• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📞 Clubs in talks Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Crazy how this guy has gone from playing for England & being an important player for us, with reported £20 mil offer from Wolves, to being a bit of a forgotten man. Feel sorry for him.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Crazy how this guy has gone from playing for England & being an important player for us, with reported £20 mil offer from Wolves, to being a bit of a forgotten man. Feel sorry for him.
He's a good player as well. Easily squad level for us and would be for most teams in Top 5 leagues, being starter quality for most of the bottom half sides. Versatile as well.

He's a bargain for the team that gets him for under £10m, really surprised that there's not more interest.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Not selling Niles for the £20-£25 million Wolves offered, then going on to never play him.

Was pretty much the first of many errors, our young manager and director has made, in transfers out of the club.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Not selling Niles for the £20-£25 million Wolves offered, then going on to never play him.

Was pretty much the first of many errors, our young manager and director has made, in transfers out of the club.

The question is if we actually got offered that. From my recollection of the reporting it was around 16m and we wanted 25m. Still should of just shifted him.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

5 to 10m seems a fair fee for a 24 year old versatile home grown player.

At the very least a loan with a mandatory purchase clause.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Still surprised nobody cares about this 24yo homegrown player england international

Kysus

Still surprised nobody cares about this 24yo homegrown player england international
You never know what is going on behind the scenes.

It was super quiet around Bellerin for example but we supposedly had 6 different offers for him that he all turned down.
Those offers rarely make it into media

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
You never know what is going on behind the scenes.

It was super quiet around Bellerin for example but we supposedly had 6 different offers for him that he all turned down.
Those offers rarely make it into media
True but you normally hear rumours. Not been a sniff this window about AMN. Maybe bare facts are simply no one wants him or he may have decided to hang around & do a basement JLingz? 😁

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Stock completely destroyed.

Shame, had massive potential but I think everybody screwed up here, including AMN. AMN should have applied himself more, but I think the managers should have given him more chances in midfield. The RB experiment failed just like I initially said it would. Not selling him to Wolves and then subsequently not playing him also in hindsight was a naive move.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

AMN should have applied himself more, but I think the managers should have given him more chances in midfield. The RB experiment failed just like I initially said it would.
To me it was always obvious that he doesn't have the solid focus and vision that is needed at midfield at a top club, said so for a long time. Somehow I also think of Ndidi/Bissouma type of player if he plays midfield, and we haven't gone for those.

Also not sure why, but Dele Alli comes to my mind how mental things etc. can hinder a career.

Maybe he could do the inverted fullback role, but then again he doesn't for example have the long passing for it.

Wingback role might be the best for him. Very sad how it has went.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
To me it was always obvious that he doesn't have the solid focus and vision that is needed at midfield at a top club, said so for a long time. Somehow I also think of Ndidi/Bissouma type of player if he plays midfield, and we haven't gone for those.

Also not sure why, but Dele Alli comes to my mind how mental things etc. can hinder a career.

Maybe he could do the inverted fullback role, but then again he doesn't for example have the long passing for it.

Wingback role might be the best for him. Very sad how it has went.

This!

He doesn't have the focus for any position, I don't think it would've been be any different if he played as a CM.

His technical and physical attributes allowed him to play both roles, but he failed wherever he played in the long run, just a few good performances here and there which weren't enough.

A wasted talent he is, if he had a bit of that Martinelli attitude instead of moaning constantly, he could've been an amazing player for us.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Thought it would be Everton or a lower PL team but this would be a great move for AMN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom