• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

progman07

Established Member
He has probably overrated his ability and/or wanted to try his luck abroad. Then he received no offers from the clubs he would have liked to.
(or of course it's also possible, that he just wanted a higher salary)

I really appreciate his qualities, but there is no way he could effectively play in a top team. A team like Barcelona, or Man City depends on quick and good decision-making. In big games, where the opponents press you constantly, the team that will dominate is the team that can bring the ball out of pressure more effectively. Ramsey, regardless of his occasional creative thinking, and world class moments, simply does not offer this week-to-week.

Last edited:

boyinneedofhumor

I think we may have gotten the answer to what went on... (provided the source is trustworthy...)

https://metro.co.uk/2018/10/27/unai...y-after-arsenal-contract-dispute-8080191/amp/

"...Focus on the team and focus on being together in this situation and then we’ll see.

‘Aaron and the club can speak and he can think for his individual contract with the club and with his thinking maybe of the possibility that he won’t continue here

‘But, for me, for us and for the team, it’s about being together and getting better and in each training for us.’..."

ThlRama

Player:Saka
I think we may have gotten the answer to what went on... (provided the source is trustworthy...)

https://metro.co.uk/2018/10/27/unai...y-after-arsenal-contract-dispute-8080191/amp/

"...Focus on the team and focus on being together in this situation and then we’ll see.

‘Aaron and the club can speak and he can think for his individual contract with the club and with his thinking maybe of the possibility that he won’t continue here

‘But, for me, for us and for the team, it’s about being together and getting better and in each training for us.’..."

Metro might be unreliable regarding some things, but they wouldn't make up quotes, that is also punishable by law. So of course it's reliable, as direct quotes is what the bulk of this article is made of. Let's see what happens.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
You know absolutely nothing about what Ramsey/Adebayor/Nasri are like in the dressing room so you have no idea if Ramsey is disrupting the dressing room or not.

None of us know anything about what goes on at the club but that doesn’t stop us talking about it, cos we’re f*cking football fans. The cheek of you.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Adebayor was a problem in the dressing room at Arsenal, City and Sp**s. Nasri the same at Arsenal, City and the French national team. There's been no talk at all of Ramsey's conduct being identical to theirs, perfectly fair comment to make imo.

Mudi

One way of looking at it is that we’re lucky Ramsey is such a good character. If he was prone to disrupting the dressing room then something like this could have a terrible impact. Can you imagine if the club did this to someone like Adebayor or Nasri? The dressing room would be toxic.

No one knows what’s gone on, but I doubt the club have behaved impeccably in all this, even if Ramsey’s team haven’t either.

If you don't behave, you end up training alone and don't play any single game till your contracts end. It's actually in the best interest of Ramsey to be professional and don't make a scene out of it. He will get game time for the less important matches and be on the bench for most of the time.
For a player who's contract ending up, you can't expect more...

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Give him £200k a week he deserves it for those FA Cups he won us alone.
Oh was he out there playing 1 against 11 and I missed it? He scored a couple of goals. That doesn't mean he won us those FA Cups. It's a team game. Maybe if Aaron had a better sense of that and with it a better sense of his ability he'd have a contract here or some actual interest from anyone.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
it’s clear as day, he wanted something and went for it all in. I bet he didn’t expect our new board to be cold blooded as they are, and now he’s trying to put it down on us... terrible. used to love him, but I have no place in my heart for such ungratful people​

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
It was pretty infuriating to see Wenger mask our failures in contracts as some kind of a new football trend we're about to see. Glad to see Sanllehi put an end to that nonsense.

That was infuriating. Wenger allowed that to happen as he was not a businessman - a manager for a football club, but not a businessman. We needed a divide in the club as too much conflict of interest.

TheArsenalis

Give him £200k a week he deserves it for those FA Cups he won us alone.
**** no, let him go get it elsewhere. The goal keeper made saves. The defenders made blocks. Those are just as important as the goal itself. Ramsey is no talisman.

He ddnt take what was on the table, instead he let expire. That's his and his agents fault. Any renegotiation should be instigated by him, the ball is in his court now.

Last edited:

Manberg

Predator
It's not our money, no reason to act responsible over it. £200k a week is something the club can certainly afford to pay a player such as Ramsey I'm sure. From a fan's perspective the club need to sign him up.

boyinneedofhumor

That was infuriating. Wenger allowed that to happen as he was not a businessman - a manager for a football club, but not a businessman. We needed a divide in the club as too much conflict of interest.
I'm speculating Arsène INTENTIONALLY allowed that to happen - banking on players loyalty to him to have control and manoeuvre.
But he didnt expect the mutual parting of ways to happen.

Btw, I think otherwise. If he had been shifted upwards in an ambassador or DoF role etc, he could have some success. But we all know how he viewed that...

TheArsenalis

It's not our money, no reason to act responsible over it. £200k a week is something the club can certainly afford to pay a player such as Ramsey I'm sure. From a fan's perspective the club need to sign him up.
Escuse me? Dafuq you mean not my money? Im not just a fan i am an arsenal fc supporter. I go matches and i also but merchandise. It is our money. Whether or not they can afford it is not the point. The stunt he pulled he should be made an example of. Let him go sit on someone else bench for 200k. From a fan person if he wanted to stay a lucrative contract was on the table sign before the start of the season. A year left when was he going to sign? End of the season? Was he even going to sign? Or is he weighing up his options? To dump us or hold us ransom? Explain to me why it took him till the season begun before he sign?

Manberg

Predator
@TheArsenalis But why should we care whether it's £100k or £200k. From a fan's perspective we want the club to spend everything they got and not be greedy over a figure.

In my opinion, he could be forgiven for stalling. Holding an ego is not a good thing and both parties should return to discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom