• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

2004/05 Fixtures

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 41
  • Views 1,248

jc8gooner

Just comparing it to last season and realising once again how the fixture list ****ed us over last season.
Mid-sept to mid-oct we had-
Man U (a)
Newcastle (h)
Liverpool (a)
Chelski (h)

Then March going into April, we had-
Man U (h)
Liverpool (h)
Newcastle (a)

I'm just glad they didn't **** us over like that this season.

Run-in looks pretty good, though West Brom (A) might be tough cos they'll be fighting for their lives I expect. Likewise, Liverpool could be chasing a CL place again like last season.

The Mourinho-Fergie re-acquaintance on day 1 will be massive. I can't believe they did that. Hopefully Mourinho will refuse to shake Fergie's hand cos Ronaldo dives or something. Or he'll run onto the pitch like last time and swear at the Man Utd fans. Hahhahahaha.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Our last game of the season will be played away from home - so does that mean we wont be presented with our title at Highbury ???

KingReyes

Established Member
Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
Our last game of the season will be played away from home - so does that mean we wont be presented with our title at Highbury ???

It totally depends on the situation, if the league is won before then they will present it at Highbury if the league is still undecided then it is presented on the final day.

However it would only be presented to the team in first place, if they go on to win the league as the trophy can only be in one place at a time and they give the team in first place the benefit of the doubt. Like Blackburn in the 94/95 season, it was still undecided but they still won it and were still presented with the trophy since they were in first place before start of they. Therefore the trophy was at their match and not elsewhere.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Oh right, thanx

What if the team in first place at the start of the day lose their match and the team in second place win theirz and go up to 1st place - what happens then ?

KingReyes

Established Member
Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
Oh right, thanx

What if the team in first place at the start of the day lose their match and the team in second place win theirz and go up to 1st place - what happens then ?

Can't give you a straight answer, but I guess they present it to the winner on another day. Whether its at the teams stadium or not I don't know.

lewdikris

Established Member
They'd have the presentation materials at both grounds and the trophy would be at some midway point between the two stadiums ... once it became clear which team was winning, they'd get going.

Although if the league was won in the last minute, that'd be a bit of a delay, obviously...

Soler

Established Member
lewdikris said:
They'd have the presentation materials at both grounds and the trophy would be at some midway point between the two stadiums ... once it became clear which team was winning, they'd get going.

Although if the league was won in the last minute, that'd be a bit of a delay, obviously...

In an ideal world, it'd be the Toon and Southampton playing at the same time at opposite ends of the country, just to piss them off.

KingReyes

Established Member
lewdikris said:

I didn't know that. This may sound silly but say if one game was in Manchester and the other in London what would be the delay? That is if undecided till the last minute. Aren't there a few hours between these two cities?

Ridge

never mind it, we'll get our hands on the trophy when we play liverpool, our last home match. ;D

6 PL games in April? my god.

A

Anonymous

If any of this winning the title talk jinxes us next season - especially when Arsenal have never retained the Premiership trophy - I will come to you, break your hands and beat you with it.

Mark

Established Member
Exactly, let's not asume we're going to win it. Of course we're favourites, but it's important that we don't get arrogant and hope the players can be as determined as last season.

Everton away on the first day could be tough. They always seem to cause us problems and if Rooney is in the kind of form he's in at the moment it will be difficult. I prefer when we start with a home game, but never mind.

Anyone know if it's possible to book tickets to a match so soon after the fixture lists have been released?

Isragooner

Go away,JINX!!!

Everton on the end and begining of the fixture list is a good omen(Last game on 97/98,Last game on 01/02,first game on 03/04,and last game of Manu's Fixture list on 02/03)

Chelsea's got a tough run-in,but in the last 2 years ,it was the teams with those annoying fixtures to go and win the trophy (Man u in 2003,and arsenal in 2004).

before the start of the 2003/2004 i said that we're gonna get the title,and than in 2004/2005 campaign man u are gonna win it back..
but go down-hill since...(like liverpool last one in 1990).

im sticking with this 'prophecy'..and i hope its us who grab the leading role in english football after man u.

bobbypires

Established Member
yeh, Sp**s again with 4 games to finish. Winning the league against them again? Have a nice birthday, thegame24.

Eastrek

Last year our first two games were everton and middlesbrough
same again this season except the venues have swapped

and we always have Sp**s in november sometime and its always right next to my birthday...always makes a nice bday present beating Sp**s

thierrys_girl

Established Member
kanuuu said:
I reckon we'll finish champions with 114 points and not conceding a goal.
thats the kind of pressure the boys dont need :roll:

Eastrek said:
Last year our first two games were everton and middlesbrough
same again this season except the venues have swapped
yeah i noticed that too

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten
Top Bottom