• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey Named Wales Captain

yuvken

Established Member
...and he'll be playing the future England captain: who's gonna be the Arse capi in the end?
good news for him, for us, and deserved too. Well done.

ricky1985

Established Member
Surprised there's not a thread for this, I think it's really great news, and I couldn't be more delighted for the kid. It shows just how highly rated Aaron is, after an injury like that and at only 20 years of age, he's picked as the captain of his country. A position he will hopefully hold for the next decade or more.

Midfielder Aaron Ramsey has been named as the new Wales captain, manager Gary Speed has announced.
The 20-year-old will take the armband for the first time in Saturday's Euro 2012 qualifier against England in Cardiff.
The match will coincidentally be Ramsey's first for his country in 16 months after recovering from a badly broken leg.

Speed said: 'Aaron Ramsey will be captain. I thought about it a lot. As I have mentioned before, it is about the future and planning ahead. There were two or three candidates. I thought about what is best for the team going forward.
'I spoke to Aaron before making the decision and told him there were certain responsibilities and duties that would go with it, and to see if he was happy with it. 'I'm delighted and he was really happy. I made the decision because I thought it was best for the team and the future of the team.'

Daily Mail

Rorz

Established Member
Huge news! Aaron's definitely got what it takes to be a great captain for Wales.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Great news, big challenge for him but I'm sure he's up to it.

Looking forward to seeing Jack vs Ramsey at the weekend.

arsenallegends

Established Member
I think its a show of support, an encouragement upon returning more than anything else. Happy for Rambo to get his teeth into something and start crashing team sheets.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Congrats to Ramsey, and congrats to Speed for that decision.
Takes some balls to appoint a 20year old as your skipper.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Lovely touch to name him Captain. Great for his confidence. Can honestly say I'll cheer if he puts one past England. Loud.

blaze_of_glory

Incredible. Hopefully this will help springboard him into locking down a regular place in our team.

Congrats Aaron.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom