• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
@TheArsenalis But why should we care whether it's £100k or £200k. From a fan's perspective we want the club to spend everything they got and not be greedy over a figure.

In my opinion, he could be forgiven for stalling. Holding an ego is not a good thing and both parties should return to discussions.
I think it is not just about spending everything we got. We should spend the money on right people. Ramsey is a decent player. But definitely not worth the money he is demanding. If we could find a better player for his salary, fans would be lot more happy.

Fallout

@TheArsenalis But why should we care whether it's £100k or £200k. From a fan's perspective we want the club to spend everything they got and not be greedy over a figure.
ramsey on 200k makes him one of the very highest paid players in the league. many of his teammates will see that and demand big raises when it's time for them to renegotiate their contracts. we can't hand out 200k to everyone, there needs to be a standard based on current merit.

we dont know enough about the board to accuse them of being greedy. they did a great job in the summer. it wouldnt surprise me if they feel they can sell him in january and reinvest in better or more promising player.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
It's not our money, no reason to act responsible over it. £200k a week is something the club can certainly afford to pay a player such as Ramsey I'm sure. From a fan's perspective the club need to sign him up.

But why would they pay "a player such as Ramsey" £200k a week when they can pay better players who better fit the system a lot less? From this fan's perspective, the club came to its senses just in the nick of time. Being sentimental over a couple of moments in history is no way to run a football club.

In my opinion, he could be forgiven for stalling. Holding an ego is not a good thing and both parties should return to discussions.

I don't want the club spending money foolishly. Giving that much money to Aaron Ramsey would be foolish.

I will just add this. It's up to Emery (along with Sanllehi and Mislintat) to decide who should be part of the squad. The most idiotic thing they could do would be to consider misguided fan sentiment. They need to make decisions based on what is best for the club's future, not on sentimental fan attachments.

Last edited:

GoonerBoy19

He is looking out of place in this squad, taking too many touches, slow on transition, no wonder Emery & co retracted the contract.

Paying 200k to this guy will be absolute stupidity, he might have won us FA Cup so did others like Giroud and Theo. We need to improve this squad to challenge further.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Has been an excellent servant and is a top pllayer. He doesn't fit our system though. Would be happy for him to.move abroad and for us to bring in a pacey forward.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Weird it took so long to tell him why in person, this has been known for weeks. Pretty spineless from the club.

ptrcopp

It’s incredible how someone who, when on form, was so integral to Arsène’s Wenger can suddenly appear surplus to requirements.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It’s incredible how someone who, when on form, was so integral to Arséne’s Wenger can suddenly appear surplus to requirements.

Well Wenger ain't here no more. Just like with Wilshere scenario, he was set to stay had Wenger stayed on but the changes that came led to his departure too.

Hopefully we'll be more ruthless from now on.

Manberg

Predator
Can the club tell the fans the reason? It would be good to know.

I hope he doesn't join a rival. He is a great player and he would improve any team on the planet. Was so integral to the three FA Cups we won he will be missed greatly.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I'm disappointed we couldn't get anything for him but in general 10 years is a very decent amount of service for our club. I'm sure fans in the future will only think of him fondly. People who've won a lot less have been called legends before, this guy has scored 2 cup final goals. Good luck to him for his next chapter in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom