• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

2 weak and 2 young

kevin earley

it is gonna cost us at the end of the season that our so called second team is just to weak or to young, it is fine to bring in 1 or2 young players in at a time but to bring in5 or 6 and some of the not so good members of the sqaud is just madness. now we have another unwanted hard game to play and we have got to bring out the big guns, we need the fa cup so why mess around with the team?

goonerkads

ffs, this so called too weak and too young 2nd team out played Man city at home in the Carling cup. And also beat Everton 3-1 in the same competiton. Both Everton and Man city played their fullest strength sides, and had serious aspirations to do well in the competion yet our "weak" team played them off the park, in both occasions. Yesterday was unfortunate, we played with 10- men for 60 minutes yet managed to still achieve 57% possession against a dirty, hard working team, yet we still managed to score first and were extremely unlucky with the penalty, in the final few minutes.

kevin earley

i,m not saying that thay ar ALL **** but you say thay did well in the carling cup. so why ant thay in the final next week? we ar a club that wins things and with all the experimenting and faith wenger keeps showing in players who clearly arnt good enoth we will end up with nothing, we have some of the best players in the world so we should use them every game

KoLo28

Clichy, Senderos, Eboue, Hoyte, Quincy, Fabregas, Flamini, Van Persie have all gained alot of experience this year, and with some big signings and players returning from injury our squad will look VERY good.

how are we supposed to progess as a team if we don't blood youngsters?
especially given our financial position
if we played the same players over and over again they would run out of steam, its just stupid to say we should rotate the team.

we're not in the final week because, we were unlucky to lose to utd and given our injuries there 2nd string was better than ours on the day. i'd be quite happy with how far we got, it gave alot of youngsters experience and they did extremly well to get as far as they did, it's not all about 'glory'

JoseReyes29

what the hell are you guys on about???

Up to the sending off it was equal, we looked weak on set pieces and that was all. From the sending off to half time we were **** and lucky not to concede.

2nd half we completely dominated with only 10 men. The only way sheffield looked as if they were going to score was from set pieces.

Fabregas and Flamini were awseme throughout, so i dont know where you are getting this too young too weak thing.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i thought we did OK... it was a shame Bergy was sent off.. he had been injecting some experience into the match... after that, Freddie was the elder statesman in our squad (until Pires came on)..... the red card was a joke though...

marhes26

Kevin..im with you 100%...and i dont like the way Arsène is saying "i have faith that THIS team can win us the replay"..really?? because i'm not too sure about that...people seem to think we will go up there and smash them..now if we go up there and play a few more senior players then yes..but with the same team as yesterday i dont think so.I can see them turning us over if we take them too lightly..there fans will be right behind them and they have beaten some prem sides up there over recent seasons.People are saying we was unlucky to concede a penalty in the last minute but we never totally outplayed them and WE was at home..so why should going up there with the same team be easier??Arsène is putting his hopes all on the champs league and i can see us going out of that and if we lose in the Fa Cup thats bugger all for us this season.We have had 2 games in recent seasons against Sheff Utd and we have only narrowly won by the odd goal....get some senior players back in or we could regret it.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
marhes26 said:
Kevin..im with you 100%...and i dont like the way Arsène is saying "i have faith that THIS team can win us the replay"..really?? because i'm not too sure about that...people seem to think we will go up there and smash them..now if we go up there and play a few more senior players then yes..but with the same team as yesterday i dont think so.I can see them turning us over if we take them too lightly..there fans will be right behind them and they have beaten some prem sides up there over recent seasons.People are saying we was unlucky to concede a penalty in the last minute but we never totally outplayed them and WE was at home..so why should going up there with the same team be easier??Arsène is putting his hopes all on the champs league and i can see us going out of that and if we lose in the Fa Cup thats bugger all for us this season.We have had 2 games in recent seasons against Sheff Utd and we have only narrowly won by the odd goal....get some senior players back in or we could regret it.

Spot on mate. If that team is the future of Arsenal then we have problems.

JoseReyes29

RockyRocastle said:
marhes26 said:

Spot on mate. If that team is the future of Arsenal then we have problems.

wtf........................ ................................................. ......................... .................................. ................................................ ........................... ...................... .......................... ..........................................

we played 60 minutes of a fa cup tie with only 10 men.

We had two, only two players over 21. Toure 23 and Ljunberg 27.

We could have easily won the game, and were unlucky to concede a goal in the last minute.

wtf do you people want?

namliam

this is ridiculous...arsenal played decently yesterday and its way out of line to state that the youngsters didnt do well because we arent in the final...we lost to a good man u side but as other members have pointed out the youngsters defeated a very good everton side and a full strength man city side. Its also ridiculous to think that Wenger could field a strong squad every game...would it be worth it if Henry gets injured playing against Sheffield ? and even if he dosent get injured..playing so many games in such a crucial period in the season would simply mean that he will be tired for the big games...

playing the youngsters is great to blood the youngsters and give them experience..they have played well...and its neccesary...i'm sure had we won yesterday none of this nonsense would be going on :roll:

AFCG7

Established Member
I dont have a problem at all with the lineup we put out nor do i have a problem with the performance..we did very well.. had it not been for a silly referee sending Dennis off and then not giving us a penalty when Reyes was knocked over we would have won easily. A bit unfortunate really with the Senderos handball but we can turn it around in the replay.
Besides with a CL game coming up i think the priority would have been for Tuesday against Bayern..so we have to give our major players a chance to rest.

marhes26

Hey Kolo..i aint no **** head right..im a ****ing season ticket holder in the clock end and have been for 17 years..i hope we do go up there and batter them..but after yesterdays game it hasnt given me full confidence unless we bring back some more senior players.Pardon me but i dont recall too many chances to score..even the goal was scrappy what we scored.I had a bad feeling they was going to nick one right at the end and so it proved.It's only coz i care that i dont want us to take them too lightly...i'll be gutted if we go out.There's nothing i'd love more then a Champs League and FA Cup double...but i dont like it when we start putting trophies in which order we want to win (Carling cup aside personally)Just because we want to win the Champs League more then the FA Cup does not mean we have a god given right win it...you cant pick and choose because we could end up with nothing otherwise.If we had played really well yesterday i would gladly say so,but i dont think we was that great.I'm not slating the team that played yesterday as most of them played Everton in the carling cup and was outstanding so i will give credit where due..but it wasnt yesterday.There might be some ****heads on here..but i'm not one of them.

The Mini

I agree that the side against Sheffield Utd was too weak for the FA Cup, but how else will our youngsters get a chance?

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I'm fairly sure that if Wenger was expecting his most senior player to get sent off after half an hour yesterday, he would have sent out a stronger side. I'm also fairly sure that if we didn't have Bayern in the CL in three days time, he would have sent a stronger side out.

I don't think we did that badly at all, given the numerical disadvantage, it certainly wasn't pretty, but these guys are young and you have to allow them to improve by giving them games. For example, I thought van Persie was crap yesterday, does that mean he should never play again? No, you give him another chance and he will probably improve!

The Mini said:
I agree that the side against Sheffield Utd was too weak for the FA Cup, but how else will our youngsters get a chance?

Absolutely right. We can't play our strongest team every game or the half of them that aren't already injured will become knackered as well. We also can't afford to buy a first team squad like Chelsea's - at least not until the new stadium is finished. Our only option is to buy young players and develop them. How do you develop them without giving them games? I'm sure Wenger would normally put in some more experienced players but with the current injury situation he's just not able to. This team might lose at Bramall Lane but they'll learn from it and the club will be better off in the long run. I actually thought they played pretty well yesterday. Fabregas and Reyes were superb and I thought that Eboue looked like a good buy. Their heads didn't drop when Bergkamp went off and they deserved to win the game whatever the biased BBC had to say. I couldn't believe how much they wanted us to lose! If a young English player had made the tackle that Fabregas made they'd have put it down to inexperience. Because he's Spanish they made a really big deal of it. They also would have been drooling over the talent of the team if there had been English players involved. As it was they didn't mention it much at all. I thought the way a bunch of teens and 20 somethings performed after having had their captain sent off was much more impressive than anything the lower division hoofers did. Guess that's not part of the 'romance' of the cup though.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom