• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📞 Clubs in talks Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Nice to see clubs getting linked so AMN should get a move. He really needs to play regularly &:do well or at least be solid 7/10 somewhere for a season to prove he can consistently perform in the prem.

If he can't do that this season imho he will struggle to be anymore than a bit part player at this level.
Ainsley needs to take the opportunity. Lets hope he can👍.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
Nice to see clubs getting linked so AMN should get a move. He really needs to play regularly &:do well or at least be solid 7/10 somewhere for a season to prove he can consistently perform in the prem.

If he can't do that this season imho he will struggle to be anymore than a bit part player at this level.
Ainsley needs to take the opportunity. Lets hope he can👍.
AMN is a very good profile to become a inverted fullback under Arteta. But his concentration has never improved over the years.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
AMN is a very good profile to become a inverted fullback under Arteta. But his concentration has never improved over the years.
He would need to improve massively to be a difference making inverted full back. Imo he isnt at the technical level required (see zinchenko). However if he could just tidy up his passing & improve his concentration off the ball he would certainly be a very useful player .
If he can't do this I think he will end up in the Championship. That would be a shame as he has some very good attributes, he can be great in one on ones but unfortunately if you are sloppy in possession & switch off its hard to see how u make it in the prem even at a lower table side.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Not too reliable. I just don't want to extend him we'll find ourselves in same problem next summer we'll eventually lose him for free.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Good move for him. I want him to do well because I believe in his talent, but he needs to believe in it himself.
If he has an option for another year in his contract, it's no wonder we didn't sell him to Wolves for 10-15 million with basically 4 years in contract. Clubs need squad players. That was a ridiculous offer for a young versatile HG player with good experience.

Of course Arteta not using him almost at all after his horror show on the left was weird.

Having still two years in contract should enable us to fetch some money for him, but this after covid market is odd.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
If he has an option for another year in his contract, it's no wonder we didn't sell him to Wolves for 10-15 million with basically 4 years in contract. Clubs need squad players. That was a ridiculous offer for a young versatile HG player with good experience.
Yes it didn't make sense at the time as i think he had also just been capped for England.
Unfortunately he never kicked on which is a shame but it happens.
Hopefully we can get a fee if he has a good loan. If not though he will be released.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yes it didn't make sense at the time as i think he had also just been capped for England.
Unfortunately he never kicked on which is a shame but it happens.
Hopefully we can get a fee if he has a good loan. If not though he will be released.
I think they likely expected to get a similar fee even with 2 years in contract, and had a cheap versatile backup player.

I just don't understand why Arteta didn't play him much. Of course he isn't that good in midfield, and he is more of a wing-back than fullback.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I think they likely expected to get a similar fee even with 2 years in contract, and had a cheap versatile backup player.

I just don't understand why Arteta didn't play him much. Of course he isn't that good in midfield, and he is more of a wing-back than fullback.
Personally I don't think he's good enough. If he had committed to fullback wholeheartedly yes perhaps but not as a midfielder here. Perhaps he could have been given more chances but I can certainly see why the manager doesn't trust him.
Lacking concentration & being sloppy on the ball isn't gonna wash with Tets.
If he could iron out these weaknesses though no doubt he would be a player.

It will be interesting to see what happens I think he really needs to take the bull by the horns on this loan if he wants to stay at the top level.
Hope that it clicks for him & he can kick on.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I honestly think that would be rather petty of the club. Bellerin has played for us since he was 16.
I understand the sentiment. A lot of players like the idea to play for their ' favourite or home town club' before they retire. However hector is 27 ffs & he was born in barcelona. He could easily go & play somewhere for 2 or 3 years on that length of contract then go to Betis on a free when he is 29-30.
You have to draw a line somewhere. Say Aaron Ramsdale for instance in a few years decided he only wanted to go play for Stoke.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I understand the sentiment. A lot of players like the idea to play for their ' favourite or home town club' before they retire. However hector is 27 ffs & he was born in barcelona. He could easily go & play somewhere for 2 or 3 years on that length of contract then go to Betis on a free when he is 29-30.
You have to draw a line somewhere. Say Aaron Ramsdale for instance in a few years decided he only wanted to go play for Stoke.
I honestly don't mind us trying to get some sort of fee for him. It just seems a bit vindictive to terminate his contract so late that he cannot register for a new club. Perhaps I'm too soft, but it isn't really classy if we go down that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom