• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

progman07

Established Member
Well Wenger ain't here no more. Just like with Wilshere scenario, he was set to stay had Wenger stayed on but the changes that came led to his departure too.

Hopefully we'll be more ruthless from now on.
I don't think it's Wenger with these two, otherwise they would have signed earlier (especially Wilshere, who was running into his last months under Wenger when he left).

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm kind of frustrated that Ramsey's leaving and I thought he played pretty well today. Granted it was only Blackpool, but I like Ramsey much better in the B2B role instead of as an AM.

Ramsey's engine means that he can cover so much space in midfield, and in this deeper position he isn't occupying the same space as Özil. Also, Emery is so focused on tactics and positioning that I think he could turn Ramsey into an even better player.

Right now our starting midfield is Torreira and Xhaka with Özil and either Iwobi or Mhki ahead of them. I think Ramsey as a B2B would be better than Iwobi and Mhki, and he'd be better defensively.

As a B2B Ramsey won't get as much attention and he won't score as many goals, but he'd be a more valuable player for us. He could win tackles, help us control the midfield and make some late runs into the box. He could actually make other players better instead of just trying to score goals.

Hopefully, he still has a good season for us, and we get to see him play B2B a bit more.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don't see the point in keeping him til Summer if we can get someone decent in January. As long as it's a club outside the top 6, he should be allowed to leave then.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Weird it took so long to tell him why in person, this has been known for weeks. Pretty spineless from the club.
To be fair it probably takes a while to figure out how to phrase "Sod off of you overrated glory hunting git and take your outsized ego with you to Barcelona...B" nicely.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We're an injury away from relying on a 19 year old or El-Nenny. It makes no sense to sell Ramsey in January for a few million, unless we can negotiate a Sanchez for Mkhi type situation AND bring in somebody else. Ramsey doesn't appear to be half-stepping this season and I'm sure most fans will wish him well wherever he moves to. He will be joining a team on a par with or even better than us in reality, especially for free.

I'd quite like to see a destroyer brought in to replace him. Nzonzi would have been perfect.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I don't keep a track of all this stuff as much as some of you guys may but if it has been known for weeks what is the real reason we let him go? I have heard so many different reasons but there must only be 1 particular reason surely? Was this Emery's decision in all or everyone's decision together?

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
To be fair it probably takes a while to figure out how to phrase "Sod off of you overrated glory hunting git and take your outsized ego with you to Barcelona...B" nicely.

Honestly his touch, his passing and his general game awareness would stick out like a sore thumb in Barcelona's U15s.
Very occasionally he will pop up with something spectacular like Fulham but it's so occasional it isn't worth the trade off of having a technically limited 'midfielder' who plays for himself, let alone one earning 200k+ a week.
He's good at running but uses it for his own benefit rather than the teams. He is essentially Jordan Henderson with a huge ego and no discipline, so Jordan Henderson without the things which make Jordan Henderson any good.

I'm fed up with seeing him stood in the middle of the six yard box with his arms outstretched when one of our forwards has the temerity to take a shot, happened again yesterday.
He also took the ball right off Aubameyang's foot, I'm still getting over him denying Lacazette a clear one on one in the last round by just sprinting straight into his path without trying to stop or alter direction.

He also does that demanding the ball gesture and then throws his arms about if he doesn't get it, then shakes his head when he's deservedly substituted.
I really don't like what he's become (on the pitch), he's basically turned into Sanchez, without the good bits.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Honestly his touch, his passing and his general game awareness would stick out like a sore thumb in Barcelona's U15s.
Very occasionally he will pop up with something spectacular like Fulham but it's so occasional it isn't worth the trade off of having a technically limited 'midfielder' who plays for himself, let alone one earning 200k+ a week.
He's good at running but uses it for his own benefit rather than the teams. He is essentially Jordan Henderson with a huge ego and no discipline, so Jordan Henderson without the things which make Jordan Henderson any good.

I'm fed up with seeing him stood in the middle of the six yard box with his arms outstretched when one of our forwards has the temerity to take a shot, happened again yesterday.
He also took the ball right off Aubameyang's foot, I'm still getting over him denying Lacazette a clear one on one in the last round by just sprinting straight into his path without trying to stop or alter direction.

He also does that demanding the ball gesture and then throws his arms about if he doesn't get it, then shakes his head when he's deservedly substituted.
I really don't like what he's become (on the pitch), he's basically turned into Sanchez, without the good bits.
So true. Honestly believes he is the be all of this team right now. From humble beginnings to this. Pretty sickening considering how little he has actually achieved in his career compared to many.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at mid table if not from his next move then from the one after. Genuinely don't think he's that good and what we've seen so far has been a consequence of playing with good players and being given enough time to showcase his good.

Wenger's patience was legendary. I mean this was a guy whose entire game revolved around shirking traditional CM responsibilities to score goals yet scored his first goal of the season in the final game?

I only see a non CL side in England having the patience to give him enough minutes for the good to show. If he goes to a CL club he's riding the bench imo.

GoonerBoy19

If he was that desperate to stay he would have signed the contract earlier. Emery gave him a chance and he didn't prove himself to be indespensible. If his agent can play drama to get him a big contract then club management also are correct to show him that Arsenal is a big club and he is fortunate to be here.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Very occasionally he will pop up with something spectacular like Fulham
Even for that goal, watch it again, he was the player who slowed it down and stopped it from being a goal of the season contender imo. The Auba goal a week later was better because of how slick it was.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Even for that goal, watch it again, he was the player who slowed it down and stopped it from being a goal of the season contender imo. The Auba goal a week later was better because of how slick it was.
Don't agree with this Trilly. The backheel from Bellerin came to him at a very awkward height, almost over his head. He did well to trap it and then head the bouncing ball to Mkhi. The entire buildup was just incredible improvisation from all the players. The Auba goal had a lot more control to it.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I’d wager a bet we’ll see him at Milan next season. Italian league is perfect for him as you get much more time on the ball.

Milan can pay the wages he wants, they’re still a massive club and on the rise and it seems Gazidis was the mastermind behind “agreed” contract renewal so he values Ramsey highly.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Pretty much what 95% of us guessed.

Nice to have a definitive answer though, I think we can stop the 'club handled this terribly' line now. A change of CEO is an exceptional circumstance, Ramsey was unfortunate to be negotiating during such a change.

Gazidis can **** off offering him those wages as well.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Pretty much what 95% of us guessed.

Nice to have a definitive answer though, I think we can stop the 'club handled this terribly' line now. A change of CEO is an exceptional circumstance, Ramsey was unfortunate to be negotiating during such a change.

Gazidis can **** off offering him those wages as well.

it would seem Sven and Raul were simply biding their time until Ivan left - and Emery's talk of making Ramsey central to his plans suggest he was not in the loop, though I doubt he complained when the contract was withdrawn

it's becoming clearer too why Wenger had to go - this new ruthless streak running through the club would never have accomodated him

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Liverpool have no interest in signing Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey, Sky Sports News understands.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...t-interested-in-signing-arsenals-aaron-ramsey

If a top team goes for him it will be down to the fact there will be no fee. Ok a signing on fee and agent/leech fee to pay but no club came in for him seriously in the summer with only a year left so why be interested now. He's a good player but not a top top player that the big clubs will pay big wages for. Like some others have said, I think Italy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom