• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Not my money so i really do not care.
It is my money

I pay out of my ass to just watch on TV! People actually watching live pay even more!
The three times I have seen us live has cost roughly the same as you lot pay for season tickets

I have a vote in the matter

Give him Özil money I say

The haterz are probably all just cheapskate streamers

Beast Incarnate

I see all these names of big clubs being thrown around that are apparently interested in Ramsey. Would a Premier League team really be interested in Ramsey with his alleged wage demands? Would he really improve them that much to make him one of the highest paid players in the league?

Wouldn't be surprised at all if come summer Ramsey finds himself short of interest ala Wilshere.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
That is not funny but the truth, take a look at Ox and Wilshere after leaving Arsenal, they are still the same injury-prone as here. As well as van Persie in further past. While Arsenal medical staff is terrible, it can hide the truth about Ramsey vulnerability.

Ramsey is a brilliant player, but he is a symbol of Wenger latter half era: inconsistency and injury-prone. Some say he will improve under Emery.

But the truth is Emery though so in the beginning of the season, now he gave up. He is the man coaches and watches Ramsey everyday, so his reasoning is better trusted than us here in the forum.

It's funny cause a) Ramsey once wanted to leave cause he thought they mistreated him and now they decided to let him go for it and b) the responsibility of the club is to manage even injury prone players and it can be done. Look at Robben and Bayern: They figured out how to treat/manage him and he stayed healthy far longer and shortened spells out on the sidelines, raising his game a few levels. Wilshere is a bad example as his ankle is clearly done with a very specific injury history and he should probably retire.

Plus: Arsenal has obviously been **** in the medical department. Just look at the Hayden story. Or Cazorla. Or Kos. Or Ramsey himself. If I got a player with specific problems I have to manage him and keep him fit. Look at this season. This isnt just luck. The new staff seem far better in regulating workload, fitness and keeping players fit and healthy. It wouldn't surprise me if Ramsey stayed fit longer than usual this season under Emery or at a new club.

So letting him go for something the club could deal with is a bit pathetic. I could understand the money reason or him not fitting tactically to Emery, but letting him go for something that's well in the clubs responsibility, too, is funny. Even more so if his future club managed to keep him fit longtime.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He can do it all and has shown in the past that he can be a tackle machine in midfield, however he seems to be more interested in bombing forward.
The writing was on the wall the moment he had that purple goal patch. Then you heard the little ingrate talk about Barcelona and Madrid and it because clear that he'd somehow forgotten the years of injury and mediocrity and believed that a 4 month hot streak was his level and that he was a star. The tracking back, which had been a feature of that hot streak in spite of the goals getting more recognition then disappeared in favor of Hollywood shot attempts and an abdication of midfield duties.

For a guy who claims to love Gerrard so much and model his game after him, he seems to have forgotten that old Stevie put in tackles in every phase of his career, never letting that aspect of his game slip(I'll get my coat:D) for glory hunting purposes. This is his own fault. If he had a better mentality he would remain an effective Arsenal player. Ego on and off the pitch is the problem here.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It is my money

I pay out of my ass to just watch on TV! People actually watching live pay even more!
The three times I have seen us live has cost roughly the same as you lot pay for season tickets

I have a vote in the matter

Give him Özil money I say

The haterz are probably all just cheapskate streamers
Well yes youre right its our collective money. Every penny we spend on Sky, Bt, in house media, overseas tv, tickets and on Arsenal.com contributes to the clubs finances. But individually its a fraction. My contribution doesnt cover the cleaners wages never mind a players.

Eirico

He`s a 4-3-3 midfielder and doesnt fit in Emery’s system. He has some qualities and some weeknesses, but he’s not worth top money for us. He lacks dicipline to play in a 2 man midfield, and he isnt good enough to play as a nr 10. He is good at his best, but way too incosistent and he’s also injury prone. If Sven could find a good winger our squad would benefit much more than keeping Ramsey for 200k a week.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
For me the main issue now isn't so much what Ramsey is as a player it's what he thinks he is.
You look at the way he plays now compared to say four or five years ago, his on the pitch demeanour is completely different, he used to run about tirelessly winning the ball and chose the safe, sensible option more often then not, like a James Milner sort of role.
In contrast it's almost as if that role is beneath him now, he's too talented.
Let the 'less gifted' players take care of that side and he can play the first time flicks and score all the goals, he can demand the ball now off others, basically behave like Ronaldo at Madrid.
It came off at the weekend but as others have said what about the countless times it hasn't/doesn't?
Not sure when or why but somewhere along the line he has lost that humbleness as a player that someone like Milner has retained, he is far too big for his boots and his wage demands were just a hugely predictable reflection of that.

TheArsenalis

I'm thinking about this whole Ramsey situation, of the pros and cons of letting him go vs keeping him. What Ramsey do we want? The 2014 Ramsey? Which seems like his potential but has never been able to rediscover discover the form so that could be a fluke season. Over the years Ramsey showed flashes quality especially In second half of season. The boy can play, no doubt. But what would we miss? About him, his energy, his ability to get a winning goal and a 27 years old player about to reach his prime.

Could he become settle in a way the coach can use his ability, because i dont think we have seen the best of him. He isn't a serial creator or goal scorer so those wouldnt be the reasons to miss him.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

takes too many touches on the ball
This one is huge and I find it strange that it's glossed over. There are other midfielders out there who don't really have a position, can't really defend or are injury prone but there aren't many at this level who slow down the game as much as Ramsey does.

Midfield transitions are a huge part of football and you can't call yourself a top CM if this is something you struggle to do. It's no surprise he's kept away from the middle of the park.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I see all these names of big clubs being thrown around that are apparently interested in Ramsey. Would a Premier League team really be interested in Ramsey with his alleged wage demands? Would he really improve them that much to make him one of the highest paid players in the league?

Wouldn't be surprised at all if come summer Ramsey finds himself short of interest ala Wilshere.

His wage demands would be based on moving there on a free transfer. At a £30m transfer fee over a five year contract, that's approx. £115K p/w in gross wages that any team would be saving by getting him on a free. Although a significant signing on bonus would be added on to the total compensation.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
He is too much lacking in technical quality and understanding of his role. His form and fitness isn't reliable. His work ethic is not some quality you can't find in the mediocre PL player and they won't earn that much. Its actually the bare minimum standard expected of all professionals but just gets highlighted with Ramsey because there's not much else. Other big clubs bar maybe Liverpool don't have this kind of flawed player and they keep their head down, work hard on fair wages. They usually have technical ability or at least understand their role and work for the team. You don't bench and nurse a player with so little output or upside earning that amount. There is no reason sensible enough to justify for him to be here and extend his contract let alone being paid that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom