• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Midfielder or in deNile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I do agree re Rapid Vienna. He absolutely should have played that game at least, and there are a couple of games where he could have rotated with Saka when the latter was playing deeper.

I find it a bit weird but I'm not sure why either of them are being dropped in the grand scheme.

Even more weird when Arteta comes out and says Nelson has been training well. Yet Willian has been poor and Nketiah has got on before him on the right wing. So confused.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
maybe nelson and amn are being punished for some naughtiness towards Arteta or objections to paycuts

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
To be honest, I don't see that he couldn't get in to our current midfield.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

He's sort of the opposite of what we want, no? We need someone to come in and hit the ground running and liven things up. How is that AMN? You never know which version of him youre going to get for a start. Half the time he doesn't look arsed.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Our team has looked flat and devoid of ideas. One thing that you can guarantee with Ainsley is tireless running and drive. I'd like to see him start at cm tonight. Bellerin is playing fairly well and if we shift to 4 at the back, it's hard to see where Ainsley gets games.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Was listening to Arsecast extra and they said that we should have just sold him to Wolves and I can't disagree.
Yeah I like him as a person but I insisted that I don’t even think he’s better than Bellerin. AMN just is smoother but he’s just as average technically IMO.

Should be able to get very good money for him next summer though.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He's definitely better than Bellerin...not surprised certain posters prefer the "saucy" vegan and his "style" of "fashion" (despite not actually being good at football) over a regular, hardworking (and quality player) in Niles.

Last edited:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

He's definitely better than Bellerin...not surprised certain posters prefer the "saucy" vegan and his "style" of "fashion" (despite not actually being good at football) over a regular, hardworking (and quality player) in Niles.

qMOKX.gif

Well said.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Wouldn’t really call Hector saucy.

I think AMN is more gifted than Bellerin (not by as much as most think though but I’m willing to concede that point) but Bellerin is the better fullback. That might just be down to experience but it’s just what I see. He times his overlaps better and he has a better eye for a pass, I’m tempted to say he even drives with the ball better despite not being as technical a dribbler as Ainsley.

If AMN was better he’d be starting more often, also doesn’t Hector have like 5 assists already this season?

Pop Tart

Established Member
Niles has talent you can see that in his fa cup performances. I question his attitude, does not seem bothered to try. That is why he is not a starter here. Anyone thinking he is grabbing hector spot this season is deluded. Unless someone better is brought In January

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Wouldn’t really call Hector saucy.

I think AMN is more gifted than Bellerin (not by as much as most think though but I’m willing to concede that point) but Bellerin is the better fullback. That might just be down to experience but it’s just what I see. He times his overlaps better and he has a better eye for a pass, I’m tempted to say he even drives with the ball better despite not being as technical a dribbler as Ainsley.

If AMN was better he’d be starting more often, also doesn’t Hector have like 5 assists already this season?

I like both, I suppose that's a crime here isn't it.

We should never have bought Cedric and AMN should be starting any game Bellerin isn't. Ofc there's no point complaining about what's done.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Niles has talent you can see that in his fa cup performances. I question his attitude, does not seem bothered to try. That is why he is not a starter here. Anyone thinking he is grabbing hector spot this season is deluded. Unless someone better is brought In January
What’s so special about that performance?

In the final, Bellerin made a good run, dribbled past a player and it leads to the second goal.
In other matches, Bellerin’s would make runs that cut inwards at times, instead of running towards the corner flag.

And when did any of the Niles’ crosses ended up looking dangerous? Bellerin’s low cross/cut backs always look dangerous and often leads to goals.

Last edited:

Gegen Pressing

Lol
Bellerin fooling us with barca fusion meat all sauce no substance but fancy plating.

AMN serves solid Sunday roast in hearty portions, gravy refill on the side, comfort food but feels like home.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Was listening to Arsecast extra and they said that we should have just sold him to Wolves and I can't disagree.
I heard that pod too and in hindsight, yeah looking at how little he’s been used so far.

That’s why I hate hindsight though - we took 15m from Wolves, watched him get back to back call ups and seen him start week in week out for Wolves can you imagine this place?
Would have just been added to our long list of failures in the market.

We should have never ever signed Soares, that’s where we f*cked up. He’s a better crosser than Bellerin (by default) but otherwise that guy brings absolutely nothing to the table.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bellerin and AMN are so different.

Bellerin needs space to run into and I don't think he is the best passer. He is okay defensively, reasonably consistent, but he is much better overlapping than he is inverted. He is also pretty cautious.

AMN can run into space but it's more like a diversion. He does his best work inverted and using combination play with the winger in front of him. He is a better 1v1 defender, better in the air, he is a better passer of his left foot and infield. He is also more likely to lose the ball as he tries more things. Reverse balls, clips over the top, he has more layers to his passing and will take more risks.

Just depends on who suits Pepe better. Which player gets Pepe more central. Personally I prefer AMN as he protects us when he tucks in.

However they can both be effective, it isn't dependant on them two, it's all about who the midfielder on their side is.

Stick Ceballos there. A player who dwells on the ball, gets pressed out of it, cant recover, cant run beyond, is more comfortable on the left. Then you won't have a functioning right side.

Willock is definitely the most comfortable midfielder we have in the right half space. He is the key to unlocking that side especially with Partey there too.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Glad to see him put end to his poor peformance streak after the community shield game (probably because hes was played at RB instead LB)..

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I heard that pod too and in hindsight, yeah looking at how little he’s been used so far.

That’s why I hate hindsight though - we took 15m from Wolves, watched him get back to back call ups and seen him start week in week out for Wolves can you imagine this place?
Would have just been added to our long list of failures in the market.

We should have never ever signed Soares, that’s where we f*cked up. He’s a better crosser than Bellerin (by default) but otherwise that guy brings absolutely nothing to the table.

The smart thing to do would be to make Niles first choice, Cedric back-up and sell Bellerin for big money...but despite Hector being "excellent" so far this season according to some posters here, no good team would touch him with a barge pole...interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom