• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Hickey

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah Robertson was awful, looked absolutely shattered to me. Hickey was alright but 25m is an absolute joke. We love pissing money away on backup players it’s infuriating.

Back ups don't exist anymore. Games are about starters and finishers. 5 subs and 60 games a season mean you need a strong squad, not back ups because back ups cost you. A back up means the level drops off to much.

What is key is that the profile of player doesn't affect how we play. We need to factor physical ability, technical ability, but also intelligence. Now we have first hand info from Tomi as to whether he would be a good fit. If Tomi says, he is the first guy into training, his diet is right, he would be good for the dressing room, he is always looking to improve and is very smart. Then I'd spend 20m euros on that. He is 19 ffs, playing international qualifiers for his country and starting regularly for Bologna. Full backs mature very quickly and peak earlier than say a cb. The growth would be huge in 3 years. Tierney was 19 once you know.

Nuno strikes me as a supreme athlete, but maybe he lacks something between the ears that Arteta is looking for.

It could be a case where we buy Hickey to back up Tierney and be emergency cover for RB.

Tierney-----Gabriel-----White-----Tomi

Say Tomi gets injured.

Tierney---Gabriel---Saliba---White

Say Tierney then gets injured

Hickey---Gabriel---Saliba--White

Say Gabriel gets injured

Hickey---???????---Saliba--White

There is your problem. We need a full back, but we also need one more cb as Holding doesn't allow us to play a high line.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Back ups don't exist anymore. Games are about starters and finishers. 5 subs and 60 games a season mean you need a strong squad, not back ups because back ups cost you. A back up means the level drops off to much.

What is key is that the profile of player doesn't affect how we play. We need to factor physical ability, technical ability, but also intelligence. Now we have first hand info from Tomi as to whether he would be a good fit. If Tomi says, he is the first guy into training, his diet is right, he would be good for the dressing room, he is always looking to improve and is very smart. Then I'd spend 20m euros on that. He is 19 ffs, playing international qualifiers for his country and starting regularly for Bologna. Full backs mature very quickly and peak earlier than say a cb. The growth would be huge in 3 years. Tierney was 19 once you know.

Nuno strikes me as a supreme athlete, but maybe he lacks something between the ears that Arteta is looking for.

It could be a case where we buy Hickey to back up Tierney and be emergency cover for RB.

Tierney-----Gabriel-----White-----Tomi

Say Tomi gets injured.

Tierney---Gabriel---Saliba---White

Say Tierney then gets injured

Hickey---Gabriel---Saliba--White

Say Gabriel gets injured

Hickey---???????---Saliba--White

There is your problem. We need a full back, but we also need one more cb as Holding doesn't allow us to play a high line.
Who cares what Tomi thinks about him ffs, football players aren't always the best judge of character, just a few weeks back Tavares was saying Mount is the player who has impressed him the most in the league.

We don't need some incredibly raw, technically inept, clunky looking full back. We'd be better off persisting with Cedric and Tavares than wasting money on this guy.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Fair, I've only seen him in today's game and I thought the same. I'm only saying that players have bad games all the time, some people here seem to be drawing some pretty fast conclusions.
For a club with limited budget. Do we really need to spend 25 million on a player who is not gonna improve us straight away or get in the team? He is a hot prospect for the future at best. But we have so many holes is this the wisest move?

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Yeah, I watched him ruining the final CL for Liverpool. Very limited players that only can do is cross. Weakest point in Liverpool defense. Probably the reason why Klopps system keeps failing in finals.

Reece James is clear

Gunner-Union

Yeah, I watched him ruining the final CL for Liverpool. Very limited players that only can do is cross. Weakest point in Liverpool defense. Probably the reason why Klopps system keeps failing in finals.
He’s defending is absolutely atrocious as is his passing and general play but he can do the ODD cross and free kick

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
You do realise he scored 5 goals this year cutting inside onto his other foot?
So our new tactic is going to be playing without CF, FB ocassionally scoring and probably not reinforcing midfield again? That would absolutely be so Artetish

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Who cares what Tomi thinks about him ffs, football players aren't always the best judge of character, just a few weeks back Tavares was saying Mount is the player who has impressed him the most in the league.

We don't need some incredibly raw, technically inept, clunky looking full back. We'd be better off persisting with Cedric and Tavares than wasting money on this guy.

To be fair, Mount was Chelsea's best player in the opposition half by a country mile this season, and had 11 goals and 10 assists in 32 Premier League games - joint 6th in the EPL, and with less games played than those above him.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Yet he has been hugely impactful in quarter finals and semi finals. We all know his weakness is tracking runners re far post crosses, but going forward he's the best in the world at RB (though fully fit Reece James and Carvahal are top draw too)

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Yet he has been hugely impactful in quarter finals and semi finals. We all know his weakness is tracking runners re far post crosses, but going forward he's the best in the world at RB (though fully fit Reece James and Carvahal are top draw too)
I don't know if you are from England, but English players are sooooooo overrated by English media and fans. Not bad attacking but not that good to call him best in the world.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
To be fair, Mount was Chelsea's best player in the opposition half by a country mile this season, and had 11 goals and 10 assists in 32 Premier League games - joint 6th in the EPL, and with less games played than those above him.
4G and 2A came against Norwich.
2G and 1A vs Leeds
1G and 1A assist vs Watford
2G and 1A vs Southampton
1G vs West Ham
1G vs Everton

For context.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
25m on this guy for me seems a bad move. It's too much to spend on a young squad player when the first 11 needs so much addressing.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

25m on this guy for me seems a bad move. It's too much to spend on a young squad player when the first 11 needs so much addressing.
It’s stupid move. But they will hide behind him being 19 and investment for the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom