• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manchester City’s Financial Doping

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I feel like if found guilty there should be at least a points deduction. If you look at Saracens who have pretty much been the Man City of rugby in recent years, they were deducted 105 points to make sure they got relegated :lol:

The punishment will determine how hard City fight it IMO. If the Commission give their verdict before the season ends and City are out of the title race I think they'd accept a points deduction, even if it meant no top 4.

Imagine starting in the Champiosnhip next year on -20 :lol:

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Uefa suspended City for 2 years. Bearing in mind their case was not as wide ranging or extensive as the PL case i find it hard to understand why anyone thinks the PL will or can give City an easy ride. If the case against them is proven they will be demoted.

With that will come massive financial losses. No CL money, no Pl money. Huge reduction in match day income all the while retaining massive overheads, fines etc. The reality is City are in deep **** if this panel uphold the case against them. Even if large parts are dismissed some reports 50% being upheld will be enough to damage them severely. They need to win a large percentage if not all of the case against them.

Yes but it was overturned by the CAS. There is no such appeal route for City this time vs the PL.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Relegation is never going to happen surely?

Surely a massive points deduction and a fine at worst

Thing is, other than retrospectively stripping them of the titles, isn’t relegation the only commensurate punishment? Any fine or points deduction or transfer ban and I’m very sure City fans would be happy, cos they have the titles anyway. It was worth it, if all they get is a 15 point deduction or whatever.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

That’s what I’ve been asking people. And it’s why I have doubts they’ll really go hard on City. There’ll be more clubs guilty of this and I don’t think they really intend to rid the sport of all its corruption. There’s too much money in it.

The City stuff is definitely next level piss taking though

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Had this on in the background this morning, reminded me of when Brexiters call in James OBrien and try to explain the inner workings of the EU.

You, who obviously are a real expert, should call in and tell the truth about the inner workings of the EU so that the uneducated fools who voted for Brexit learn something. Or you should understand that this thread is not about your hatred of people who don't share your love for the EU.
We get it: You are better and smarter than the people who supported Brexit but thats off topic here.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You, who obviously are a real expert, should call in and tell the truth about the inner workings of the EU so that the uneducated fools who voted for Brexit learn something. Or you should understand that this thread is not about your hatred of people who don't share your love for the EU.
We get it: You are better and smarter than the people who supported Brexit but thats off topic here.

This is the longest post I’ve ever seen from you on here!

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady
Top Bottom