• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Adebayor Walks Out Of Togo Squad...

Legend#1

Established Member
On the BBC news ticker.. Row with the manager.

Good news - He's back sooner

Bad news - He's a nutter

But we need more nutters, so **** it.

Legend#1

Established Member
Arsenal's new signing Emmanuel Adebayor was not willing to play for Togo in their opening game of the African Cup of Nations.

Adebayor's name appeared on the teamsheet ahead of Togo's 2-0 defeat to DR Congo, but he then did not start the match.

It was believed the striker was suffering from a stomach upset, although he was brought on as a second half substitute.

But Togo coach Stephen Keshi has revealed that Adebayor had refused to take his place in the team to tackle DR Congo.

Keshi was originally going to leave the former Monaco ace out of the side, only to have a change of heart.

He was then forced into another reshuffle of his plans due to Adebayor's stance and it is unclear how it could affect the rest of Togo's African Cup of Nations campaign.

"This morning I said to Adebayor that he wouldn't play because he hadn't played in a long time and because he had spent the last week sorting out his contract with Arsenal," said Keshi.

"Just before the game, I told him I was putting him in the team and then he said he didn't want to play."

Sky Sports

sabret00the

Established Member
you sure this isn't them misreporting the stomach bug?

edit: just seen your post; well he's playing now so he hasn't walked out, he just refused to start,.

KingReyes

Established Member
You're right though this guy is a ****ing nutter! Wasn't he imagining things recently saying Henry "Is waiting for him"? :roll:

f4evo

i'm not sure about his attitude to be honest

cos this is what he said recently

Adebayor: 'I'd die for Togo'

Emmanuel 'Sheyi' Adebayor will play for Togo at the African Nations Cup

Togo striker Emmanuel 'Sheyi' Adebayor says he is not worried about being punished by his French club Monaco because playing for his country is more important.

Adebayor helped the Hawks to a 1-0 win over Ghana in a friendly in Tunisia on Wednesday.

Yet when he returns to Monaco from the African Nations Cup he has been told he will be training with the juniors, because he failed to return to Monaco after France's winter break.

He had been training with his Togo team-mates and remained with them rather than returning to Monaco.

But the striker told BBC Sport: "They don't want me to play for my country, but I'm ready to die for my country."

"My country is my country and I'm going to play for them whether they like it or not."

I can't say that we will win the Nations Cup but we will do our best and see what happens

Emmanuel 'Sheyi' Adebayor

"I don't know how they can punish me, I love my country."

He is also considering his future with the French side.

"There are so many clubs who want to sign me in England, in Spain and everywhere," he said.

"So I'm going to think about what I should do and what's best for my career."

The 21-year-old believes that Togo, who beat Ghana 1-0 in a friendly on Wednesday in Tunisia, have now got over the euphoria of qualifying for the World Cup finals.

"Since we qualified for the World Cup our heads have been a bit all over the place, but now we have calmed down and are concentrating more in training," he said.

"It was very important for us to beat the Black Stars to give us more confidence.

"We have a lot of work to do.We have to progress because we are small team.

"I can't say that we will win the Nations Cup, but we will do our best and see what happens."

Togo open their Nations Cup campaign on 21 January against the DR Congo before games against Cameroon and Angola in Group B.

Legend#1

Established Member
BBC are reporting that he won't come back to Arsenal but he is going to Togo to visit his sick mother. He also had a physical confrontation with the coach on the erm.. coach.

A

Anonymous

well he is out to prove a point in the african nations and to prove to the arsenal fans.But i saw today on skysports live score checked the togo squad , and he was on the bench came on the 54th minute and i was wondering what the hell was up with that , now togo are not a flourishing nation of stars and to keep out a arsenal player would be idiotic or a bit crazy . i feel for adebayor , he done the rigght thing , and plus his mother being ill will not help his decision making. im sure he does love his country but maybe he is a little angry/upset . cant wait to see you put on the arsenal number 25 , ade , good luck kid

Tegh

Established Member
If Wenger wants him back whilst he's visiting his sick mother, I can see some serious issues escalating. -_-
Arsenal are now on MOTD. >.<

Kenji

it's weird
news from "L'Equipe" about adebayor didn't mention the illness of his mother but only the problem between the national coach and him

they also said that adebayor wants to return in London as soon as possible

nothing about his mother...
strange

sabret00the

Established Member
i bet his mum ain't even ****ing sick.

and if he weren't sick then the performance he put in was dire. his team was dire too but still :(

A

Anonymous

well from TOGO to ARSENAL , im sure he'll be a better player playing for arsenal then he would ever be for togo

patrick42uk

Established Member
well at least we know we wont have another strike partner for henry deeply troubled by his stares :lol: :lol:

seriously though, i'm glad we have this character thrown into the mix. at this point in time, theres hardly anything at arsenal worth disrupting. it could even be a good thing, ignite us a little bit. i'm hopeful he will say a few things to henry that will shake him out of his comfort zone.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom