• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

2008-the year of suffering (not for the faint hearted)

qs

Established Member
Best moment: Theo stating his presence in the CL quarter final.
Runner up: finally signing Nasri

Worst moment: Eduardos leg
Runner up: Losing to Pool

ricky1985

Established Member

Best moment: Milan away, and particularly Cesc's goal.
Runner-up: Walcott's run against Liverpool (for about 30 seconds anyway).

Worst moment: BIRMINGHAM!
Runner-up: Drogba's double at Stamford Bridge.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Best : Milan game
: Theo's run setting up Ade against Pool

Worst: Eduardos legbreak
Conceding 'that' penalty minutes after Theo's run

lagos

Established Member
qs said:
Best moment: Theo stating his presence in the CL quarter final.
Runner up: finally signing Nasri
You serious?

best moment: Arsenal at the San Siro, Cesc running up to his Daddy
runnerup: Theo V Liverpool

Worst moment: Eduardo at Birmingham
Runner-up: Where do I start?

Jkreffer

Established Member
Best Moment: Adebayor against Liverpool
Runner Up: Beating Chelsea

Worst Moment: Liverpool getting a penalty 30 seconds later.
Runner up: Sp**s scoring in the 94th minute.

karl

For me 2008 was the year that Wenger stopped finding unknowns and turning them into top players. There may be some good players, but we were used to him unearthing at least half a team of real quality that others had overlooked. It's not completely his fault and shows we have been punching above our weight in the last decade to some extent. Maybe this is the time for him to show us his alternative plan now the "free" talent has dried up.

Zico

Established Member
Best moment: Fabregas scoring against Milan.

Worst moment: trying to decide who I wanted to lose the Champions League final more between United and Chelsea. Damn ****.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
Best moment: Milan away.
Runner-up: First half of our 2-1 win over Villa

Worst moment: BIRMINGHAM!
Runner-up: Losing to pool in the Cl.
Second runner-up: Hleb leaving
Third runner-up: Flamini leaving
Fourth runner-up: Not signing anyone significant
Fight runner-up: Signing Sivester

I could go on and on....

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Best moment: It's a tie between Theo's run against Liverpool and Cesc's goal against Milan
Runner up: Adebayor singing before the Chelsea game (go to Youtube and type in "Adebayor Singing at Stamford Bridge" to see what the fuss is about. Seriously, do it.)
Second runner up: Signing Nasri

Worst moment: That tackle
Runner up: Losing out to Liverpool the way we did
Second runner up: Flamini leaving

thegame24

Established Member
Best

Theo and ade link up vs pool

Beating AC

Beating Sp**s 3-1 at white hart lane to solidify our title run.

Gallas equaliser vs united

Worst

Pools dive

Birmingham

Getting rid of hleb and flamini and signing two useless players (in comparison) in return

lagos

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Runner up: Adebayor singing before the Chelsea game (go to Youtube and type in "Adebayor Singing at Stamford Bridge" to see what the fuss is about. Seriously, do it.)
:lol: with Wenger in tow

True Gooner

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:

:lol: :lol:

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I love how Wenger doesn't pay any attention to Ade at all. He's like, "Oh, that? Yeah, he does it all the time. You'll get used to it."

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I love them. There's another one caught by 3rd Eye when Ade's dancing before kickoff against Chelsea too. I think you'll find it if you do a Youtube search for "Adebayor dancing". He's pure win.

lagos

Established Member
yeah I've seen that one too. It seem his beest youtube moments are always against Chelsea

outlaw_member

Established Member
I was watching the video Klaus was referring to, than I came across this.

[edited]

We should hire him as a coach after he retires. 8))

No Arsenal clips on the forums

JazzG

oasis_gooner

Alfonso said:
Thats the thing, we couldnt even manage to beat Sp**s this year.

Dos, my favourite moment of the year was beating Milan away in the CL in Feb. Man, when Cesc scored, I had not celebrated such a goal like that in a long time. Shame that was the highlight of the season/year. Should have used that as our springboard.

Anthony, I never said we would win the CL that season, but I rekon we would have won the league and subesquently become the best team in Europe now, like Barca are currently, and gone on to dominate and win the CL this season, basically what we were supposed to do after we won the double in 2002. The title would have been the ultimate platform for this team, whose main issue is mental, to go on and be world beaters. Losing the title like we did allowed the opposite effect to happen, and we have too many issues now to win anything.

Lets hope 2009 is kinder on the heart. At least there are no pretentious expectations.

Agree with this. I think our situation last year is similar to United's the year before. They hadn't won the league in 4 years and finally had a team to challenge Chelsea. Of course they had the luck with injuries and most importantly they didn't suffer a Birmingham in their season. They won the title but went out in the CL semi finals to Milan who finished fourth in Serie A and were concentrating only on the CL just like the Scousers have always done under Benitez. Then what do United do after winning the title, add depth to their squad through addition of Hargreaves, Nani, Anderson and Tevez to challenge for both the league and the European Cup.

What we did last season was remarkable when you consider that the bar had been raised even further by United from the previous year. We failed to score only in 2 games, lost three games of which two were undeserved, unbeaten at home entire season, second best record at home and away from home, second highest goal difference, and it took only a relegation form in the subsequent 7-8 games post Birmingham that stopped us from winning the title and ultimately finishing on a respectable 83 points - four points off the champions. We could have had an amazing platform to build upon for greater things just like United had the season before.

Winning a trophy this season whether be it the FA cup could go a long way in releasing the club's shackles of the past four years which is why I want us to take the FA cup seriously. And I wouldn't want to reflect on 2008 since the entire year is a low point for me.

lagos

Established Member
oasis_gooner said:
Agree with this. I think our situation last year is similar to United's the year before. They hadn't won the league in 4 years and finally had a team to challenge Chelsea.

you sure abut that?

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom