• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Midfielder or in deNile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Tucked in nicely in midfield at times, this formation really suits him.

What happens when we move to a back four though? Specially given how Saka has played as a LCM and how we are hopefully strengthing midfield this window.
Maybe that's one of the reasons why they see him as expendable. I think he's not quite rapier-like in the final 3rd but from deep he's quite effective. I could definitely see him moving to a DM role in the near future alongside playing these wing/full-back roles, I'm just not sure Arteta trusts him enough to make him a fully fledged starter ahead of some others. It's delicate IMO.

Arteta is quite conservative in some ways IMO. Very keen not to expose people too soon, and definitely likes to keep the same XI on for as long as possible a la Wenger.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Maybe that's one of the reasons why they see him as expendable. I think he's not quite rapier-like in the final 3rd but from deep he's quite effective. I could definitely see him moving to a DM role in the near future alongside playing these wing/full-back roles, I'm just not sure Arteta trusts him enough to make him a fully fledged starter ahead of some others. It's delicate IMO.

Arteta is quite conservative in some ways IMO. Very keen not to expose people too soon, and definitely likes to keep the same XI on for as long as possible a la Wenger.

The thing is, he has literally come out and said he is Arsenal through and through and as long as we need him he is prepared to play. He has turned 23 today and is the only Arsenal player in the England squad.

23 ffs, and he has 3 years left. We are treating him like has 1 year left on his deal. We don't need to sell him at all. Wtf are we thinking?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If he is happy being jack of all trades and Arteta doesnt want to sell him then so be it. But we need to start selling players shortly.

as things stand Kolasnic out AMN in.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The thing is, he has literally come out and said he is Arsenal through and through and as long as we need him he is prepared to play. He has turned 23 today and is the only Arsenal player in the England squad.

23 ffs, and he has 3 years left. We are treating him like has 1 year left on his deal. We don't need to sell him at all. Wtf are we thinking?
They're too focused on the flip. Flipping him to get value for the starting 11. The irony is that in AMN, they might already have that. Could we miss out on one potential target in order to keep AMN? He's one of the only people we could sell and we get decent money. Torreira only has currency in Italy and all their teams are broke. Guendouzi has damaged his reputation with his insolence. Lacazette isn't drawing a lot of interest from teams who are willing to push the boat out. We could possibly have a difficult time shifting people for serious money, it's not a guarantee. AMN definitely becomes vulnerable because even though he's better than the players we SHOULD sell, he's worth a lot more and could get us good funds to strengthen other areas of the team - even the other younger players could end up being expendable.

Ideally, we will not sell, but can we shift enough people to ensure we don't have to? That's the question. I'd rather keep him and give him more games either at full back OR midfield but that's not the reality of the situation as we see it.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Indeed he’s one of our very few sellable assets which is the prob.
There are so many players you’d ideally sell before him but the demand isn’t there.
You simply do not sell your england internationals though, because we can’t even afford them in the first place. Hopefully the club see sense and find a way to keep him.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Happy birthday and congratulations on the Shield, the MOTM award and the England call up.

He will retire at Arsenal.

Pop Tart

Established Member
I felt that when the stories of him being offloaded came out a few days ago, a great disappointment. He was one of our best players in our two most important games last season, semi and final. He has always been quality for me. Had his downs a little bit but he has age on his side. Has a motm performance and a England call up today. Why get rid?

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Is our future 3 at the back though? Feel when we covert to a back four he'll become a squad rotation player again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom