• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

4 Gooners arrested for Murder at Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

draiocht fianna

Re: 4 Gooners arrested for Murder @ Liverpool

I just laughed in very poor taste as well. A banner just flashed up with the text '' If you die unexpectedly'' while I had a gander at the AWIMB forum where someone posted '' we kill who we want''

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.awimb.com/fudforum/index.php?t=msg&th=517436&start=0&rid=0&S=6d3dd781ef07b1e043c5354d28e76a5e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.awimb.com/fudforum/index.php ... 4d28e76a5e</a>

God help us all

draiocht fianna

jones said:
Irish_Owen said:
This isn't even football related.

Four men arrested, who were coincidently Arsenal fans...

But of course, let's create a thread in Arsenal Talk, on an Arsenal forum!

Who knows whether they were even Arsenal fans, they might have just wanted to blend in with the masses and later go home in a large group without being noticed. It's sad that somebody had to die, and it's nothing that shouldn't be mentioned at all, but when the cops explicitly say that it's *not* football related then it's quite sure that it isn't.

considering away tickets are very hard to come by unless you have a lot of loyalty credits its unlikely they weren't proper Gooners

qs

Established Member

draiocht fianna said:
lets see, I'll meet you for a pint at Lime Street next season. Your round as its nearer to you. Full colours.

Cool I'll chat with you about it on Thursday.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

draiocht fianna said:
jones said:
Irish_Owen said:
This isn't even football related.

Four men arrested, who were coincidently Arsenal fans...

But of course, let's create a thread in Arsenal Talk, on an Arsenal forum!

Who knows whether they were even Arsenal fans, they might have just wanted to blend in with the masses and later go home in a large group without being noticed. It's sad that somebody had to die, and it's nothing that shouldn't be mentioned at all, but when the cops explicitly say that it's *not* football related then it's quite sure that it isn't.

considering away tickets are very hard to come by unless you have a lot of loyalty credits its unlikely they weren't proper Gooners

What do you mean, hard to come by? Even if the home club sends a big part to the away team, on the day of the match there surely would still be tickets available at the stadium?

draiocht fianna

But of course, let's create a thread in Arsenal Talk, on an Arsenal forum![/quote]

Who knows whether they were even Arsenal fans, they might have just wanted to blend in with the masses and later go home in a large group without being noticed. It's sad that somebody had to die, and it's nothing that shouldn't be mentioned at all, but when the cops explicitly say that it's *not* football related then it's quite sure that it isn't.[/quote]

considering away tickets are very hard to come by unless you have a lot of loyalty credits its unlikely they weren't proper Gooners[/quote]

What do you mean, hard to come by? Even if the home club sends a big part to the away team, on the day of the match there surely would still be tickets available at the stadium?[/quote]

No! The only way to get tickets at the ground would be off a tout. Away tickets are members only, and for a big match you only qualifyif you have ufficient loyalty credits. I should know, I've lost all of mine :lol:

DiamondGooner

Established Member

I bet 3/4 of crimes committed every day are done by men who support a football team, so then what?

What's the next thread going to be ....

2 Bolton fans rob a corner shop.

4 Wigan fans beat up and mug an old lady.

1 Sp**s fan guilty of starting the London riots.

entropy13

Established Member

PSG fan killed in Italy vacation by AC Milan fan

Bayern fan injured after car is hit by truck driven by Dortmund fan

Houses of Newcastle fans robbed, suspects either Boro or Sunderland fans

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado

what is the significance though? a guy injured a passenger.. oh btw, the guy was a lakers fan. another guy hit a tree. well, they say he was an engineer.. some person robbed a bank. oh and the person plays golf in their sparetime, in case you wanted to know that. just seems a bit of a random fact. oh look, some ***** ran the redlight. they must be a Sp**s fan.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Whomever, however, whatever, until it's cleared up and the culprits identified I would imagine there will be a stain on our name. This is not good at all. Sad news indeed.

The BBC report is less revealing/detailed in it's description of where the men were arrested-i.e no mention of being in the Arsenal section at Anfield.

And it's now 3 men and not 4

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19472914" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19472914</a>?

entropy13

Established Member

mavelous said:
what is the significance though? a guy injured a passenger.. oh btw, the guy was a lakers fan. another guy hit a tree. well, they say he was an engineer.. some person robbed a bank. oh and the person plays golf in their sparetime, in case you wanted to know that. just seems a bit of a random fact. oh look, some ***** ran the redlight. they must be a Sp**s fan.

A guy just hit a lamppost. Oh he's drunk and he's Jason Kidd. :lol:

phenn

This is sad, condolences to the family. Has very little to do with Arsenal but any avoidable death, especially something as nasty as this, is a sad event.

Galahad

Well I do think this deserves a bit of a mention, they were after all a group of four who were getting away tickets against Liverpool (and thats probably not the easiest team to get away tickets to). And just before the match they beat a Liverpoolian to death. I wouldnt be surprised if it does turn out football related after all, either way they were there for the football.

Whatever way this turns out, this is a very sad scenario and I hope those four criminals will be punished most severly for this horrifying deed.

draiocht fianna

Galahad said:
Well I do think this deserves a bit of a mention, they were after all a group of four who were getting away tickets against Liverpool (and thats probably not the easiest team to get away tickets to). And just before the match they beat a Liverpoolian to death. I wouldnt be surprised if it does turn out football related after all, either way they were there for the football.

Whatever way this turns out, this is a very sad scenario and I hope those four criminals will be punished most severly for this horrifying deed.

For what its worth the victim was also a Londoner, and not a Scouser,so it doesn't appear to be a football related offense. The good news (if thats an appropriate expression to use in this context) is that it therefore shouldn't have any repercussions for other fans when Arsenal and Liverpool next meet.

They were there for the football and were arrested in the Arsenal End at Anfield. The suspects are obviously regular away followers and members of the club.

Its unfortunate certain newspapers have chosen to report it in that context. That links it to us, and stains our name.As unfair as it is on the club and the rest of our fans, mud sticks.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Sad that someone died, and that people commit such acts.

But its not a football related inccident, its not anything to do with AFC as a club. The use of the clubs name is clearly being thrown into the article on account that they happened to be at the away game sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom