• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manchester City’s Financial Doping

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Great clip reflecting on old enemies. It may not be a popular opinion but we've had a thuggish side in our team as well and United knew it. Rivalry was fierce but none of those tackles were particularly nasty imho as if all the players knew that if you cross the line you will be punished very quickly the same way. It was more like a clash of alpha males.

Obviously I had a very different view on this matter back in the day :D

Don't think you will ever see a rivalry quite as good as that again in English football.

A combination of ability, aggression, characters and the more physical style of the game back then...will never be topped!

Kuroske

I think people are deluding themselves. The pl is not gonna relegate anyone. That could lead to more clubs being relegated. If guilty they will get huge fine

A huge fine is like pocket money for those clubs. It gives even more incentives to cheat the system in the future.

If relegation is not an option, -40 points from the start for the next couple of years plus transfer ban is my choice of punishment.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Reading the blue moon comments re auditors im reminded of the PWC - BT Italy case. PWC were fined over 2 million for audit failures. The idea that large auditors do not make mistakes or apply proper scrutiny isn't one that really stands up. In this case PWC missed 500m in accounting fraud.

Edit.
Also PWC have a history of fines for failures. Im only picking on PWC as i was offered a job there and turned them down and know of this case.

A quick Google shows other firms like KPMG were fined over 20m for failings with total fines for firms coming in over 46m.
All of the Big Four have a massive rap sheet in that regard. Deloitte were playing a leading role in Parmalat up until their bankruptcy and Volkswagen 2015, EY were instrumental in the Wirecard disaster from two years ago. They're all the same really.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
These are from members that have 1k+ posts on their forum (this is not an analysis, it is minor information that these are not any trolls who just joined their forum).

Oh man most of them are silly. Some seem to be quite fearful about what this could mean, and no wonder if you look at what Oxeki shared, because this is a bigger case than what UEFA could do.

The gist of most of this seems to be ''If we don't like the rules why should we have to follow them?'' :lol:

These lot may be the worst fanbase in PL football, at least Man Utd / Liverpool fans do have some historical reasons to be a bit arrogant.

It's the sense of entitlement along with a huge inferiority complex that gets me.

They should feel fortunate that the PL didn't come after them years ago before most of the massive success they did have.

People who have supported Man City pre takeover I don't begrudge getting a bit of success, can't have been fun being a Man City fan when they were awful and Man Utd were winning everything.

The rest of the bandwagon fans are just as soulless as the club itself. Nothing fanbase, nothing club.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The gist of most of this seems to be ''If we don't like the rules why should we have to follow them?'' :lol:

These lot may be the worst fanbase in PL football, at least Man Utd / Liverpool fans do have some historical reasons to be a bit arrogant.

It's the sense of entitlement along with a huge inferiority complex that gets me.

They should feel fortunate that the PL didn't come after them years ago before most of the massive success they did have.

People who have supported Man City pre takeover I don't begrudge getting a bit of success, can't have been fun being a Man City fan when they were awful and Man Utd were winning everything.

The rest of the bandwagon fans are just as soulless as the club itself. Nothing fanbase, nothing club.
It actually make more sense to be arrogant when you are great rather than a has been. City has been the most successful club in England last decade. I find them more logical than United fans who still cling to fergies time

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
It actually make more sense to be arrogant when you are great rather than a has been. City has been the most successful club in England last decade. I find them more logical than United fans who still cling to fergies time
Really? I've never met a sane city fan.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Sky sports says lots of PL clubs are demanding relegation

Arteta be like...

"Who's cares if you break the rules when you are a winner like Pep eh?"

6bodpp.png

"No but seriously, relegate them to the Conference League!"

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

They seem to have a fantastic sense of self entitlement. Their position appears to be “we’ve never been successful under our own steam (having always been a ****e second rate club with a tiny support base) but hey, now we‘ve rigged the system, so **** everyone else, how dare you ruin our fun and no one dare look at how we got here”.

Some bizarre takes there.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

A huge fine is like pocket money for those clubs. It gives even more incentives to cheat the system in the future.

If relegation is not an option, -40 points from the start for the next couple of years plus transfer ban is my choice of punishment.
As someone who lived in other countries in Europe and England for long time now. I find the way these type of things are dealt with England interesting. People in England pride themselves in being honest and truly believe there is less corruption here. The small man gets punished all the time to reinforce this thinking. Hence you see small clubs get punished. But the big fish always get protected.

If City get punished severely. It will damage the PL brand and it will open the door for other big clubs to get punished. So you could have city being relegated and if Chelsea find themselves in similar position. They will be relegated as well as. No way they gonna destroy the league

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

They seem to have a fantastic sense of self entitlement. Their position appears to be “we’ve never been successful under our own steam (having always been a ****e second rate club with a tiny support base) but hey, now we‘ve rigged the system, so **** everyone else, how dare you ruin our fun and no one dare look at how we got here”.

Their whole fanbase wreak of a inferiority complex.

Deep down they know no-one takes them seriously as a big club or the success they've had under this regime.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

As someone who lived in other countries in Europe and England for long time now. I find the way these type of things are dealt with England interesting. People in England pride themselves in being honest and truly believe there is less corruption here. The small man gets punished all the time to reinforce this thinking. Hence you see small clubs get punished. But the big fish always get protected.

If City get punished severely. It will damage the PL brand and it will open the door for other big clubs to get punished. So you could have city being relegated and if Chelsea find themselves in similar position. They will be relegated as well as. No way they gonna destroy the league
The thing is, they're not a big club. Despite their recent and freshly purchased success, the clubs with traditional soft power are United, Liverpool and Arsenal. Now, this is the kind of power clubs like City and Chelsea always objected to as they were always excluded, looking through the window from the cold for decades on end, hence their deep seated sense of grievance. They actually had a point but the solution (essentially organised corruption) created an even bigger monster.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka

You forgot "Everyone is out to get us because we're cheating... how dare they, bring them all down!"

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Facts. I just realised that Drip Season 3 was released like 5 years ago 😮 a lot of the tunes on there still bang to this day. Arguably his best work imo.
Yeah that’s when I first heard of him. A classic frrrr

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

This is the thing in England, winning leagues or cups doesn't make you a big club here. It's much more than that.

Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal are the elite clubs in English football. They have been for a long time and will be for a long time. It's the history, their status, they are synonymous with the English game at the top level.

Liverpool didn't do much in the 90's but even then they were a much bigger club than Man City are now.

If Man Utd, Liverpool or Arsenal win a trophy it's a big deal here. If Man City or to a lesser extent Chelsea do it's a shrug of the shoulders. It doesn't mean anywhere near as much.

It's probably where some of the resentment comes from for the Man City fans, no matter how much they spend or what they win they just won't be looked at as being on the same level as those 3 clubs.

It's just the football culture in this country.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The thing is, they're not a big club. Despite their recent and freshly purchased success, the clubs with traditional soft power are United, Liverpool and Arsenal. Now, this is the kind of power clubs like City and Chelsea always objected to as they were always excluded, looking through the window from the cold for decades on end, hence their deep seated sense of grievance. They actually had a point but the solution (essentially organised corruption) created an even bigger monster.
They are backed by very very powerful people. It’s more than football. There is politics involved when you trying to punish a a state backed club. This is why the government is pushing for independent regulator. Basically 3 independent individuals will make decision on this. Much easier to control those 3 people than have it as it’s now and have uefa have any influence of English teams.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

They are backed by very very powerful people. It’s more than football. There is politics involved when you trying to punish a a state backed club. This is why the government is pushing for independent regulator. Basically 3 independent individuals will make decision on this. Much easier to control those 3 people than have it as it’s now and have uefa have any influence of English teams.
The White Paper on regulation in the sport will be massive and I feel this development kind of clears/prepares the way for that, moving forward.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996
Top Bottom