• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

10 reasons why Henry should/shouldn't leave the GUNNERS

kel varnsen

Established Member
5 months ago i was sure he'd stay. now, i think he'll leave. this team is collapsing and i sincerely doubt wenger will strengthen the team in january. we'll be lucky to finish in the top 4 and, frankly, henry is too good for us now.

Rocafella

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
5 months ago i was sure he'd stay. now, i think he'll leave. this team is collapsing and i sincerely doubt wenger will strengthen the team in january. we'll be lucky to finish in the top 4 and, frankly, henry is too good for us now.

Of course we're having a poor league campaign at the moment but that doesn't mean that Henry's become too good for us all of a sudden.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Rocafella said:
kel varnsen said:

Of course we're having a poor league campaign at the moment but that doesn't mean that Henry's become too good for us all of a sudden.

at the moment? we've been utter sh*te all season, minus one match(home to fulham). the season has been a complete and utter disaster and i really can't see us turning things around. too many crap players and an apathetic. manager...

Mckenna

Fulham was an accident anyway, I was there and it was only a Cygan double that won the game, and how often do you proclaim that??? In all, yes he has become too big for the club, and the problem is that he knows it, however much he loves us, he is far more astute than Wenger in that he has noticed the problems, and is beginning to distance himself from a sinking ship (all talk of possible revivial aside, if we finish in our current position at the end of the season, we're screwed royally). If he was confident about staying, he would've already stayed, and since he refused to sign the contract during his injury, we've gotten worse than better, with three losses on the bounce and our sinking down the league.

There are now more reasons for him to leave than there are for him to stay, no doubt. Aside from loyalty and family, there is little motive to stay. While Barca offer a great excitement and stylistic play which may remind him of a certain Invincible team from not so long ago... Also, I think that La Liga is a better league than the Premiership at the moment, my reasoning being that the Premiership is being wrecked because it's no longer a competition.

You can say what you like, but Chelsea's money will be the end of the Premiership, simply because they can outbid anyone, and in the end, screw Terry and Mourinho, it's the money that's delivered their success. Whereas in La Liga, there are more teams in with a shout, and it is more competitive. Chelsea are a machine, they never tire, they never concede, today excepted, and are scoring more freely now. Once they sign a good striker (world class i mean) they'll be away and the race for second place will become the only attraction for the Premiership.

Anyways, back onto topic, I see him leaving, and Wenger is the reason. Wenger has failed to strengthen the team. Henry repeatedly asked for support up front to take the burden off him (I don't count RvP yet, he's not proven over a long period and he's only replaced Bergkamp really) and Wenger has ignored him. And then he sold the captain, and didn't buy anyone to replace him, and that's put more, not less, pressure on Henry to deliver. And then he made him captain, a man who isn't a leader, who doesn't neccessarily step up to be counted and doesn't maintain optimism in the face of adversity, a man who prefers the occasional strop and moan.

So, no pressure Thierry! I sincerely think this is all Wenger's fault. The team needed reinforcement, but he's been blind to it, and it's going to culminate at the end of the season when we don't finish fourth, when we lose Theirry to Barca, and when we move to the new stadium in more trouble because revenues will fall.

mistaz23

Mckenna said:
Also, I think that La Liga is a better league than the Premiership at the moment, my reasoning being that the Premiership is being wrecked because it's no longer a competition.

You can say what you like, but Chelsea's money will be the end of the Premiership, simply because they can outbid anyone, and in the end, screw Terry and Mourinho, it's the money that's delivered their success. Whereas in La Liga, there are more teams in with a shout, and it is more competitive. Chelsea are a machine, they never tire, they never concede, today excepted, and are scoring more freely now. Once they sign a good striker (world class i mean) they'll be away and the race for second place will become the only attraction for the Premiership.

Great point Mckenna

asajoseph

Established Member
I believe Liverpool are very close to breaking Chelsea's record for consecutive clean-sheets. Which demonstrates one thing to me - it's not Chelsea's rise that has made the premiership uncompetitive. It's the simultaneous capitulation of particularly Arsenal, and to an extent Manchester Utd.

With an intelligent approach to the transfer market over the last 3 years, I don't think we'd be so far behind Chelsea now. In fact, I think we'd be legitimately competing with them, rather than being out of the title race completely by December.

kel varnsen

Established Member
asajoseph said:
With an intelligent approach to the transfer market over the last 3 years, I don't think we'd be so far behind Chelsea now. .

wenger and an 'intelligent approach' to the transfer market? hardly likely...

Rocafella

Established Member
Asajoseph even in our "invincibles" season we weren't as consistent as Chelsea are now and picking up the amount of points as they are even though we were amazing that season so I doubt that we would be competing with them, not without the having the same style of play that they have anyway.

Fin_Gooner

tbbosa said:
and if Henry were to leave, AW will not go beyond 2008, he will too leave, am certain!

Arsène has started to build a basis for a new Arsenal and brought in a lot of youngsters of his own liking... it would be kind of a ***** thing to do to leave in middle of all that.

Fin_Gooner

tbbosa said:
and if Henry were to leave, AW will not go beyond 2008, he will too leave, am certain!

Arsène has started to build a basis for a new Arsenal and brought in a lot of youngsters of his own liking... it would be kind of a ***** thing to do to leave in middle of all that.

Rocafella

Established Member
No it's not, he's making sure that when he does leave the club is in stable hands and he doesn't leave it in the **** heap.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom