• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ahmed Fathy

beanz

nnaife said:
A.Hussain said:
forgive me, but what the hell is going on with all these RBs on trial. weve got lauren, hoyte and potentially trabelsi and were still trialling more rbs?

Wenger as a scholar of the game and chief interloquitor to Arsenal football club feels compelled to evaluate the potential aptitude and techinal prowess of all possible applicants contesting for the occupation of the defense's right echelon with the foresight of expunging any pusillanimous individuals that would severely restrict the incremental augmentation of the club's already established tactical components.

I'm afraid i really can't make it any clearer than that A.Hussain. :angel
nnaife, I've been scatching through my Oxford-English dictionary and I can't find this word "interloquitor" did you mean interlocutor? which means "a middleman" or "announcer". :?:
Otherwise excellent usage of the great language :wink:
p.s. We can't seriously be thinking of buying a player called Fahti, no matter how good he is, he's gonna have to change his name :p

nnaife

beanz said:
nnaife said:
A.Hussain said:
forgive me, but what the hell is going on with all these RBs on trial. weve got lauren, hoyte and potentially trabelsi and were still trialling more rbs?

Wenger as a scholar of the game and chief interloquitor to Arsenal football club feels compelled to evaluate the potential aptitude and techinal prowess of all possible applicants contesting for the occupation of the defense's right echelon with the foresight of expunging any pusillanimous individuals that would severely restrict the incremental augmentation of the club's already established tactical components.

nnaife, I've been scatching through my Oxford-English dictionary and I can't find this word "interloquitor" did you mean interlocutor? which means "a middleman" or "announcer". :?:
Otherwise excellent usage of the great language :wink:
p.s. We can't seriously be thinking of buying a player called Fahti, no matter how good he is, he's gonna have to change his name :p

yes thank beanz it is indeed a complicated word to use, but yes apologies are as my usage of the term was exceedingly negligent and a tad cavalier. :eek:ops:

But I thought the best reponse possible was necessary to A.Hussain's query as it was such a fundamental question into the mind of Arsène Wenger and deserved a educated and comprehensive explaination.
By the I do find the university of Oxon's dictionary superior to oxford's.

lol don't mind me i'm just being a bit of **** :lol:

hesham

Established Member
nnaife said:
A.Hussain said:

"hes gota check all dese dudes out"

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Apparently he's doing well in the friendlies he's been playing in. According to match reports he's been playing as a midfielder aswell as a defender.

Unfortunately i cant see us signing him if we get one of Trabelsi or Sagnol.

Still a chance though.

calvinngai88

To me, it looks like Fathi will get an Arsenal deal sooner than Eboue for the right back position. He attacks well, physically strong, has the tenacity of Ashley Cole, most importantly, he has the burst of acceleration to catch up some pacey wingers out there in the world.

calvinngai88

For your information, he's a right back and also sometimes a right-sided midfielder. He played in the left position for the Maribor game because Wenger wanted to let Clichy to have a rest, but after Lauren was subbed out, Clichy went back in and Eboue took over the right back position. Eboue also played at the right back for Sturm Graz match when he subbed in for Pennant with Fathi moving forward to the right side of midfield.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
For your information, he's a right back and also sometimes a right-sided midfielder. He played in the left position for the Maribor game because Wenger wanted to let Clichy to have a rest, but after Lauren was subbed out, Clichy went back in and Eboue took over the right back position. Eboue also played at the right back for Sturm Graz match when he subbed in for Pennant with Fathi moving forward to the right side of midfield.

So then he plays on both the left and the right ....

ste

Game against river seen only Eboue and not Fathi which is shame because i wanted to see the young Egyptian. Poor first half there to be honest. Somebody called NE playing in the centre of midfield, from the same club as Eboue, he aint done too bad so far..

Toast

Established Member
Blast from the past. Ahmed Fathi is having a trial with us.

Arsenal have agreed to take Egypt international Ahmed Fathi on trial this summer ahead of a possible shock transfer to the club.

The 29-year-old, who has previously had spells in England with Sheffield United and more recently Hull City, is currently back home playing for Al Ahly.

He helped the club win the African Champions League last season and now the Egyptian side have confirmed Arsenal will take a look at him during pre-season – with a view to a possible deal.

‘Ahmed Fathi will travel to England on Friday to undergo a trial with Arsenal in preparation to sign him if the trial is successful,’ Al Ahly said on Facebook.

It’s not the first time Fathi has had a trial with the Gunners, having previously trained with the team in 2004, but no contract was offered.

A tough-tackling right-back who can also play in midfield, he would be available for a nominal fee.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom