• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

5 Arsenal players in European team of the month

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
The ESM team of the month is chosen by giving reknown soccermagazines/newspapers in big football countries a vote for best player in each position (between brackets is the number of votes for each player, 7 votes is a high score):

Lehmann (3)
Eboue (3) Toure (4) Cris (4) Kaladze (4)
Tiago (3) Kaka (3) Fabregas (8 ) Ronaldinho (9)
Shevchenko (7) Henry (7)

So we can definately say Arsenal have won the team of the month award. Well done Gunners!

Legend#1

Established Member
leonardo santiago said:
The ESM team of the month is chosen by giving reknown soccermagazines/newspapers in big football countries a vote for best player in each position (between brackets is the number of votes for each player, 7 votes is a high score):

Lehmann (3)
Eboue (3) Toure (4) Cris (4) Kaladze (4)
Tiago (3) Kaka (3) Fabregas (8 ) Ronaldinho (9)
Shevchenko (7) Henry (7)

So we can definately say Arsenal have won the team of the month award. Well done Gunners!

Tiago?

Didn't he get sent off?

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Jinn said:
That's not a bad lineup there!
No a very tasty team. A few players wouldn't be in mine though this one seems solely based on CL performance.

I wouldn't put Kaladze in my team, because I don't like him because he keeps Jankulovski out of the Milan team, which is a disgrace. And Kaka and Tiago haven't impressed me this month, I would go for:

-------------------Lehmann----------------------
----------------------Cris--------------------------
Eboue--------------------------------------?????
---------------------Toure-------------------------
-------Cesc-------------------Van der Vaart----
------------------Ronaldinho---------------------
---Sheva---------------------------------Henry--
----------------------Eto'o------------------------

Sammer

Established Member
leonardo santiago said:
Jinn said:
No a very tasty team. A few players wouldn't be in mine though this one seems solely based on CL performance.

I wouldn't put Kaladze in my team, because I don't like him because he keeps Jankulovski out of the Milan team, which is a disgrace. And Kaka and Tiago haven't impressed me this month, I would go for:

That´s one hell of an attacking team you go there, Leonardo :D

How about filling the ??????? with Flamini ?

Arsenal_4eva_14

leonardo santiago said:
Jinn said:

Haha and thats why they don't get you to vote. I mean please?

Saville

yup very good...also if you look on skysports.com for 'team of the weekend' we have 4 players in it Adebayor...Henry..Toure and Senderos!!both of arsenal to stike men upfront...very promosing

Wenger14

Established Member
Don't agree with that. Would go for something like this tbh,

Lehman
Eboue Toure Senderos Flamini
Hleb Ljunberg Gilberto Fabregas Reyes
Henry

Now that's more like it! ;)

erm Seriously though, that's a bloody good line up, although I'll have Riquelme in place of Tiago.

Reyes(9)

I should have added Senderos in this lineup he played extremely well ..and Riquelme instead of Tiago ..

Ricky_AFC

Very good. No less than our lads in there deserve. I thought maybe Big Phil could have got a mention though. That said i haven't watched many games not involving us so i can't judge the rest.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
ernest said:
Lehman
Eboue Toure Senderos Cole
Henry

erm, Cole? unless I am mistaken, he didnt play a single game this past month? i'm sure you mean Flamini

Mostarac

Established Member
leonardo santiago said:
I wouldn't put Kaladze in my team, because I don't like him because he keeps Jankulovski out of the Milan team, which is a disgrace.

I respectfully disagree. Kaladze has been fantastic for over a month now as a central defender for Milan. I would put Kaladze in the centre of the defence ahead of Cris in the Team of the Month. As for Jankulovski, he is a very good player, but he has had his chances(maybe a bit limited) this season, and has disappointed in most of them. And, Kaladze is not the one who has been holding back Jankulovski lately, those who have done that are Serginho/Stam(has been moved to the right-back so that Kaladze can play in the centre). I would also put Serginho in that team(take out Cris, put in Kaladze in his place, and move Serginho to the left-back), he has impressed when playing for Milan. Serginho`s offensive abilities are fantastic, but that may come as a result of him originally being a left-midfielder for Milan before they moved him down to left-back. As for Shevchenko, I would put Inzaghi ahead of him in the Team of the Month list. Over the last couple of months, Inzaghi has been much more importnant to Milan with his goals. I do not think that Kaka deserves a place in this team, he was fantastic against Bayern, but not too good in the two matches against Lyon.

Octavio - gunner

Congratulations to the gunners, really deserved it.
The others I don't really agree with Kaka being there, didn't do anything special in march.
And Ronaldinho he is without a doubt the best player in the world and will probably be for years to come, but March was not the best month for barca and didn't do something so special in CL, so he should be in that team but not with more votes than the rest, maybe 5 or 6 would've been fine. He only got so many votes because he is Ronaldinho, but not for what he did last month.

Mostarac

Established Member
This is my team of the month:

Lehmann, Eboue, Toure, Kaladze, Serginho, Hleb(this one was really tough to decide), Cesc, Diarra, Ronaldinho, Inzaghi, Thierry Henry.

MoBi

Octavio - gunner said:
And Ronaldinho he is without a doubt the best player in the world and will probably be for years to come, but March was not the best month for barca and didn't do something so special in CL, so he should be in that team but not with more votes than the rest, maybe 5 or 6 would've been fine. He only got so many votes because he is Ronaldinho, but not for what he did last month.

I totally agree

yayo77

Wenger14 said:
Don't agree with that. Would go for something like this tbh,

Lehman
Eboue Toure Senderos Flamini
Henry

Now that's more like it! ;)

excellent call

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady
Top Bottom