• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Adrián López Álvarez

Outliar

Re: Adrian Lopez Alvarez

Apparently AFCAMDEN told Renato that the Giroud deal was almost off because Adrian Lopez was our priority

Renato ‏@th14Renato
@samuelj29060 Arsenal almost pulled off the Giroud deal to sign Lopez in the summer, Dean told me.

leo_ense

Established Member

a_fourteen said:
what is his defensive work ethic like?

He's got good defensive workrate but it won't be a huge requirement for him. Podolski has that left wing on lock so Adrían would be playing on the right or through the centre and of course on the right side we have Sagna who is defensively solid RB. I really have a good feeling we will sign him but much rests on what happens with Theo.

leo_ense

Established Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/10/18/3457744/arsenal-target-adrian-for-146m-january-raid" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... nuary-raid</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have a really good feeling we will sign him. His dribbling ability added to our front line will be fantastic.

----------Giroud----------
--Adrian-Cazorla-Podolski--
------Areta-Wilshere------

Looks fantastic, and he will offer us a new option at CF.

Arsenal scouts watched him many times last season and according to some we did try and sign him but decided to go through with the Giroud signing. His release clause is 14.5m and he is angling away for a move, for me this is a no brainer but we need to get in there before other clubs start circling. For me he is the closest thing to David Villa coming out from Spain and he is ready for the move in his career.

thedon5

Can Podolski even play on the right?

I reckon we can get him a bit below his release clause tbh with the sheer level of debt Atletico have.

Sounds pretty logical to me, but any better links that goal.com?

The article also reminded me that Gervinho is definitely off to the AFCON now. That leaves us with Giroud and maybe Podolski up top, plus good ol' Chamakh, and AOC, Podolski, Arshavin and maybe Walcott on the wings.

Looks pretty likely we'll sign a versatile forward, and I must say at that price it makes a lot of sense that he'd be the guy we go for. Still, I'm skeptical, not going to get carried away too early.

Maybe we'll get Jovetic instead :p ?

thedon5

Ah, for a second there I thought we were looking at yet another winger who seemingly slightly prefers the left :lol: .

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

In related news, Portuguese and Spanish newspapers are reporting that Braga's Pizzi is getting a permanent move back to Atlético next summer after playing on loan for them last season, for an incredibly inflated transfer fee of 13.5m €, decent player but more in the 5-6m bracket.

Seems they are preparing very early for his departure, he's also getting a similar treatment to Theo here, restricted to a few subs here and there, and similar to us Atlético haven't looked a worse team at all for it. Would be glad if he came here, still can't see it honestly.

Goon_si

Would love Adrian Lopez to come here. Pacy and technical striker who is also great on the wings.

Also he fits right in to our style of play. And at that buy out clause, his price is good as well. I hope we really are chasing him.

VAVAVOOM 14

Was on a site that relayed reports out of Italy that both Fiorentina and Arsenal are interested in Javier Hernandez but I couldn't navigate my way through Gazzetta Dello Sport. They say he is dismayed after falling down the pecking order up at the ****hole.

What do you reckon?

I don't ever see this happening, but he is pacy and we know he can score goals. Would be an option if Giroud wasn't firing.

scytheavatar

Established Member

VAVAVOOM 14 said:
Was on a site that relayed reports out of Italy that both Fiorentina and Arsenal are interested in Javier Hernandez but I couldn't navigate my way through Gazzetta Dello Sport. They say he is dismayed after falling down the pecking order up at the ****hole.

What do you reckon?

I don't ever see this happening, but he is pacy and we know he can score goals. Would be an option if Giroud wasn't firing.

You think the guys in that ****hole are stupid enough to ditch Hernandez or pay 20+ mil for a ****head to replace him for no reason? He has been terrible for them for a long time already.

Segway

I remember watching this guy for the Spanish youth teams where he basically scored all their goals and I was thinking why none of the Spanish top clubs had picked him up yet. Especially considering that Atletico signed him up on a free transfer.

Wouterus

It is things like these that make me love Wikipedia:

"Adrian joined Arsenal FC in the 2013 January transfer window, transferring from Atletico Madrid to Arsenal FC for a fee of £15 million. He was brought in as a replacement for Robin Van Persie after he left to go to Manchester united. He joined Oliver Giroud up the front of the formation."

born slippy

Is he an improvement on Theo tho cause that's the only way I see this happening. Havnt seen any of him to comment

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He definitely's a better all-round player than Theo. I'd like for us to keep Theo, but if he left, Adrian would be more than an adequate replacement.

evoh_1

Established Member

Is adrian £14 mil good though? Could we spend the money more wisely?

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

£14m for this guy would be ridiculous. You brought in a world class AM for that price, not to mention Ligue 1's top scorer and Lukas ****ing Podolski.

I've mentioned you need a young, promising striker but Adrian isn't the one. He's only 2 years younger than Giroud and quite frankly not very good.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The only time I've seen him play was the u21's tournament a few years ago where he scored every goal for Spain and was meant to be the new David Villa.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

He scored 5 goals, playing for Spain with Mata and Thiago behind him.

In comparison, Marcus Berg scored 7 goals in 2009 and was hyped as an upcoming superstar.

People should judge player performances for u21 NTs with a pinch of salt. I've played in them (although only the qualifiers), and while there obviously is some prestige in winning and playing well, there simply isn't the same amount of pressure and defensive awareness to really test the mettle of the attackers.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

The difference is, Berg is utter **** while Adrián is quality.

If you want to compare players, then look for one who managed to score 20 goals and assist 10 last season from the wing.

Personally think he's class, a bit flaky at times but that's also down to Atlético in general being a very inconsistent team. Think he could flourish here, 14m is a bit high but then again, I'm sure we'd get him for significantly less if we actually went in for him.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Latest posts

Top Bottom