• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

2020 Transfer Deadline Day

How do you expect DD to go for Arsenal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Those who know ball know that Lemar is an amazing midfielder, especially in thight spaces. He is just in the wrong club.

Just like James Rodriguez he just need to move on...

Lemar in a 4-3-3 in midfield would be just delicious. Technically he's still a joy to watch...

Very similar player to Saka imo, I dont see the point, he would just be another expensive mistake.

I shudder to think where we would be now if they club dropped 90m on this guy. Would have certainly meant no Auba, and Lacazette/Lemar as the main forwards for the last two years...

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I take your point but is Saka going to play 55 games? Yeah you’ve got AMN to play LWB as well but he adds very little creativity when he’s higher up the pitch. Having said that I wouldn’t sign Lemar just because I think he has been out of form for too long.

Maybe if Arteta changed the system to one central striker surrounded by three attacking mids/wingers, you'd have Pepe, Saka, Willian, Lemar as those options around Auba. But it'd be a total tactical shift from a defensively solid formation to a Wenger-esque attacking formation. I can't se Arteta doing that, and I can't see Lemar playing the LWB/LM hybrid role.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
Objectively speaking, the club have done the right thing here. They’ve signed two quality players in Willian/Gabriel. While it’s evident we need a quality CM, during the pandemic and it’s effects it’s vital we shore up the balance sheet, as any good business should. Fully expect us to rectify this when the situation improves next summer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Funny Sokratis Mustafi still Arsenal players we still have 8 CB's around. What is this BS

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We need a miricale today. IF Kolasinac/Sokratis/Mustafi all go, we could maybe see a midfielder coming in.

IF we can get Partey, then its a good window imo.

Klopps first window saw him bring in Matip/Wijnaldum/Mane.

Gabriel/Partey(?)/Willian would somewhat mirror that.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Objectively speaking, the club have done the right thing here. They’ve signed two quality players in Willian/Gabriel. While it’s evident we need a quality CM, during the pandemic and it’s effects it’s vital we shore up the balance sheet, as any good business should. Fully expect us to rectify this when the situation improves next summer.

Nah **** that. They’ve targeted two players who won’t be there for us next summer so it’s been a pointless chase if they come away with neither of them now. Next summer it will be completely different targets (Aouar will get a bigger move and they won’t spend £45m on Partey at 28 years old), targets we probably could’ve signed this summer. They were too fixated on Partey and Aouar. They could’ve signed van de Beek with the money they offered for Aouar. That’s one example.

AndStill

I think maybe it was all too much for us to achieve this summer, clearing out so much deadwood on high wages, the inactive market and of course many **** ups along the way from the guys leading us.

Arteta, Edu and Vinai are all new and inexperienced in their roles so maybe they will learn quickly for next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough
Top Bottom