• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

skip spence

I think with he could fill Coq's role in midfield when he plays with Xhaka or Santi that is the pressing midfielder and supporting the attack .
I also hope that he can play this part and take over Coqs role in the team. He has it in him and although he may never be as good as Coq pressing and breaking up play for the opposition, he can (ideally) support the attack much better than the Frenchman. The question though, is this asking too much of his MF partner?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Look, as you rightly say, there must be something happening in training AW doesn't like. And it is not as if he could or would come out and just say it.
Too right. Wenger respects his players massively.

Not like Mourinho, who throws his players under a bus, stamps on their bodies and spits for good measure.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Okay - I've had a change of tac.........I'm jumping of the slaughter Rambo steam train (for now). the guy has to be given a chance to get back into his game. HOWEVER, we really have to wonder whether Wenger knows how to get the best of him.

Arsène seems a bit befuddled by his midfield conundrum of late and it's an issue that he needs to sort out sooner rather than later. Rather than shoehorning and converting players into something they weren't he needs to get horses for courses!

Come on Arsène sort if out FFS - if feckin' Chris Coleman can do it, surely you can! Get Rambo playing again!!!
Coleman, like most international managers with barely any time to work with the players, just threw the runes in the air to see where they would land. Anything good coming out of that was more likely to be chance rather than directorial stuff. It was a sloppy display v Georgia

Wenger has his preferred pairing Santi and Coq, looks like that Ludogorets kick on Santi's Achilles has put paid to that. So he's trying to find a pair that'll work.

Suspect him and Xhaka have had a bust over over rough tackles, Ramsey's still not match sharp after an injury set back and Elniesta is blowing hot and cold. Not easy I'd say.

The slaughter Ramsey and slaughter Wenger trains are full of AM joy riders but ultimately they're just heading for 'frustration island'. Save your money mate ;)

Mike Vinna

It is not about a bad performance, it is just a bland and transparent one.
He may have worked and ran hard but that is not just what we should expect from our CM. The point I have been making forever, and others as well, he is simply not fit and suited for a dual pivot CM. He does not have the vision, technical nous and intelligence for the role. With Ramsey and Coq, we simply have no transition game and no fluency whatsoever in MF.

Glad to come back to this topic and see someone making some sense. I don't see why Wenger is trying to change a midfield that was functioning very well. If you lose Santi to injury, then you play someone similar; Xhaka. It's the only logical choice to make. Playing Ramsey was a terrible choice. He should just be backup to Özil because that's really the position he's best in.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Glad to come back to this topic and see someone making some sense. I don't see why Wenger is trying to change a midfield that was functioning very well. If you lose Santi to injury, then you play someone similar; Xhaka. It's the only logical choice to make. Playing Ramsey was a terrible choice. He should just be backup to Özil because that's really the position he's best in.

You're acting as if Ramsey single-handedly cost us the game. The fact of the matter is he was arguably our best performer on the night. A few people say Ramsey is best at no.10, I disagree. He's best as a central midfielder, we've tried him in the past at no.10 and he wasn't comfortable there.

People let their frustrations get the better of them when judging Ramsey's displays.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

You're acting as if Ramsey single-handedly cost us the game. The fact of the matter is he was arguably our best performer on the night. A few people say Ramsey is best at no.10, I disagree. He's best as a central midfielder, we've tried him in the past at no.10 and he wasn't comfortable there.

People let their frustrations get the better of them when judging Ramsey's displays.

Yeah agree , he had his best season as a box to box never as a 10 . His ability to press and track back and then go down the other end and support the attack and score was what made him . His engine was elite . The fact he was more defensively responsible than I have seen him for long time bodes well , because when get's the defensive aspects of his game right the rest fall into place .

Mike Vinna

You're missing the point. Maybe he was our best performer in this piss-poor game. But the effect he had on the rest of the team was extremely negative. He slows down play incredibly and can't link defense to attack like Santi and Xhaka can. He disturbs the entire rhythm of the team. Even more so than Giroud can do sometimes.

carlito'sway

Established Member
You're missing the point. Maybe he was our best performer in this piss-poor game. But the effect he had on the rest of the team was extremely negative. He slows down play incredibly and can't link defense to attack like Santi and Xhaka can. He disturbs the entire rhythm of the team. Even more so than Giroud can do sometimes.

What you wrote above is painfully obvious, but we will keep hearing about Ramsey's engine, tackles and whathaveyou. The expectations seem to be lower with him in MF.
He is basically, as mentioned before, graded on a curve. While I would argue that our best player was Kos, it is basically a stretch to look for a good performance on Wednesday. The whole team was poor.
The general team's performance, as well as Ramsey's individually, was mediocre. I can't see this team, as set up today, winning anything this season.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
It is not about a bad performance, it is just a bland and transparent one.
He may have worked and ran hard but that is not just what we should expect from our CM. The point I have been making forever, and others as well, he is simply not fit and suited for a dual pivot CM. He does not have the vision, technical nous and intelligence for the role. With Ramsey and Coq, we simply have no transition game and no fluency whatsoever in MF.
he worked wonders with arteta.

MaraDon

What you wrote above is painfully obvious, but we will keep hearing about Ramsey's engine, tackles and whathaveyou. The expectations seem to be lower with him in MF.
He is basically, as mentioned before, graded on a curve. While I would argue that our best player was Kos, it is basically a stretch to look for a good performance on Wednesday. The whole team was poor.
The general team's performance, as well as Ramsey's individually, was mediocre. I can't see this team, as set up today, winning anything this season.
i guess you hate vidal, matuidi, gerrard, lampard. just not your type of player right?

MaraDon

Look, as you rightly say, there must be something happening in training AW doesn't like. And it is not as if he could or would come out and just say it.
yes, its call adaptation.
he is a big big big player with a big ego, he needs to adapt.

carlito'sway

Established Member
i guess you hate vidal, matuidi, gerrard, lampard. just not your type of player right?

Mate, I don't "hate" anybody, particularly football players...That is not something I tend to feel about players totally removed from my personal life. ;)
Saying he is not a good fit in CM is a fact that has been obvious for a while. Not sure how stating that meant hating the guy. That is a bizzarre stretch.

By the way, while no big fan of a Steven Gerard for instance, all the above players are way better than Ramsey. Not even fair to put them in the same category.

Last edited:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

Two words;

Alexis Sanchez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom