• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Triniboy

I think if he needs to read the game a tad bit better when trying to make those runs, sometimes he passes it off and jus runs forward not realising we are going to lose the ball since their is no support. Focus on supporting first, get us up the pitch before you make those runs. A lot of times we also see him not showing for the ball to transition out of defence, and thing is, when pressed, he aint very good at that either.

Bananacoffee

Unpopular notion, I know, but I don't think Ramsey suits our system very well. Either he needs to adjust his game, Wenger change his tactics, or we sell him for a record fee and buy someone else.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

It's weird there was nothing wrong with his midfield game partnered with Flamini or Arteta in the 13/14 season. I do think people are going a tad overboard on Ramsey, I mean vs Stoke for example he looked to be the player really trying to take the game by the scruff of the neck. While against Liverpool he provided a constant threat getting a goal and an assist. While the Chelsea performance......we all know what happened there.

We're yet to really see him too much alongside Coquelin, so we'll have to see a judge that for itself, however it's clear Coquelin won't need as much help as Flamini does. Coquelin's very good at covering a lot of ground and I also think his passing is severely underrated too. We'll see how they fair together.

I don't think we should discourage Ramsey going forward either, it's one of the strongest parts of his game and it's a reason why we've been so successful in various games in recent years. When they're trying to mark Özil, Ramseys runs are extremely important.

No one's going to discourage him going forward , would like to encourage him going backward . That's the whole point of Ramsey , the engine and mobility . Ability to defend then counter . Coquelin shouldn't have to do a job by himself ,neither could he . Every top team defends as a unit , otherwise we are going to get left behind .

Think it is becoming a myth that Ramsey don't defend.

People are expecting him to do a way to much, defending, attacking, assisting, scoring goals, most successful tackles. Etc, etc...

The only thing that is wrong with him these days is that he is misplacing easy passes, as soon as that gets ok he is perfect for us.

Bananacoffee

Think it is becoming a myth that Ramsey don't defend.

People are expecting him to do a way to much, defending, attacking, assisting, scoring goals, most successful tackles. Etc, etc...

The only thing that is wrong with him these days is that he is misplacing easy passes, as soon as that gets ok he is perfect for us.

Not at all, quite well documented that we are more fragile as a team when Ramsey plays in the middle. Think it was even discussed in a MNF episode. It has been argued countless times in the old Rambo thread so I won't go over it again.

He doesn't have the ball retention of Cazorla or the defending of Coquelin, and as our system doesn't have two B2B CM's we kind of need him to. Him and Elneny might work, if I'm honest.

People expecting to much of Ramsey. Maybe lower the expectiations that he should be everywhere on the pitch and you will see a fine player out there!

Bananacoffee

People expecting to much of Ramsey. Maybe lower the expectiations that he should be everywhere on the pitch and you will see a fine player out there!

I don't know, think he has been overrated since his good patch (13/14?) personally.

Quite on the contrary we should expect more of him, don't play ACM when that's not his position. To me that's obvious disregard of what the team needs overall, which is not acceptable. If that's on Ramsey I don't know, either that or Wenger is tactically naive - which is possible

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard

Aevi

Hale End FC
If Pep were to sign Ramsey and get the best out of him, we would be truly screwed.

Not happening.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Imagine going from highly intelligent and technically ability of Thiago, Alonso and Lahm to a past it player of whom Pep didn't deem to be good enough in his prime for the first 11 ahead Keita in Toure and the likes of Ramsey, Delph and Fernando.

I'd bet Pep brings Thiago or signs Saul or both to get the personnel in midfield to play the style of football he wants.

Gael Clea-show

I know im a bit anti-Ramsey but here's my argument.

People saying Ramsey has been out of form and will soon start scoring goals but this is a concern.

Ramsey hasn't really ever been great for us bar the 3 month purple patch a few years ago.
He's been riding on that for a while now while we hope he'd turn it on again.

But here's what it was, a purple patch. These are occassional and do not depict the real ability of a play or indicate his ability to reproduce time and again (consistency).

Before the purple patch, he played as a DECENT CM and was growing into the role, defending and making the odd forward run but missing good chances.

The purple patch actually ruined him.
People began to judge him on his goal return while personally, his ego shot sky high.

Since then, Ramsey cares about goals and goals alone.
His odd run into the box turned into camping in and around the box with the odd defensive track while totally abandoning his position and thus, the teams shape.

Blaming Flam for his lack of discipline, which has been highlighted multiple times by Wenger too, is incorrect.

We expect another player to cover for his lack of defensive discipline means he's acting as a passenger.

If his attacking prowess was powerful, you could forgive him (as we do with Özil, although he's improved), but he's barely an attacking threat as he fluffs every chance he gets.

As it stands, at CM, I'd go with the below partners (in priority) to partner Coq

Santi
Wilsh
Neny (makes us very strong in the centre as he isnt attacking but puts a load on the front 4 to score)
Ramsey

At RW,
Welbeck
Campbell
Ramsey
Theo

So, to sum up, he does not make our XI on current form which has been piss since his purple patch.

Play for the team or just **** off!

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Isn't he the former goal.com editor :lol:

Could of at least made it believable by saying it was Alexis.

Alexis Ageuro De Bruyne
:eek:

WhatAFC

It's got nothing to do with wanting him to be everywhere. It's wanting him to be where he should be.

His timing and positional awareness is massively off at the moment. He is making the wrong runs, at the wrong time, too often. It's all still there he just needs to pull it all back together.

He seems to be majorly lacking in confidence, when he was on song he would try different things, flicks, skills, passes etc. He's not doing that at the moment, over thinking and over analysing himself.

Gael Clea-show

He's the last thing from under confident.

Even if so, why is he? Ox too? Theo too?

It either indicates that this 'mental strength' Wenger harps on about all the time isn't true, if all of then suffer this confidence downtime for years, OR the players aren't as good as we expect them to be

WhatAFC

He's the last thing from under confident.

Even if so, why is he? Ox too? Theo too?

It either indicates that this 'mental strength' Wenger harps on about all the time isn't true, if all of then suffer this confidence downtime for years, OR the players aren't as good as we expect them to be
You mentioned 3 players 2 of which are coming off of long/multiple injuries. Not to mention there are only 2 players in the world who seem to not have any dips in form.
Mental strength can mean many things. Never giving up when a game seems lost, holding on to a lead when under big pressure. He's not for a second saying that because the team shows mental strength, no player is going to play below their peak level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom