsense.

gun4glory

mistaz23 said:

SHOULDN'T

2) He can continue to gun for glory [HEY, NOT FAIR]with an exciting and highly talented young side with a bright future

5) He is clearly the best player we have and is the captain while that might not be the case at Barcelona
9) He would gain more respect if he stayed even though he would gain more fans if he left

I only agree with the ones in bold... heres why/why not...

Best team in the world yes, fit him perfectly no... Barca play a 4-3-3 which would see Henry take messi's lpace on the right and we all know he is best on the left... Hate to say it but i think he fit best at Juve...

No it's not... the EPL is (now), howver the EPL is going down while the La Liga is on its way up...

Why would he care about a resume... everyone already knows how great he is... and his loyalty and excellence at arsenal will out-shine going to all these great clubs

SHOULDN'T

Sorry, thats not a good reason, Henry isn't Wengers *****, Henry deserves to leave if he wants and i don't think Wenger will stop him... they have too much respect for eachother... and Wenger has been paid back... 192+... speaks for itself...
Playing with Ronnie, Eto'o, Deco, and Xavi can only make him better and he can be the best player, it'll be tough though with Ronnie around... Captian is another story though... but look even Ronnie (Worlds best player twice +European player) isn't captain...

Uri

Here he is the biggest star in the history of Arsenal, and one of the most respected players in the history of the english league.
There he will be Ronaldinho's best friend at best.

BreakAway

mistaz23 said:
quintessence
no matter how excellent he is,no matter how gifted he is,no matter how hardworking he is,Wenger made him into what he is today

Feis-al

Believe me guys, If Henry gave his best on the pitch and still decided to leave, I doubt many here would complain but going by his rescent 4-5 games, He is just worsening that yu would think he has been practising Headers because he has actually been winning balls in the air but very deep. When Paddy played the d-dearling with us after the Madrid rumours, he started playing crap. Henry seems to be following that trend and when a player doesn't show his all, Even his own fans develop some doubt. Otherwise, I think he should follow his heart because
1- The team has that complex of thinking without Henry, they can't win
2- If he doubts the clubs ambitions & his let him go

But down me, My opinion is biased and I think he should stay with us.

ccc

mistaz23 said:

no, with the perfect duo etoo and ronaldinho, he will be benched more and more. I don't understand why laporta wanted TT when he had a 5 year younger prolific striker.

maybe better than arsenal (just a little), but far from the "best"
nope, la liga is at the same level as premier league, both have 4 positon for champions league. the coefficient of la liga may be higher than that of premiership, but it drift every year, EPL gained more points than la liga last season.
true, but he got almost the same space in EPL
arsenl is not as wealthy as barca, but is able to afford top wage for TT only.
do you think weather could be a key factor for professional footballer?
make sense, but still light weighted
chance is something hard to explain. in many cases, 1% turned into 100% and 99% ended in nothing. what owen did and liverpool acheived last season gave a good sample. barca has been one of the hottest team in UCL for years, has they even won it once in past 10 seasons?
untrue. he will be shadowed by ronaldinho and etoo for ever even if barca won UCL champion. he would have much less chance of winning FIFA player
he has been already famous enough to be known by the most non-gooners.

SHOULDN'T

he didn't owe to Arsène. all he owed has been repaid by the goals scored for arsenal. nowaday, loyalty is appreciated and encouraged, but not required.
2) He can continue to gun for glory with an exciting and highly talented young side with a bright future
actually true, as we have so many intellegent young player with long term commitment. I'm pretty sure they will thrive in 3-5 years.
I see this the major factor that he should stay.
also light weight part, as he is frenchman
I don't think he cares captaincy a lot.
it doesn't matter with which team he won UCL champion.
should he care about fans' reaction if he decided to leave? unless he receives life threathen from fans.

language wouldn't be a big issue he should consider. he is more gifted at language than Reyes, I believe.
true. he would be a legend in club history if he stays here till retirement or he would be just a regular good player in gooners' view and I don't see he will receive the same respect at barca as here.
not sure if he takes this seriously, but light weight also.

conclusion: the most important event that will make him stay is professional reason.

tbbosa

Henry has given his all during his time at Arsenal. He will be doing us a favour if he stays. He does not owe the club anything. The club needs to strengthen for sure, whether Henry stays or not. But I pray that he stays. Whatever happens we will move on. and if Henry were to leave, AW will not go beyond 2008, he will too leave, am certain!

Wenger14

Established Member
You're either a very pessimistic Arsenal Fan that loves Barca or just a Barca fan trying to wind us up.

How exaclty is Barcelona the best team in the world? And where on earth did you get the "La Liga is the best league" phrase from? It's just pure opinion and far from the truth.

Pal Ronaldinho? What are you on? I'd like to think his current team mates are more of his mates than his so called "PAL" who he bumps into at the occassional glamour event, and has had to settle for second best even when he's been the best for a fair few years now. (now that's opinion closer to the truth than yours).

Why on earth would he want to play with Eto'o? Clash in positions, style and more or less ego. There's no room for them both in one team, and as much as people think Ronnie, Eto'o and Henry together will work out, I refuse to see the reasons as to why it will.

On paper people may cum at that combination, but Ronnie and Henry on the same team, both vying for personal glory and being the player play needs to revolve around? Not going to work out.

Why does a player like Henry need a resume? ffs Arsenal is as big a club as Barcelona and wasn't it only season before last when we were hailed as the greatest team in Europe?

And as for your last point, aren't we the 3rd most popular team in the world right now? Behind Manure and Real? So using those figures I fail to see how more people would recognise him at Barca than at Arsenal, when it's quite clear Arsenal are a more famous and more popular outfit than Barcelona is right now.

Well, there's my Arsenal Biased opinion of your points, enjoy.

ccc

Allyboy said:
The word on the street is that he wants to stay in London.....

does it mean he will move to stamford bridge?

tbbosa said:
Henry has given his all during his time at Arsenal. He will be doing us a favour if he stays. He does not owe the club anything. The club needs to strengthen for sure, whether Henry stays or not. But I pray that he stays. Whatever happens we will move on. and if Henry were to leave, AW will not go beyond 2008, he will too leave, am certain!

it's no way arsense's decision would be influenced by TT. he signed all those youngster till around 2010, why should he leave when they are going to blossom?

daniel

ccc said:
does it mean he will move to stamford bridge?

F*ck NO!!! I don't think he would go to Chelsea. I belive he has enough respect to Arsenal, Wengere and us fans not to do that!

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I really dont get it when people claim that 'we made henry'. I suppose that means that we were also responsible for him being the club's all time record goalscorer ? IMO henry was always such an extraordinarily gifted athelete who was pretty much going to make a name for himself in football sooner or later. All wenger did was give him that chance, which just so happened to be at arsenal. The guy looked like such an average footballer when he first arrived here and if it werent for the unbelievable amount of work and commitment he obviously put into developing his game then he wouldnt be anywhere near the thierry henry you know today.

If anything, it's us that should be thanking him, and not the other way round.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright
Top Bottom