• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manchester City’s Financial Doping

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Reading the blue moon comments re auditors im reminded of the PWC - BT Italy case. PWC were fined over 2 million for audit failures. The idea that large auditors do not make mistakes or apply proper scrutiny isn't one that really stands up. In this case PWC missed 500m in accounting fraud.

Edit.
Also PWC have a history of fines for failures. Im only picking on PWC as i was offered a job there and turned them down and know of this case.

A quick Google shows other firms like KPMG were fined over 20m for failings with total fines for firms coming in over 46m.

Audit firms are routinely fined for ****ing up massively. The biggest example being Enron and the resultant destruction of Arthur Anderson which used to be the biggest player in the Financial Services industry.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Uefa suspended City for 2 years. Bearing in mind their case was not as wide ranging or extensive as the PL case i find it hard to understand why anyone thinks the PL will or can give City an easy ride. If the case against them is proven they will be demoted.

With that will come massive financial losses. No CL money, no Pl money. Huge reduction in match day income all the while retaining massive overheads, fines etc. The reality is City are in deep **** if this panel uphold the case against them. Even if large parts are dismissed some reports 50% being upheld will be enough to damage them severely. They need to win a large percentage if not all of the case against them.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
The Wire Love This Scene So Much GIF

Diesel

Sky sports says lots of PL clubs are demanding relegation
Also proceeded to say epl teams have no intention of entering or backing investigation. Man city will use any means necessary to get outta this. Epl will eventually fold when this is settled. They have a state backed team. Meanwhile newcastle watching and taking notes.

Diesel

Relegation is never going to happen surely?

Surely a massive points deduction and a fine at worst
I bet at worst its 1.5 years transfer window. No expulsion. "Teams" wanting to relegate them also dont wanna step up and put their money where their mouth is... bet you teams not responding include newcastle and chelsea. Arsenal united and pool probably harassing epl but will never go public. We are about to see to what lengths a state backed team will go to protect themselves. Money is easy. U better hope u have an Arsène wenger type ideological figure head leading the panel otherwise im not buying any of this ****. Dont get me wrong everyone including me been saying for years that their revenue doesnt make sense without illicit sponsors and rumor about off the book wages was always out there. If an independent body reviews it then you have to hope they arent susceptible to bribes and black mails. Because i would put nothing past em.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko

It can. Depending on how much sticks nothing is off the table. It's big enough.

Except title stripping as much as Liverpool and United fans are clamouring for it.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

I feel like if found guilty there should be at least a points deduction. If you look at Saracens who have pretty much been the Man City of rugby in recent years, they were deducted 105 points to make sure they got relegated :lol:

The punishment will determine how hard City fight it IMO. If the Commission give their verdict before the season ends and City are out of the title race I think they'd accept a points deduction, even if it meant no top 4.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom