• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You serious?

Nobody's paying that kind of money for an average 27 years old injury prone player.

Yep that’s reasonable in today’s market

Homegrown proven goal scoring midfielder. Alexis was worth £60m with a year left

Ramsey gets you goals, marketable and homegrown.

These are the prices of players these days. Market is exponentially inflating

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Yep that’s reasonable in today’s market

Homegrown proven goal scoring midfielder. Alexis was worth £60m with a year left

Ramsey gets you goals, marketable and homegrown.

These are the prices of players these days. Market is exponentially inflating

Fair enough. Think it's way too high set.

Would love it if we could 60M for him.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ramsey’s running away because Arteta knows what a terrible midfield partner he is.

source.gif

Longy

Everton should be all over him.

Would love to see us get 50m but be happy with 30m.
Knowing our track record we will probs get 15m.

Actually, what did we get for Ox ?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal twitter account tweeting an awful lot about Ramsey recently. Yh he won the player of the season thing but they do seem to be serenading him a bit. Either there's a contract extension in the pipeline or they're just being pricks.

...so they're probably just being pricks.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arsenal twitter account tweeting an awful lot about Ramsey recently. Yh he won the player of the season thing but they do seem to be serenading him a bit. Either there's a contract extension in the pipeline or they're just being pricks.

...so they're probably just being pricks.

Probably think they can get him to stay with a few tweets

He’s goners

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Probably think they can get him to stay with a few tweets

He’s goners

It looks that way. But tbf the entire universe, both animate and inanimate, was convinced that Özil would leave as soon as he went into the last year and he stayed. I doubt we'd let that happen again, but no reason to suggest he won't sign a new contract this summer. If he doesn't then obviously he'll be sold.

I think the club will buy one new central midfielder, but that midfielder will in effect be a Santi replacement. Or at least I hope that's what happens.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Because Arteta was such a great midfield partner. :rolleyes:
Arteta was the most well rounded and consistent midfielder we've had in years. Sad but true, he was the only one with a brain.

I wouldn't be against a big shake up in midfield. Ramsey has some good qualities, but for a deep midfielder he plays for himself too much. Our midfield is dysfunctional because it's full of flawed individuals with no real cohesion or balance. Guys like Ramsey and Xhaka are very lobsided in terms of their qualities, when central midfield is probably the biggest position where you need an array of abilities. If we could get a good fee and re-invest I wouldn't be devastated. The problem is that I'm not confident that we'd replace him well enough, going by recent signings.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Arteta was the most well rounded and consistent midfielder we've had in years. Sad but true, he was the only one with a brain.

I wouldn't be against a big shake up in midfield. Ramsey has some good qualities, but for a deep midfielder he plays for himself too much. Our midfield is dysfunctional because it's full of flawed individuals with no real cohesion or balance. Guys like Ramsey and Xhaka are very lobsided in terms of their qualities, when central midfield is probably the biggest position where you need an array of abilities. If we could get a good fee and re-invest I wouldn't be devastated. The problem is that I'm not confident that we'd replace him well enough, going by recent signings.

Seriously mate ? Thought he was consistent but very average , if Song didn't decide to turn up and Rosicky hadn't turned on that stellar 6 months would have been a disaster .

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Seriously mate ? Thought he was consistent but very average , if Song didn't decide to turn up and Rosicky hadn't turned on that stellar 6 months would have been a disaster .
There was nothing flashy about Arteta, but he was a very good defensive midfielder in his first few years here. I'd have that Arteta over any of our current CMs, I wouldn't need to think twice about it. Positionally he was excellent, very good (albeit safe) distribution and ball retention, and despite being quite slow he was an excellent and very disciplined tackler. That's the last time our midfield looked functional and balanced.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

There was nothing flashy about Arteta, but he was a very good defensive midfielder in his first few years here. I'd have that Arteta over any of our current CMs, I wouldn't need to think twice about it. Positionally he was excellent, very good (albeit safe) distribution and ball retention, and despite being quite slow he was an excellent and very disciplined tackler. That's the last time our midfield looked functional and balanced.

I got to disagree with you mate:lol: , honestly didn't see any of that .

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I got to disagree with you mate:lol: , honestly didn't see any of that .
I was a big fan of Arteta the footballer (not the manager as you've probably read :lol: ). To compare him to Xhaka who plays a similar role now, he didn't have his long passing, but he was a much better tackler, more disciplined, didn't give the ball away as often and didn't drift forward unnecessarily. I'm sure of that much, and these are all key roles of that position.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I was a big fan of Arteta the footballer (not the manager as you've probably read :lol: ). To compare him to Xhaka who plays a similar role now, he didn't have his long passing, but he was a much better tackler, more disciplined, didn't give the ball away as often and didn't drift forward unnecessarily. I'm sure of that much, and these are all key roles of that position.

I totally agree that about his intelligence , he knew how to play the position , great discipline and it provided a platform for the rest . I do think though his touch and passing wasn't all that and physically wasn't the best for us but he was a sensational player for Everton .

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
That’s because arteta adapt to a different role (DM) better than xhaka. That does not mean that Xhaka is a bad player just because he was being played in a position he does not preferred. A fair comparison will be arteta playing CM vs Xhaka playing CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Latest posts

Top Bottom