• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

A-M Xpert Eleven League - (Apply for New Season)

DREVAK

Established Member
Finally some luck in the transfer market. Thirty years old defender, 8 beautiful blue bars of baffling skill, for six million. Well, it's not real luck, that would be getting a very skilled player for cheap, but it is a most welcome success anyway. As my record in the transfer market has been quite horrible, to say the least. So, Finn Grönlund is a Lumberjack now! A proper tough name, don't you think? And if the transfer archive is right and I read it correctly, it is only the second player with a skill of eight to be bought in our league, phew. The first being that recent crazy twelve million FC Esterence's signing of Jacob Wozniak.

I can't wait to unleash the, erm, defender against my opposition! With my second best defender Ted Underwood out for almost a month (!!!) and the not so skilled but very much in great form youngster Roland Kamper suspended for the next match, Grönlund has his work cut out for him I think.

Original_AAA

DREVAK said:
Finally some luck in the transfer market. Thirty years old defender, 8 beautiful blue bars of baffling skill, for six million. Well, it's not real luck, that would be getting a very skilled player for cheap, but it is a most welcome success anyway. As my record in the transfer market has been quite horrible, to say the least. So, Finn Grönlund is a Lumberjack now! A proper tough name, don't you think? And if the transfer archive is right and I read it correctly, it is only the second player with a skill of eight to be bought in our league, phew.

Nice buy! You know a direct translation of his name if we forgive a tad mixing of the Norwegian and Swedish language (which isn't that hard to do considering how similar they are) would be Find Greenmeadow. :lol:

regele

Established Member
That's not a good piece of buisness imo, he's got 8 bars, but he's old and has no skills, you could have bought two 6 skilled defenders with skills and around 25 yrs of age for that money, would have done your defense more good than the guy you got in the long term

DREVAK

Established Member
I am not really sure I would get two 6-skilled players for six million. Tried getting younger players than this one with decent skill for weeks, if not months, and never got lucky. Without going over the top with the bids, obviously, otherwise I would have spent the same or even more than I did now. And he does have that good in training ability. Which could come in handy when fiddling around with his form, since he is not exactly young. On the other hand, he still has got what, four seasons in him? Plenty of time to set things right if it proves to be a mistake.

Which I don't think it will be. Or at least I hope so, eh! I do not think it is an extraordinary piece of business either, sure. I could have gone for a similiarly skilled 35 year old for what, a fifth of the price at most. As I do need strengthening all over the pitch, with defense being even more troubled because of that aforementioned injury. Instead I went for five times the cost, but hopefully five times the playing time as well.

gunnerGH

Established Member
Its a good deal if he wins the league in the next couple of years, its a bad deal if he doesnt, Im starting to add a few youngsters to my ranks after the emergence of Johnnie MacAsgill and Mark Damage.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
DREVAK said:
Finally some luck in the transfer market. Thirty years old defender, 8 beautiful blue bars of baffling skill, for six million. Well, it's not real luck, that would be getting a very skilled player for cheap, but it is a most welcome success anyway. As my record in the transfer market has been quite horrible, to say the least. So, Finn Grönlund is a Lumberjack now! A proper tough name, don't you think? And if the transfer archive is right and I read it correctly, it is only the second player with a skill of eight to be bought in our league, phew. The first being that recent crazy twelve million FC Esterence's signing of Jacob Wozniak.

I can't wait to unleash the, erm, defender against my opposition! With my second best defender Ted Underwood out for almost a month (!!!) and the not so skilled but very much in great form youngster Roland Kamper suspended for the next match, Grönlund has his work cut out for him I think.
nope. i had another 8 bar 31 year old striker.

the first 8 bar was actually a striker that i just sold. 27 year old one.

DREVAK

Established Member
That had to be in the first season then? As I just noticed the transfer archive goes back only to December. There seemed to be quite a lot of players listed, so I thought it was both seasons combined at first.

Smartly Dressed Morris

A press release to spice things up i think. I look forward to the response.

cartman.jpg

RC8

Established Member
bluenaz said:
'While your team were playing away Vicente Thiago's house was broken into by a thief. All the prize possessions inside the home were stolen. This reduces Vicente Thiago's form drastically.'

I blame my draw on that, the curse is still haunting me.

You "blame"?

You do realise how bloody lucky you were, don't you?! I had a goal disallowed and scored an own goal, thanks to which I could not win the game even though I had 60% possession.

Unless you were referring to another game.

gunnerGH

Established Member
Wow, only 2 of the top 7 recording a win.

This seems a very difficult league.

Dissapointing 0-0 draw for myself. In a way though my Striking options were rather limited.

Smartly Dressed Morris

Not a good week for the top teams , time to hit the transfer market and I don't think it will be just me looking for new players , eh souf :lol:

And welcome back FC Esterence to the title chase.

DREVAK

Established Member
Not good, I better start getting some wins here and there to take over Maximus and Arse. The former makes it still possible as he only drew, just like me, but Arse is on a roll. I still harbour some hope as both teams have to face some of the top four in their remaining fixtures. However it will require me not slipping anymore. Something that would not seem so difficult a month ago, but now, with three teams that could easily go higher than me in the table... whew, as GunnerGH said, it's getting a bit more difficult than last time!

GUNNERS4L1FE

Established Member
I couldnt possibly comment on such things.

I have had to form train 10 ****ing players in the last four days but they will be ready to rape AC Gunners on Monday

entropy13

Established Member
That goalless draw was good enough, considering they're title challengers and we're hovering in the lower half of the table.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
is it only me that feels form training is useless? i never really do it this season at all.

and i am really impressed by entropy :)

nazo

Established Member
entropy13 said:
That goalless draw was good enough, considering they're title challengers and we're hovering in the lower half of the table.

You're lucky, veeerrryy lucky.
5 chances to none. I hit the bar and i didn't have my best team out. My defense was amazing though. Good to have my best back four back for the last month of the season.

Good thing noone at the top won.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 29

Bruno Guimaraes’ representatives have been told by Newcastle that he won’t be sold unless his release clause is triggered [TBR Football]

Arsenal are one of a number of clubs interested in Leeds’ 18 year old midfielder Archie Gray [Fabrizio Romano]

Kia Joorabchian has claimed striker Joshua Zirkzee is pushing towards a move to Arsenal [Corriere dello Sport]

Arsenal have moved on from midfielder Martin Zubimendi and are targeting other players in the position instead [HITC]

RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Šeško is the club’s number one target this summer [John Cross - The Mirror]

Any move for Bruno Guimaraes or Douglas Luiz depends on the departure of Thomas Partey [Sami Mokbel - The Mail]
Back
Top Bottom