• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Yutility

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Liked that he said Wenger has been telling him to play with more intensity in his game, he has all the physical attributes to do so. Even though he can be almost too relaxed on the ball sometimes it`s nice to have a player who doesn't`t panic when he gets pressured a bit like quite a few of our other players.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
****ing sit Bellerin's ass down and start Maitland-Niles over him. Need two fullbacks that can dribble and cross. Bellerin can't do either to save his life.

Last edited:

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I wanna ses him right, Kola left for the fact Niles is a natural midfielder. Cvnt oxlade did it well and gave us tremendous balance and force with Seo on the other hand.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I see it now. Hit me like a brick wall. This boy has talent. Please don't **** it up Arséne.

You know Wenger is responsible for you appreciating his talent...right? Can't really be telling Wenger to not f*ck it up when you've only just caught on to what he realised years ago...

You know Wenger is responsible for you appreciating his talent...right? Can't really be telling Wenger to not f*ck it up when you've only just caught on to what he realised years ago...
Realising talent and nurturing it are two different things and because you can do one doesn't mean you are adept at the other. Not sure how you can confuse that but anyway

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Doesn't get MOTM because of that quick fire attack from us, but he was likely our most solid player of the evening.

When you factor in Salah and the fact that Iwobi doesn't track back, he did really well.

Would like to see him play at RB or CM next, think he's earning that chance.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He was great in possession. Played some excellent little passes that advanced the attack in the 2nd half. Defended very well in the 2nd half too but doesn' quite have full back positioning down and suffered because of that with the goals. He tried to tuck in at times when he should have stayed wide and vice versa.

I think he should be in midfield for us. He looked like a CM doing a good impression of a solid left back. Made some brilliant recovery tackles in the last 20 though.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
With the ball he is already quite good, but his positioning has to be betther with the time.

Where he was before the 0:1? - in centre midfield. He has nothing to do there, when Liverpool has the ball.
Before the 0:2 he is losing the ball easily, but still enough defenders..ah..players to defend it.
After the 3:2 Mane had a big chance and shooted straight at Cech, it was Maitland-Miles man too.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Still think Kolasinac is a better left back and should have started today. But Maitland Niles has to be given a chance in midfield. So refreshing to see someone who doesn't panic when he`s put under pressure.
You think about how much trouble we have had coughing up possession in midfield, someone with Maitland-Niles' considerable passing aptitude should be thought about as a serious option. Played excellent forward passes in tight areas, that's what we need. He's going to continue to improve and get really good.

Impact

Established Member
I thought he was excellent and already think he's a better fit than Kolasinac. Our approach play is so much more fluid with him as he is technically sound and has great composure, which are the major benefits of his schooling as a midfielder. Needs to work on his heading though.

Often Wenger is criticised for lacking tactical nous, but putting Maitland-Niles against Salah was a very intelligent move. Salah always looks to cut in from the right onto his stronger left foot. However, doing so against Niles meant that Salah was facing up to a full back defending on his stronger foot. Nullified him for the most part.

Salah's two important moments, the goal and the assist came as he cut in onto his left foot against two of our other defenders. Says a lot about how good Niles was at full back and about Wenger's decision to start him there.

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom